Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-07-2009, 06:10 PM   #16
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

Default Re: How can I get a Fake ID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
Whats the deal with this "scanning" stuff?

Is that when they run it through with the magnetic strip?

Cause mine is defective… so it won't work. Will I get arrested on the spot for having a "fake" when its legit?

maybe its just here, but whenever i go buy beer (i am 24 years old, so im legit), i hand my driver's license to the cashier and they don't even look at it, but they just scan it into their computer and it shows on the screen my birthdate. my guess is its a way for them to be regulated. if they check their systems it should be one scanned ID for every alcohol purchase. lets be honest, those guys at 7-11 are not expert ID checkers, so using a scan system helps reduce the chances that they sell to minors and risk losing their beer/liquor license. i don't think you would get arrested or anything but you probably just couldn't buy the alchohol and would eventually just have to get a new ID.
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #17
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotbacon23
maybe its just here, but whenever i go buy beer (i am 24 years old, so im legit), i hand my driver's license to the cashier and they don't even look at it, but they just scan it into their computer and it shows on the screen my birthdate. my guess is its a way for them to be regulated. if they check their systems it should be one scanned ID for every alcohol purchase. lets be honest, those guys at 7-11 are not expert ID checkers, so using a scan system helps reduce the chances that they sell to minors and risk losing their beer/liquor license. i don't think you would get arrested or anything but you probably just couldn't buy the alchohol and would eventually just have to get a new ID.

Hmmm.

I seldom buy alcohol these days, but I do enjoy a drink every now and again.
I have never been denied when they try to swipe my id, they usually try 3-4 times and then it looks like they type my number in or just hand me back my id and take my money.
I'm 32 years old now but I do look a bit "younger", especially when I have a proper clean shave - which is how I also look on my license. Also, I noticed in Michigan, that id's for youngins is vertical (LOL)… I think this started a few years ago?

I've had a credit card fail too but I just called my bank and got a new one with in a couple days. I won't bother getting a new id since the state will charge me money.

Oh well, I actually don't like the swiping of ID business, so I am glad that mine fails…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #18
Parade
and t'all a good night

Are you asian? If you're asian, just find any other asian to give you their id. White bouncers can't tell the difference, charlie.
Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:02 AM   #19
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

whats with this scanning i live in canada is it something in the states or what?
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:05 AM   #20
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden695
whats with this scanning i live in canada is it something in the states or what?

ya not sure what that's about. Never had an ID scanned before.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:54 AM   #21
mattreis62
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden695

Magnetic strip technology must not have made it north of the border yet.
mattreis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:05 AM   #22
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro

First thing to come to my mind when I read the thread title
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:51 AM   #23
YAWN
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by barne100
ha the only actual "fake I.D.'s" i've ever seen were from California.

i highly doubt they were real fakes... i think the california fake id is the most complicated one to duplicate; holographic seals, black light strips etc. it would be stupid to have a cali fake id unless it was an actual one from a similar looking person.

and if you're dumb enough to live in ca and get a fake ca id to go to all these places with bouncers and door guys that see hundreds of thousands of ca ids a year, then you deserve to be hanging out at the mall and starbucks every saturday night.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #24
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

Quote:
I have been out with my gf - who while the same age as me gets her ID checked quite often - and I saw her ID get scanned a couple of times recently but only at the liquor store, never a bar.
So based on this single anecdotal piece of evidence: New Brunswick > the rest of Canada when it comes to technology.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:32 AM   #25
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

Quote:

i'm actually really surprised that a lot of people have never had their ids scanned. even the gas station and the 7-11 by me have scanning devices. i just assumed they were everywhere.
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: