Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2006, 03:01 AM   #1
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star
 
*LAKERS_3_PETE*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sin City!
Posts: 1,168
*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation
Question Odom & Radmanovic (Consistant 2nd & 3rd Scorers?)

With much anticipation for this upcoming season the Lakers will have to address on their key issue in motivating their 2nd & 3rd scorers to step up on a consistant basis and to take some pressure off of Kobe in the scoring department. With much to my knowledge I believe we have those 2 scoring options available in Lamar and Vladmir , with Lamar now on record after stating publicly that he's found his niche on this Laker team and feels much more comfortable with his role as a 2nd scorer at the offensive end. Lo for 2 years now have been the Lakers facilitator on offense therefore leaving his scoring outputs in most games to be consistantly low as a 2nd option, and hopefully all that will change this year when we'll be seeing a much more aggressive Odom knowing his teammates are reliant on him to step it up on offense.

Lakers by acquiring sharp shooting forward Vladmir Radmanovic have given us high hopes in finding our 2nd and 3rd scorer if all goes well for Rad under phil's triangle system. Lakers also by acquiring Maurice Evans, Shammond Williams along w/rookie Jordan Farmar have made us a much deeper team off the bench without losing any of our key players from last years' P/O team. I see our Lakers being deep enough this year when your 3rd stringers Bynum, Turiaf, Vujhacic and Farmar can compete with the primary backups Mihm, Cook, Williams and Evans for more minutes. So what do you guys think will Odom & Rad come through consistantly as our 2nd and 3rd scorers and will our bench deliver for us with the 3 stringers just as good if not better than our back-ups? GO LAKERS!!!
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:20 AM   #2
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter
 
LakersDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,114
LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation
Default

If they put up 30+ together we are in good shape.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:53 AM   #3
Shark
I hit open layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 162
Shark has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LAKERS_3_PETE*
Lakers by acquiring sharp shooting forward Vladmir Radmanovic have given us high hopes in finding our 2nd and 3rd scorer

I don't think Odom and Radmanovic will score so much, and it will be difficult to find a 2nd option, let alone a 3rd, in the roster.
I see a team with kobe (around 30 ppg) and 4 other players capable to go between 10 and 20 depending on opponents and cold/hot hand.
I expect Smush to improve (he was nearly a rookie last year) and Kwame to be able to average double digit points.
Odom will probably average 16 or so, while I think Radmanovic will get around 12-14, but with great up and downs.
My main concern is: will Odom-Rad be able to effectively play D agains other wings?
If so, we can make a deep playoff run, if not, we're in trouble.
About the bench, I don't expect much from Williams, I think the backup at 1 will be Sasha/Farmar/Pinnock (in order of prob). Evans will be a solid backup at 2 (but can be also used together with Kobe), Walton/Turiaf/Cook the backup Fs, Mihm the backup C. I hope some room can be found for Bynum to improve, and I expect the Lakers to use the NBDL a lot more then last season, as now they own the D-fenders.
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:46 AM   #4
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 9,845
hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
If they put up 30+ together we are in good shape.

I think they will defintely put up more than that. 30 would be mediocre. based on players' quotes and expectations this offseason..lamar wants to avg 20/9/6 and is determined to play as one of the best in the game and kobe told radman he'll have the chance for 18 a game. so im gonna say that 35+ from both would be the best case scenario, along with an improving kwame with 13/8, some help off the bench combined with the abilites of my bryant and we got ourselves a dangerous team.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:48 AM   #5
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star
 
*LAKERS_3_PETE*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sin City!
Posts: 1,168
*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark
I don't think Odom and Radmanovic will score so much, and it will be difficult to find a 2nd option, let alone a 3rd, in the roster.
I see a team with kobe (around 30 ppg) and 4 other players capable to go between 10 and 20 depending on opponents and cold/hot hand.
I expect Smush to improve (he was nearly a rookie last year) and Kwame to be able to average double digit points.
Odom will probably average 16 or so, while I think Radmanovic will get around 12-14, but with great up and downs.
My main concern is: will Odom-Rad be able to effectively play D agains other wings?
If so, we can make a deep playoff run, if not, we're in trouble.
About the bench, I don't expect much from Williams, I think the backup at 1 will be Sasha/Farmar/Pinnock (in order of prob). Evans will be a solid backup at 2 (but can be also used together with Kobe), Walton/Turiaf/Cook the backup Fs, Mihm the backup C. I hope some room can be found for Bynum to improve, and I expect the Lakers to use the NBDL a lot more then last season, as now they own the D-fenders.

I agree that kobe will be averaging around 30 points and if he averages any higher than that, it will only reflect on us not having the consistant scorers that's needed to aleviate the scoring burden off of kobe. Odom has been consistantly scoring his career avrg 16 pts a game ever since he came into the league and if Lo doesn't increase his scoring output in his 3rd year as a Laker than odom would be considered no better than an avrg player that can't be motivated into upgrading his offensive game . If our other scoring weapon Radmanovic can't average more than 12 points a game (though that's around his avrg) than he would be no better than Smush (who I feel can avrg that) in scoring, and acquiring Rad wouldn't be too beneficial on prying away kobe's defenders considering the double teaming will continue to focus on kobe. If that's the case the Lakers will be in the same shoes after the post Shaq era of not having a real scoring threat outside of kobe which makes defending the Lakers to be an obvious one.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:19 PM   #6
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star
 
dblockallstars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 601
dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LAKERS_3_PETE*
I agree that kobe will be averaging around 30 points and if he averages any higher than that, it will only reflect on us not having the consistant scorers that's needed to aleviate the scoring burden off of kobe. Odom has been consistantly scoring his career avrg 16 pts a game ever since he came into the league and if Lo doesn't increase his scoring output in his 3rd year as a Laker than odom would be considered no better than an avrg player that can't be motivated into upgrading his offensive game . If our other scoring weapon Radmanovic can't average more than 12 points a game (though that's around his avrg) than he would be no better than Smush (who I feel can avrg that) in scoring, and acquiring Rad wouldn't be too beneficial on prying away kobe's defenders considering the double teaming will continue to focus on kobe. If that's the case the Lakers will be in the same shoes after the post Shaq era of not having a real scoring threat outside of kobe which makes defending the Lakers to be an obvious one.

Radman is a career 10-12pt scorer n puttin him together w/ kobe doesn't bode well for an increase in that average....that doesnt mean that he wasn't worth it b/c even if he scores 12pts, he'll do it differently than smush b/c he's pretty much an exclusively outside player n just him bein out there can make smush more effective by giving him lanes 2 the basket n kick out to vlad when the the D collapses....n smush doesn't have 2 shoot that many 3's which isn't his forte - he can attack the basket more, now that we have another legitimate 3pt threat.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:06 PM   #7
ManUtd
Banned
 
ManUtd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 243
ManUtd has an OK reputation so far
Default

Odom is not a 2nd option...he's a third option....and Radmanovic is just a role player, I'm not sure he's a starting caliber player.


What I'm trying to say is that if you're expecting them to play like a 2nd and 3rd option, you will most likely be dissapointed because they aren't that good.
ManUtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:27 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,849
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

people that think Odom is not a 2nd option need some help.

Anyone putting up 15-20 ppg in the playoffs is a second option.

Odom does more than just score so I count him the second best player on the team as well as second option.

Hopeully if parker gets back his confidence and Kwame has remained confident...we will be an unstoppable team.

We have everything we need to compete further than the first round now we just need to get them to play with a consistent performance every game.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:04 PM   #9
jay b
I airball my layups
 
jay b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 48
jay b has an OK reputation so far
Default

I think a determined Odom is good Odom. After getting another taste of the playoffs last season and getting used to his role behind Kobe, I think Odom is gonna be really good this year. As for Radmanovic, he has been extremely inconsistant throughout his career with the Sonics and the Clippers. He has to show that he can be a third scorer before he can be placed in that role.
jay b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:38 PM   #10
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Wrong post.

Last edited by LakerRaider : 09-21-2006 at 05:43 PM.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:55 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,849
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay b
I think a determined Odom is good Odom. After getting another taste of the playoffs last season and getting used to his role behind Kobe, I think Odom is gonna be really good this year. As for Radmanovic, he has been extremely inconsistant throughout his career with the Sonics and the Clippers. He has to show that he can be a third scorer before he can be placed in that role.

I think radman will just stretch the defense with parker and knock down as mugh open shots as possible

1st option is Kobe
2nd is lamar
3rd is kwame

4th will be Parker and radman knocking down open shots and lifting a huge load off the other 3.

With that happening I cant see Kobe averaging anymore than 30 this year which is good so he can play longer. he will get more assists.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:30 PM   #12
lakers-city
Good college starter
 
lakers-city's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,069
lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation
Default

we dont have radman to be a 3rd option, we have him to shoot the lights out from downtown which smush, sasha, and all of our players cant do even when kobe passes them the ball.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:47 PM   #13
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
SoCalMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 23,356
SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Well, Odom can be a second option, but personally, I think he'd prefer to be a third option, so I get what the poster meant. Odom is an unselfish player and has no problem dishing the ball off. Unfortunately for Odom, in the Lakers scenario, he is the #2 option.

I really like Odom's game, so I don't want him traded. I wish we could find a true second option player... someone comfortable putting the ball up as part of a team dynamic.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:44 AM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,849
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

When Odom plays aggressive he can be a second option.

Phil Jackson is the kind of coach to get guys to play to their full potential.

So I trust Odom will come out stronger during the regular season.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:26 AM   #15
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star
 
*LAKERS_3_PETE*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sin City!
Posts: 1,168
*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Well, Odom can be a second option, but personally, I think he'd prefer to be a third option, so I get what the poster meant. Odom is an unselfish player and has no problem dishing the ball off. Unfortunately for Odom, in the Lakers scenario, he is the #2 option.

SoCalMike your response is right on the money when I questioned if Odom & Radmanovic can consistantly be OUR 2nd & 3rd scorers is exactly how it's meant. We know that neither LO nor Rad has ever been categorized as prolific scorers and by no means your prototype 2nd & 3rd options but in the
Lakers scenario they have to accept it despite Rads' 12 point career avrg as a role player. I can't see anyone else on our roster aside from Kobe that can outscore odom & Rad night in and night out, now the question remains IF Odom & Rad themselves are consistant enough to score on a nightly basis?
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy