Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #1
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Raptors Back - Back with Celtics Thread

Raptors / Celtics Tread for the back-back games coming up .......

Will the Celtics be angry and come out strong after the lose to the Cavs ?

or will Toronto have a chance to at least take one ( probably home court ) out of the two?

Member Bobcats and Warriors did beat them recently, i would say we should at least take one game!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:59 PM   #2
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Raptors Back - Back with Celtics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
Raptors / Celtics Tread for the back-back games coming up .......

Will the Celtics be angry and come out strong after the lose to the Cavs ?

or will Toronto have a chance to at least take one ( probably home court ) out of the two?

Member Bobcats and Warriors did beat them recently, i would say we should at least take one game!

Hopefully we do... most notably the one at home. The back-to-back is advantageous to the Raps as the Celts home game is a back-to-back off a road trip, whereas the Raptors will be coming off a long homestand.

They need to come out strong and get on the Celts right away, and keep that lingering doubt in their minds.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #3
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Notes:

They lost 4 in a row. (Bad streak from the Champs)
We won 4-5 coming from both legit teams such as Houston and Orlando (Orlando the best road team in the NBA and we beat them at home).

I am hoping to snatch 2, or go 1-1, 0-2 would be terrible.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:36 PM   #4
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

honestly going 1 - 1 is pretty good ..... going 0 - 2 is horrible considering Bobcats and Warriors beat them just recently .......
Old 01-09-2009, 11:37 PM   #5
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

If Bargnani stays hot ..... he will be able to eat Perkins!
Old 01-10-2009, 01:12 AM   #6
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

yea bargs will be the key cause cb4 has the defensive player of the year on him. Perimeter defense would be more important to me though hopefully moon, graham, and parker will be able to contest shots espically from allen and pierce.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:15 AM   #7
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
yea bargs will be the key cause cb4 has the defensive player of the year on him. Perimeter defense would be more important to me though hopefully moon, graham, and parker will be able to contest shots espically from allen and pierce.

Take advantage of KG and Allens slump lately.
Pierce is just doing it constantly in this team, until today when he got totally locked down. Most def. we need our wings to lock down Pierce, and not bite on his pump fakes that makes Moon get his early fouls early (most of the time when we play C's)
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:16 AM   #8
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Bargnani is gonna average 35/10 in those two games.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:34 AM   #9
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
Bargnani is gonna average 35/10 in those two games.

I really hope he turned the corner and this isn't a fluke streak. From what I can remember everyone wanted to trade him while his value has been high. But now that he's getting consistent minutes that logic does not seem like such a great idea..
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:00 AM   #10
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Bargnani's confidence is at an all time high, and the Celtics are realing right now. I can see Garnett getting stupid at some point in either of these two games, likely in Boston on Monday by getting in somebody's face or something like that. And I can also see Bargnani's first ejection coming.

I think Bargs is looking forward to these two games and will not take any sh!t from Garnett.

Just a hunch.

Last edited by b4ball : 01-10-2009 at 11:40 AM.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #11
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Quote:

I have to agree, if Bargs continues his strong play and shoots a good %, I cant see why we dont earn a split.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #12
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

I think i would like to see Jake Voskuhl hammer KG flat on his ass a few times, on hard picks, freeing up Chris for an easy jaunt to the basket. Boy the ACC would just love it, even if it resulted, in a flagrant foul. That alone would propel us to victory.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #13
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
I really hope he turned the corner and this isn't a fluke streak. From what I can remember everyone wanted to trade him while his value has been high. But now that he's getting consistent minutes that logic does not seem like such a great idea..

I just hope when he does have a bad game (it will happen, everyone has them), people don't come out of the woodwork and start with the "bust" trade and bashing talk.

But you know that will happen... i just hope people would show some restraint to see if he can pick himself back up after a bad one.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:46 PM   #14
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
honestly going 1 - 1 is pretty good ..... going 0 - 2 is horrible considering Bobcats and Warriors beat them just recently .......

Well, it wouldn't be horrible if they're in both games... they ARE still the Celtics you know, and this is just a slump. They didn't go from 19 in a row to worst team in the league.

Obviously winning 1/2 at least is a priority, but I don't think they'd be closing up shop if they lost 2 and were competitive in both.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #15
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

the celtics for some reason always come to play against us
they'll be bitter about losing to LeBron and the Cav's also so don't be surprised if they blow us away in the first game
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: