Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #16
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Raptors Back - Back with Celtics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1
I think i would like to see Jake Voskuhl hammer KG flat on his ass a few times, on hard picks, freeing up Chris for an easy jaunt to the basket. Boy the ACC would just love it, even if it resulted, in a flagrant foul. That alone would propel us to victory.

Something like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puXDg637X10
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #17
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Yeah Baybe!! Thats what im talking bout. Good for Matt. But seriously, if Chris is a non factor because KG is riding him, all you have to do is send picks at him to free up Chris for a few rolls to the basket.

Last edited by antonaki1 : 01-10-2009 at 01:54 PM.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #18
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Well, it wouldn't be horrible if they're in both games... they ARE still the Celtics you know, and this is just a slump. They didn't go from 19 in a row to worst team in the league.

Obviously winning 1/2 at least is a priority, but I don't think they'd be closing up shop if they lost 2 and were competitive in both.

+1

i think the celtics will come out strong on Sunday.. and I won't be too surprise to see us go 0-2

1-1 is impressive to me

2-0 is not impossible, and will probably get us to top 10 in NBA power rankings!

key match-up is going to be Bosh vs Garnett.. and i still think that Garnett has the advantage because he is a good defender, and it will be hard for Bosh to get those foul calls against a hall-of-famer (i suspect a drop in Bosh's FT numbers)

Perkins vs Bargs is like an x-factor.. Perkins is a very good defender in the post.. Bargs must take advantage from perimeter
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #19
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I was just going to bring up Bonner tossing Garnett to the wood like a ragdoll. I too would enjoy at least a Voskuhl elbow or two - I actually hope Garnett does something dumb to provoke a little retaliation. Maybe he'll get on all fours and meow like a kitten.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:37 AM   #20
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1
Yeah Baybe!! Thats what im talking bout. Good for Matt. But seriously, if Chris is a non factor because KG is riding him, all you have to do is send picks at him to free up Chris for a few rolls to the basket.

Matt Bonner is the ****ing ****. I hope JO or Bargs rips that lanky ass ****er Garnett to threads. I hate that mouthy ****.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:12 AM   #21
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

After a couple elbows from Voskhul he may very well get on all fours again and meow like a kitten. That's too funny man, your killing me.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #22
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Seriously though, i'm glad we have Voskuhl for a game like this because despite being on a slide, we know that even though the offense isn't quite working out, the defense isn't going so good, one thing that is constant is their mouths which never close. Voskuhl needs to give some good hard (but legal) fouls on KG and Perkins, that'll make my day.

As for the actual game, it still worries me. But i'm hoping the combination of us playing well lately + them not playing well is good enough to overcome having nobody to guard Pierce and Ray Allen.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:56 PM   #23
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
As for the actual game, it still worries me. But i'm hoping the combination of us playing well lately + them not playing well is good enough to overcome having nobody to guard Pierce and Ray Allen.

LOL. Sometimes it sucks being right... oh well, hopefully we outscore them because perimeter D just is not gonna happen.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #24
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

Come on Raps, you need to take at least one win from this
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #25
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Nobody and I mean nobody on the Raps is driving the basket.

Not a single frickin player, not Bosh, not Bargnani not a frickin soul.

Terrible.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:36 PM   #26
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Nobody and I mean nobody on the Raps is driving the basket.

Not a single frickin player, not Bosh, not Bargnani not a frickin soul.

Terrible.
For me it's like, yeah you can ask players to step out of their comfort zone and produce in ways that aren't customary to their game or else you can get the type of players who typically do what you need them to do.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:54 PM   #27
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Where was that CB4 earlier?
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #28
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Pretty good game ..... i think having Jose coming back and playing only 22 minutes ruined the Chem, than leaving around half time, we made a huge run without him ......

Regardless since were playing well right now Jose should just sit out until he's 100% because having him not at 100% is only going to hurt us on the defensive end ......

Last edited by jrcp3 : 01-11-2009 at 03:06 PM.
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:12 PM   #29
GoodTrade
I airball my layups

GoodTrade has an OK reputation so far

I think this game had more to do with the biggest draft bust in NBA history. He is known as Andrea Bustnani. He shot 27% from the field absolutely brutal, he is the biggest chucker in the NBA. Get rid of this goofy looking Euro plz
GoodTrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:12 PM   #30
bokes15
Playoffs!

It's ok guys, we're doing a good job of holding down the fort until we get Caron Butler and Corey Maggette.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: