Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2006, 01:52 AM   #61
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman
 
ClutchCityReturns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Clutch City
Posts: 1,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
clutch, its not about his ability to draw double teams. its his ability to draw his defender out to the three...leaving the paint open with only one defender instead of two...this makes slashers like stackhouse, howard, and terry more dangerous... avery has figured this out and has exploited it.

Well put. I agree.

So Dirk opens up space for his teammates because he's a threat to shoot from range, and Tracy opens up space for his teammates because he's a threat to slash. The difference is that Dirk's teammates are good at doing what he sets them up to do (drive) and Tracy's teammates are not good at doing what he sets them up to do (shoot). You can't blame Tracy for that, can you? I mean, you can't polish a turd. Dirk at least has players areound him that are good to start with. Am I lying?
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:54 AM   #62
Trade
Great young streetballer
 
Trade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rockets Fanatic
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
since tmac didnt play all of last season i wont hold that against him....here are their stats from the 04-05 season...

dirk
.459FG% .399threep% .869FT% 26.1 ppg 9.7rpg 3.1 apg 1.24spg 1.53bpg

tmac
.431FG% .326threep% .774FT% 25.7ppg 6.2rpg 5.7apg 1.73spg .67bpg

so...how exactly is tmac a better all around player than dirk?
That was T-Macs first season with the Rockets he was still getting used to JVG style of play

Do what JSub said take T-Macs best season and compare them then we will see how much longer this argument lasts
Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:56 AM   #63
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Juvenile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
why dont you give us tmac's best season, then come back with your argument.

don't we talk about Tmac vs Dirk NOW? What does anyones best season have to do with it?
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:56 AM   #64
Trade
Great young streetballer
 
Trade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rockets Fanatic
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
Well put. I agree.

So Dirk opens up space for his teammates because he's a threat to shoot from range, and Tracy opens up space for his teammates because he's a threat to slash. The difference is that Dirk's teammates are good at doing what he sets them up to do (drive) and Tracy's teammates are not good at doing what he sets them up to do (shoot). You can't blame Tracy for that, can you? I mean, you can't polish a turd. Dirk at least has players areound him that are good to start with. Am I lying?
that exactly why the added Novak and Battier this year
So thats why i know T-Mac will be much better than Dirk next year too
Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:58 AM   #65
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman
 
ClutchCityReturns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Clutch City
Posts: 1,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade
Do what JSub said take T-Macs best season and compare them then we will see how much longer this argument lasts

TMac wins in PPG, APG, SPG, and Dirk wins in all three % categories, as well as RPG and BPG. I'd say nobody really has an argument either way so let's just squash that before there's 5 pages going back and forth on that.

I'm really trying to be objective here, but my fellow Rockets fans aren't helping much
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:58 AM   #66
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter
 
LakersDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenile
don't we talk about Tmac vs Dirk NOW? What does anyones best season have to do with it?
That is still a mystery to me. It's like someone saying "Well, why don't you show us Shaq's best season." :rollingeyes:
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:00 AM   #67
Hawker
Banned
 
Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,940
Default

Quote:
don't we talk about Tmac vs Dirk NOW? What does anyones best season have to do with it?

good point.

Jsub how was that stupid. If you dont play ur not better than them but really only pertains to these sort of comparisons.

I like how people say oo snap dirk choked in the finals but hey at least he was able to choke in the finals. Rockets quit hating. Ousted in the first round next year gimmie a break. I hope we play ur sorry excuse for a team next year in the first round and break u piece by piece to show how bad u guys suck.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:00 AM   #68
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter
 
LakersDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
TMac wins in PPG, APG, SPG, and Dirk wins in all three % categories, as well as RPG and BPG. I'd say nobody really has an argument either way so let's just squash that before there's 5 pages going back and forth on that.

I'm really trying to be objective here, but my fellow Rockets fans aren't helping much
You can say that again. As I said before, I would not be able to choose either one, unless T-Mac really is not healthy.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:03 AM   #69
FabCasablancas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllegalD
How quickly people forget that TMac singlehandedly SHUTDOWN Dirk two playoffs ago.

It's called DEFENSE, people. Something that is beyond _irk's (he has no D) ability or even perception. Pu$$y, chokin, Nazi, Hasselhoff-loving, motherf*cker.

TMac was a defensive stopper in Toronto and is a First-Team defender when he puts his mind to it. When healthy, he's also the most unstoppable offensive player in the league not named Kobe or AI. Handles and passes better than Dirk on top of everything.

How quickly people forget...

It's called TEAM defense..

Riley did the exact same thing with what's his name who couldn't ever defend Dirk.. as Van Gundy did with ryan Bowen and Tmac. How? Because Riley taught Van Gindy the same system!

It's their system.. the problem was that Avery and Dirk's teammates couldn't make either of them pay for guarding Dirk the way they did.. even with that though.. The Mavs really WON both series.. in spite of what the refs would tell you..
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:03 AM   #70
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star
 
SsKSpurs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio GO SPURS GO!
Posts: 2,313
Default .

Quote:
So Dirk opens up space for his teammates because he's a threat to shoot from range, and Tracy opens up space for his teammates because he's a threat to slash. The difference is that Dirk's teammates are good at doing what he sets them up to do (drive) and Tracy's teammates are not good at doing what he sets them up to do (shoot). You can't blame Tracy for that, can you? I mean, you can't polish a turd. Dirk at least has players areound him that are good to start with. Am I lying?

you make a point, i dont deny that tmac doesnt have help, but in 04-05 dallas was 4th and houston was 5th. dont tell me yall didnt have a good team. yall almost upset the mavs and then blew the series. and this is not just this past year. the mavs have been a top team for the past 4 years...alot of that has to do with dirk.

trade and Jsub what does tmacs best record have anything do with the player he is? his best season was 4 years ago...look at his numbers since then. they have DROPPED in...fg%, ft%, 3pt%, points while dirks has RISEN...this shows that dirk is slowly become a BETTER player while mcgrady is getting WORSE. the numbers dont lie, look them up.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:07 AM   #71
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter
 
LakersDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
OK BOB. Who's "we"? Since when did YOU have a team? Since when did you start talking about basketball? Aside from being ridiculed for your ugly looks, all you've done is made a plethora of stupid threads...including, but not limited to: jacking off to the ISH ad, asking us how you should sleep at night, informing us when you were talking a standardized test (although to this day, nobody gives a sh!t), talking about how you like to check out the asses of gradeschool girls.

Just leave. You are not needed or wanted here. Hasnt your esteem been damaged enough? Come back when you start growing some pubes on your balls.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:08 AM   #72
JSub
Decent college freshman
 
JSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
because u just say "he is the all around better player and more athletic." What sad is that tmac and yao is supposed to be somewhat similar to shaq and kobe. U have an all star guard and an all star Center and u cant do ****. We just have an all star forward ****ty centers and OK to good guards and forwards.

Put a bat to Shaqs foot and Kobe's back and you get Yao and TMac of last season. Already, your argument falls apart in front of your eyes.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:08 AM   #73
SmokyMcNasty
I hit open 5-footers
 
SmokyMcNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 130
Default

A sure-fire way to get 100 replies or make your topic 10+ pages long:

1. Pick two top-10 players in the league.
2. Make a "Who's better?" thread.
3. Watch the bullshyt fly!
SmokyMcNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:09 AM   #74
Trade
Great young streetballer
 
Trade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rockets Fanatic
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
you make a point, i dont deny that tmac doesnt have help, but in 04-05 dallas was 4th and houston was 5th. dont tell me yall didnt have a good team. yall almost upset the mavs and then blew the series. and this is not just this past year. the mavs have been a top team for the past 4 years...alot of that has to do with dirk.

trade and Jsub what does tmacs best record have anything do with the player he is? his best season was 4 years ago...look at his numbers since then. they have DROPPED in...fg%, ft%, 3pt%, points while dirks has RISEN...this shows that dirk is slowly become a BETTER player while mcgrady is getting WORSE. the numbers dont lie, look them up.
Like i said in the 05 season he just go traded and he was still getting used to JVG style of play!!
06 season was just a plain Sh!tty season for him

Thats why i fully expect him to prove to everyone that hes a better player in 07 just wait and see. I have high expantations for him
Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:14 AM   #75
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star
 
SsKSpurs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio GO SPURS GO!
Posts: 2,313
Default .

Quote:
Like i said in the 05 season he just go traded and he was still getting used to JVG style of play!!
06 season was just a plain Sh!tty season for him

Thats why i fully expect him to prove to everyone that hes a better player in 07 just wait and see. I have high expantations for him

trade his numbers were dropping even when he was in orlando.

look i like tmac too, i had HUGE expectations for him AND the rockets...i had the rockets last year in the western conference finals. i chose tmac in my fantasy league AHEAD of tim duncan. injuries happen i got screwed. i took alot of crap for my predictions...it doesnt take away from the fact that his numbers are steadily dropping, they were dropping in orlando so the "it was his first season with the rockets" doesnt work. ill give him some slack though because he was in a new system.


CLUTCH, TRADE, JSUB, HOW ABOUT THIS...

when playoffs come around we can all hate Dirk together!
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy