Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #16
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: JO for Marion straight up!

I don't think the contracts matchup...though if you added some scrub from Miami with a bad contract, and had the Raps giving up the 1st instead of Miami, it is at least plausable....and bencifical to both sides (if you ignore JO's terrible health).
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #17
GoodTrade
I airball my layups

GoodTrade has an OK reputation so far

JO might not be the JO of old but he is still worth more than your stupid ass
GoodTrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #18
gecko044
I airball my layups

gecko044 has an OK reputation so far

if there is any team that can utilize JO's services to the max, it would be the Trailblazers. they have Greg Oden who needs some serious mentoring and we are talking abt the future at the centre position. there are only 3 players tht dominate tht position tht come to mind besides Shaq and those are Dwight, Yao, and Oden. if he is part of their future core, they need him to develop and the only way to do tht is by getting someone to teach him. match salaries and skill, we can come out on top and solidify our roster. 3 for 1? 4 for 2??
gecko044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #19
GoodTrade
I airball my layups

GoodTrade has an OK reputation so far

That would be great for T.O but not for the Blazers. Imagine signing a coach for Oden that costs 23M per season. For Portland to get him they would have to give up way too much to match contracts
GoodTrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #20
gecko044
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTrade
That would be great for T.O but not for the Blazers. Imagine signing a coach for Oden that costs 23M per season. For Portland to get him they would have to give up way too much to match contracts

yyyyyeah well the thing abt tht is JO shouldnt be traded this season. IFF he is traded then tht should be in the offseason with sign and trades. tht way salaries will match better. the guy has heart. he gives the effort and plays hard. i wouldnt give him up unless it was really worth it.

and dont forget...blazers dont just have Oden to worry abt. they have Aldridge too. and there is a big difference between mentoring and coaching. JO will basically take them under his wing. they will learn on the spot, hands on. not just being told wht to do. sometimes you gota bite the bullet even if it costs you 23 million just cuz its a future investment. those 2 will cost them 30 million per season in a few years anyway.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:22 PM   #21
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

Correct me if i'm wrong but i definitely think J.O has rubbed off on Bargnani big time. Bargs use to have a rather soft mentality last year. This year that has changed completely, he seems to have developed an edge to him this year, a bit of a mean streak has shown from time to time. So keeping J.O may actually benefit Bargnai more than we might think. Playing alongside two of the better NBA big men of the last 10 years has to help his development into becoming one of them, himself.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #22
gecko044
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1
Correct me if i'm wrong but i definitely think J.O has rubbed off on Bargnani big time. Bargs use to have a rather soft mentality last year. This year that has changed completely, he seems to have developed an edge to him this year, a bit of a mean streak has shown from time to time. So keeping J.O may actually benefit Bargnai more than we might think. Playing alongside two of the better NBA big men of the last 10 years has to help his development into becoming one of them, himself.

thats what i have been trying to say all this time. JO mentored him. and remember they played one on one during the summer? he can still learn more. the only thing is tht now further learning will be a lil slower process. the good news is the rest of the nba is taking notice and tht should raise his value. injury issues or not, JO is JO and he has value regardless.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:48 AM   #23
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
first sensible post in this thread.

why don't we trade will solomon for kobe bryant while we're at it.

Source?
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:52 AM   #24
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1

Good point I guess. But Bargs needs JOs minutes as evidenced by his play since he has been injured. He is more than capable of playing C and should not be sharing his time with JO. It's hurting his development. JOs contract needs to be shipped for us to be competitive in 2009! JO (21M) + 1st Protected for Marion (19M) + Scrub. Might as well clear cap space for next year right?
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: