Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 09-11-2006, 03:43 PM   #31
SCdac
NBA sixth man of the year

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
btw, don't he look like a black teenage mutant ninja turtle? seriously, with the round head, the headband, elbow band and all that stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat

Z-Bo = Ninjaturtle

The biggest Ninja Turtle look alike is definitely Mike Jones.

SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:50 PM   #32
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Zaza I see your point except one thing. Bonzi is perfect in Orlando. Yea they have bigs but neither of them can do anything in the post. at this point Dwight is just good for dunks and Darko jumpshots. why can't Bonzi be a top option? I think he'll help alot. of course they can't lock him up longterm because they'll want Carter, and Dwight and Darko will get better. but for one year? maybe 2? works.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:02 PM   #33
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool

I'm not seeing it. Send Bonzi down with Darko and How hanging around on the perimeter, is begging for every big in the league to just wait for Bonz to bring it in and swallow it up.

Back when you could isolate without a zone, Bonzi would've been a dream. Now, you can drop off a non-threatening Dwight and Darko and focus on the g'6 player who thinks he's big.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:52 PM   #34
Sasquatch Testes
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Sasquatch Testes has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation wtf!? Bonzi Wells a Houston Rocket?

I've been hearing some rumors about Bonzi joining the Houston Rockets. Anyone have any info on this?
Sasquatch Testes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:53 PM   #35
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

god I hope not
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:54 PM   #36
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

i don't think so, it's just Rocket fans who've been talking about what if Bonzi came to houston and he was the missing peice. so far, i haven't heard anything, but i do think houston has some money left to offer...not sure.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:56 PM   #37
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

We have about 2 million left to offer him.

I haven't heard anything real about him coming. Just some "what ifs" in the papers.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:56 PM   #38
Señor Cedric
why live??

Señor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch Testes
I've been hearing some rumors about Bonzi joining the Houston Rockets. Anyone have any info on this?

I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago, I heard it from a source that I won't comment on, but they are a real gm writer (not me either)

CT: Ming
PF: Battier
SF: Wells
SG: McGrady
PG: Alston

Thats the lineup they'll use if they get him, and Howard will be used for the traditional power forwards when they need to go big. This is close to happening cause the Rockets haven't acquired a free agent power forward and Wells is the best player still going, and they like the rebounding and defense that he brings to the table.

I'm not saying this is a definite, more like a maybe like the Pierce to Denver deal rumoured on ISH. But it is being talked about by the Rockets, thats all I can say.
Señor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:00 PM   #39
Sasquatch Testes
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Sasquatch Testes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Cedric
I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago, I heard it from a source that I won't comment on, but they are a real gm writer (not me either)

CT: Ming
PF: Battier
SF: Wells
SG: McGrady
PG: Alston

Thats the lineup they'll use if they get him, and Howard will be used for the traditional power forwards when they need to go big. This is close to happening cause the Rockets haven't acquired a free agent power forward and Wells is the best player still going, and they like the rebounding and defense that he brings to the table.

I'm not saying this is a definite, more like a maybe like the Pierce to Denver deal rumoured on ISH. But it is being talked about by the Rockets, thats all I can say.

That lineup looks pretty killer.
Sasquatch Testes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:02 PM   #40
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

really? i dont know....to me it looks good, but not very good. battier plays pf?
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:02 PM   #41
Rocketeer
I airball my layups

Rocketeer has an OK reputation so far

I will flip out if he becomes a Rocket
Mavs Fans Beware

Last edited by Rocketeer : 09-14-2006 at 09:05 PM.
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:04 PM   #42
Señor Cedric
why live??

Señor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
really? i dont know....to me it looks good, but not very good. battier plays pf?

Ming is big enough to have Battier play beside him. JVG said that Battier would play a lot of power forward this year.

I think the Rockets just want to put defenders on the floor, they dont really care about positions. Against guys like Duncan, Battier will need to move to the bench maybe. Although Battier can guard guys like Elson.

It's just hard for him when they play two big guys with low post game:
-Randolph and Magloire
-Duncan and Butler

Etc
Old 09-14-2006, 09:06 PM   #43
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Cedric
It's just hard for him when they play two big guys with low post game:
-Randolph and Magloire
-Duncan and Butler

Etc

Don't forget Mihm and Kwame.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:12 PM   #44
Señor Cedric
why live??

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
Don't forget Mihm and Kwame.

LOL. Kwame shouldnt be a hard match for Battier.

Not many teams have two legit large post options.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:14 PM   #45
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

Quote:
We have about 2 million left to offer him.

i doubt he will come for a mere 2 million. his stock value is very high right now and i believe he will milk this cow for whatever he can get out of it.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: