Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-09-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default Kapono to Celtics?

"Sports Illustrated's Chris Mannix was on The Jim Rome Show yesterday and floated this rumor: Jason Kapono to the Celtics for Brian Scalabrine and a conditional draft pick.

Make of this what you will."
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kapono to Celtics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
"Sports Illustrated's Chris Mannix was on The Jim Rome Show yesterday and floated this rumor: Jason Kapono to the Celtics for Brian Scalabrine and a conditional draft pick.

Make of this what you will."

It's rare that teams trade within the division. I don't know if even Garnett could get Kapono to play D.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd do it.

Kapono has 2 more years left on his deal after this season.
Scalabrine has only 1.

Since both suck and I wouldn't want either playing too many minutes for the Raptors, I'll take the shorter deal.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #4
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Hell no ..... Kapono is worth more than that even with that BIG contract, wait till playoff time comes ALOT of teams will be looking for a legit 3 point shooter, just wait and see ...... Brian Scalabrine? he's crap, maybe for someone like Leon Powe
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #5
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Scal is at least funny off the court. If the pick was first I'd consider it. Otherwise I'd want at least a somewhat useful roleplayer at the wing: kapono isn't much, but the Raps have no depth at 2/3, a can't afford to be taking on completely dead weight (and I like Scal as person).
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:40 PM   #6
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Draft pick and Scal? Ill say no. Scalabrine doesn't impress me.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #7
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
Scal is at least funny off the court. If the pick was first I'd consider it. Otherwise I'd want at least a somewhat useful roleplayer at the wing: kapono isn't much, but the Raps have no depth at 2/3, a can't afford to be taking on completely dead weight (and I like Scal as person).

First Round? ..... yea maybe LATE first round nothing from 1 - 15 considering the Boston Celtics aren't going to be in the loto draft for next couple years LOL ...... and plus by the way the raptors have been drafting i'd rather not have any draft picks ...... LOL stick with proven players!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:43 AM   #8
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I'd do it.

Kapono has 2 more years left on his deal after this season.
Scalabrine has only 1.

Since both suck and I wouldn't want either playing too many minutes for the Raptors, I'll take the shorter deal.

I would keep Kapono and his large contract over Scalabrine. We don't need any more below-average bench players. Kapono was VERY valuable during the playoffs for us and is capable of getting hot and hitting big shots. I feels like I never agree with anything you say Owyjibo. Do you try to think radically to make things a little bit more interesting around here? Because nobody seems to agree. Who the hell would trade Kapono for Scalabrine, ESPECIALLY when the teams are in the same division. That's just absurd. If Kapono was on the Celtics he would light us up worse than Pierce does, just because he is a big game player. Overpaid or not, the guy has skills.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:02 AM   #9
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
I would keep Kapono and his large contract over Scalabrine. We don't need any more below-average bench players. Kapono was VERY valuable during the playoffs for us and is capable of getting hot and hitting big shots. I feels like I never agree with anything you say Owyjibo. Do you try to think radically to make things a little bit more interesting around here? Because nobody seems to agree. Who the hell would trade Kapono for Scalabrine, ESPECIALLY when the teams are in the same division. That's just absurd. If Kapono was on the Celtics he would light us up worse than Pierce does, just because he is a big game player. Overpaid or not, the guy has skills.
Couldn't have said it better myself and yes Kapono will perform in the playoffs. That you can take that to the bank!
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:54 AM   #10
EuroWise
GM Star

EuroWise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
Hell no ..... Kapono is worth more than that even with that BIG contract, wait till playoff time comes ALOT of teams will be looking for a legit 3 point shooter, just wait and see ...... Brian Scalabrine? he's crap, maybe for someone like Leon Powe

Before playoff time the trade deadline is over!!

I will say no to this trade. I hate Scalabrine... i still don't understand why is he playing in NBA and why have such a contract...
EuroWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #11
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

As much as I want to get rid of Kapono's contract I can't make that trade. Kapono atleast he can play a little and with our depth thin at the wing.

Scalabrini is completely useless, Voskhul is a better fit for the raps.

I'd have to get Bill Walker coming this way aswell for me to do the trade.

EDIT: Just thinking but I don't think that this trade works under the CBA.

Last edited by Dr.Funk : 01-10-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #12
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The reason I'd want this trade is because I don't see the Raptors doing anything in the playoffs this year anyways. I don't really care if Kapono can contribute more than Scalabrine. So instead of losing 4-0 or 4-1 the Raptors might only lose 4-2? I'll take the one year less on the contract so the Raptors can hopefully use that money wisely next time.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #13
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

this isnt a deal to improve the team, this is a deal to rectify the terrible mistake BC made when he signed Kapono to that ridiculous contract
unload some cap space and be a player in this years and next years free agent market is more appealing than having a 3pt shooter extraordinaire who is extremely one-dimensional
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:58 PM   #14
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

No Scalabrine please.

If Celtics really want Kapono, how about: Kapono + Moon (or other filler) for Leon Powe
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #15
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Booooo! no Scalabrine pls! I don't like JK's contract but i'd never do this trade. Gimme Tony Allen and a 20+ 1st rounder and we got a deal.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: