Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 11-26-2006, 03:59 PM   #211
Sneakerpro
I hit open 5-footers

Sneakerpro has an OK reputation so far

TMAC at his best has been better than Dirk BUT now it's ain't even close IMO.

The only players that you can say are better than Dirk are Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, and Wade.

People keep saying TMAC shut Dirk down in the playoffs. I don't understand this because if you actually watched that series you would see that every time Dirk put it on the floor they double teamed him. The Rockets defensive plan was to make someone else beat them and Jason Terry did.

I don't understand how you can use a series to hype up a player when the player was up 2-0 on going home against a team with a rookie head coach, lost the series, and lost the by the biggest margin in Game 7 history.
Sneakerpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:24 PM   #212
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakerpro
TMAC at his best has been better than Dirk BUT now it's ain't even close IMO.

The only players that you can say are better than Dirk are Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, and Wade.

There is no player, that you can say is definately better than Nowitzki.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:29 PM   #213
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

haven't seen this topic before today.

anyway, back when Tmac was healthy he was superior to Dirk but right now and for the future? Dirk easily.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #214
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:

right now, I'd take neither Kobe nor Wade over Nowitzki. Though currently, I'd say those 5 (Kobe, Dirk, TD, Bron, wade) plus KG are tier one players, with Yao catching up.

Last edited by Brunch@Five : 11-26-2006 at 05:24 PM.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:22 PM   #215
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephone
Who is better now?

HAHAHA you went through the trouble of probably going through 10, 15 pages just to bump this thread for the purpose of rubbing it in Tmac fans face.

Well, honestly, Dirk was already better than Tmac last year before this season started, so why do it now?

Don't even get me started on their respective careers, one guy couldn't get out of the first round and has been on three or four lottery teams while another has had several playoff runs with totally different supporting casts. Now I'll admit, Dirk has had more help and talent, but to do it so many years and come up huge like he did in the playoffs last year, that puts him above Tmac.

(and to people bringing up Dirk choking in the finals, please stop being ignorant, the guy played pantheon ball all playoffs and was still pretty good in the finals, he just wasn't as good as DWade, that doesn't = "choking". )

I'm also no fan of Dirk, considering I laugh at Mavs fans who put him on Duncan level, but hey, facts are facts, Dirk has been better than Tmac since last year already, and their careers ain't even close, you're talking about one career filled with playoff runs and a possible ring down the line vs a guy who's best playoff moment was dunking on Shawn Bradley.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:22 PM   #216
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

Dirk.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:44 PM   #217
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
HAHAHA you went through the trouble of probably going through 10, 15 pages just to bump this thread for the purpose of rubbing it in Tmac fans face.

Actually no, i just clicked on "replies" and this thread was on the first page due to post count. kthx owned.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:06 PM   #218
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board

The guy who shut down Dirk was Bowen. That is saying something. That playoff year was bad for Dirk. He learned like Kobe once did and stepped up the next playoff and made the finals. At the same time T-mac was watching TNT with a bad back
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:33 PM   #219
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default .

Quote:
Dirk has had the luxury of regularly being surrounded by a very talented roster, and Tracy generally hasn't at all.

all i have to say is put switch Dirk and TMac right now and the Rocketts win the title no problem.

Yao next to Dirk? title town man!
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:48 PM   #220
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Why would you compare these two players? WTF?
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:59 PM   #221
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
all i have to say is put switch Dirk and TMac right now and the Rocketts win the title no problem.

Yao next to Dirk? title town man!

You put Yao in Dallas and thats a guaranteed championship, even without Dirk. The Mavs are one of the deepest squads in the league with or without Dirk. A dominant center is a more valued commodity than a tall softy who shoots jumpers.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:02 PM   #222
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

i agree, yao would give the mavericks the down-low dominance they lack, while rebounding, blocking shots, intimidating, etc, the dallas mavericks are a VERY deep team.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 09:21 PM   #223
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board

Yes, mavericks got a better team then the rockets, but it is not like it is a huge cap.
Roleplayers more or less
Howard=Battier
harris=alston
Bench
stackhouse=Bonzi W

Those players are the players who got a really impact on the team else from Dirk, Terry, Tracy and Yao
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 09:39 PM   #224
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
You put Yao in Dallas and thats a guaranteed championship, even without Dirk. The Mavs are one of the deepest squads in the league with or without Dirk. A dominant center is a more valued commodity than a tall softy who shoots jumpers.

Yeah.. the Mavs are so deep they couldn't win their first 4 games untril dirk started playing at an MVP level scoring 30 points a game again.. haha And Dirk waasn't playing bad before either. It literally takes Dirk to play at an MVP level just to win a game. And it took him playing at the highest level in the league to beat the Spurs the other night.. by one point.

They set a Mavs record in consecutive games lost to start the season without Dirk playing like the best player in the league.

Last edited by FabCasablancas : 11-26-2006 at 09:45 PM.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:06 PM   #225
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong waySupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i used to think that laker fans were the most delusional. after this thread that title now goes to the rockets fans.

edit: but when you factor in fans like fab/hawker/joewait, dallas fans are right behind the rocket fans.

Last edited by SupermanOnSteroids : 11-26-2006 at 10:18 PM.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: