Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-04-2006, 12:48 AM   #1
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool
Default Chicago Wants a Douby

Quote:
Two weeks ago NBADraft.net reported that Quincy Douby likely had a first round promise from a Midwest team. According to contacts, the rumored Midwest team with a promise to Douby is the Chicago Bulls. Chicago coach Scott Skiles has the same agent as Douby and the Bulls appear intent upon adding Douby to their backcourt of Ben Gordon, Kirk Hinrich and Chris Duhon.

After winning the second pick in the draft lottery, the Bulls are assured of nabbing one of the top bigmen in the draft. With LaMarcus Aldridge likely to go first overall, the Bulls will select between Andrea Bargnani and Tyrus Thomas, allowing them to go small with their second pick.

Douby is similar to Gordon in that he is more of a scoring small guard. Should the Bulls end up making a blockbuster deal including Gordon for Kevin Garnett, Douby would be able to give the team a similar type of player.

NBADraft.net spoke with a scout with Chicago on Wednesday who said that the Bulls have had Douby in for a workout and were impressed but denied this report saying that there has been no promise made

I don't really see why they want another guard. Is he a PG or SG?
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:48 AM   #2
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Go Rutgers!
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:23 AM   #3
Unregistered

He is a poormans Ben Gordon an Sg in a PG body. He is around 6-3.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:24 AM   #4
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

I really don't think he can be a consistent starter in this league, but I think he could be a nice offensive punch off the bench for a team (hopefully the Nets) like Eddie House is for the Suns.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:30 AM   #5
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Ricardo Tubbs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I don't really see why they want another guard. Is he a PG or SG?

Did you not read the whole god damned report? It said the Bulls DID NOT make a promise to Douby.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:41 AM   #6
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Why they would want to add him to a backcourt that already includes Kirk Hinrich, Chris Duhon, and Ben Gordon is beyond me.

It's either a smokescreen or the Bulls are trying to trade either Gordon or Duhon. Maybe both.

Also, I don't buy the reports that the Bulls will take Tyrus Thomas at #2. How can people make that ascertion when they don't even know who the #1 pick will be?
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:01 AM   #7
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default Re:

Bulls need a way to get Lemarcus Aldridge.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:34 AM   #8
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Douby

From what I've seen on Douby and the couple games I saw him play in, he's got mad skills! The guy can shoot! Great one on one skills and handle of the ball. He's got longer arms than Gordon by far and he's quicker. I'd say better defender also. Does this all mean he's better than Gordon? Probably not. He's skinny and he himself mentioned that the first time he played Gordon that he was overwhelmed with Gordon's upperbody strength. He will be a nice sparkplug for any NBA team. If that team is the Bulls that pick him, we might be saying bye to Gordon. Or maybe Duhon.
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 02:43 PM   #9
dynagchen
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dynagchen has an OK reputation so far

Gordon >>>>>>>> Douby
dynagchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:17 PM   #10
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.

this is just a rumor by that slacker from rutger's agent. just like ty thomas and his agent who said the same thing. fact is everyone wants to touch the bulls because they are a diamond being polished right now.

**** that short PG wannabe bull from a shiiity azz school.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:27 PM   #11
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

I see no point in drafting an undersized (poor mans Ben Gordon) scoring SG when we already have BEN GORDON.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: