Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-10-2009, 08:45 AM   #1
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default Caron Butler to the Raps?

According to ESPN last night, on the broadcast they said something about a certain trade which was Caron Butler for Anthony Parker and Kris Humphries. My cousin messaged me about it when it came on....Any thoughts?
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:50 AM   #2
EuroWise
GM Star

EuroWise has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Caron Butler to the Raps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
According to ESPN last night, on the broadcast they said something about a certain trade which was Caron Butler for Anthony Parker and Kris Humphries. My cousin messaged me about it when it came on....Any thoughts?

It will be great for us. However it is not going to happen.
The other day a fiendo of my cousin told me occording ESPN certain trade wich was Lebron for Kapono and moon...
EuroWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #3
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroWise
It will be great for us. However it is not going to happen.
The other day a fiendo of my cousin told me occording ESPN certain trade wich was Lebron for Kapono and moon...

Washington is spiraling out of control. And with Butler only makin9 mil this season and parker/humps makin around 7-8, it does work. This would only be a base of course...I did catch the end of it though on espn. Just thought I should share.

But thanks for the sarcasm..
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Those 20 ppg and 6 RPG out of the SF spot sure would look good on team, no doubt.... I'll believe it when I see it though. Haven't seen any links...
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #5
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

I think I would have an orgasm if this trade went down, as I've been wanting Caron as a Raptor for years. He is exactly what this team needs. His defense alone would make us better, not even considering the fact that he'd be our 2nd best offensive player.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #6
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low

Washington would never do this trade, it's too good to be true. Throw in Moon and 1st then maybe. But even then, I would still pull the trigger.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...7~28&te=&cash=
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:07 AM   #7
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

I suggested Caron Butler for SF a while back when Sam was head coach. Sam's favourite player was Caron Butler and he said he could do it all on the court for you. Rebounds, Get people involved, score, steal, and just a good team player. In that interview I remember him mentioning a while back that he's my type of player I would coach.. and from that moment on Ive been waiting n Caron to be on the team..

Although its unrealistic to trade both Parker and Hump for their best player as of now.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #8
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Butler is a nearing superstar status, for an aging and declining SG and a role playing PF?

Give me a break!
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #9
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
I think I would have an orgasm if this trade went down, as I've been wanting Caron as a Raptor for years. He is exactly what this team needs. His defense alone would make us better, not even considering the fact that he'd be our 2nd best offensive player.

Didnt quite have an orgasm....

But that would be the deal of the year for us....cant see it being the best trade available for the Wiz unless we through in a few picks as well, likely first rounders.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #10
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

Maybe also throw in our 1st rounder and hope Parker starts putting up a few 20 and 10's. Thn maybe we have half a chance of enticing the Wiz. Can't really see it.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #11
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Butler is a nearing superstar status, for an aging and declining SG and a role playing PF?

Give me a break!
i think it is more of creating cap space by acquiring expirers(not sure if hump's contract is expiring though, i know parker's is)
it will give them alot more wiggle room in this offseason's free agent market

caron would be great for us, he always comes to play
just look at his line last night
he had a TERRIBLE shooting game going 1-8, but he still contributed with 6boards, 6 assists 2 steals and 2 blocks
even though his offense wasn't there he still found a way to be a factor in the game

Last edited by Burgz : 01-10-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #12
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For Caron Butler, the entire team other than Bosh should be available.

Wizards want Bargnani + other stuff? Sure!
Wizards want Calderon + other stuff? Sure!

Pair Bosh with Butler and whoever is left and build around that. I don't think that's ever going to happen though.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #13
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk

Give me a break!

+1

don't see how Washington can benefit from this trade.. if they are only paying Caron 9M, that is a very good deal they have
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #14
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Wow this would be an awesome trade and the Raps I'm sure would be able to go over the cap for this move. I'd even do it if we had to throw in Moon and a 1st as someone stated. The only reason I can see the Wiz doing this is the team has yet another year of under achieving and too many big contracts. After just recently signing Gilbo and Jamison they realize they have the wrong mix and are looking to get cap room and pieces to build around the other two. I would love if this happened.

Last edited by bonez26 : 01-10-2009 at 05:40 PM.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #15
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz
i think it is more of creating cap space by acquiring expirers(not sure if hump's contract is expiring though, i know parker's is)
it will give them alot more wiggle room in this offseason's free agent market

caron would be great for us, he always comes to play
just look at his line last night
he had a TERRIBLE shooting game going 1-8, but he still contributed with 6boards, 6 assists 2 steals and 2 blocks
even though his offense wasn't there he still found a way to be a factor in the game

How will it give the Wizards cap wiggle room again? WITHOUT Butler they will be over the cap next year. Not including Hump's $3mil.

They have Jamison locked in to a big deal, a mega deal for Arenas. This team is delusional and doesn't think they are rebuilding so trading their best player for scraps that won't even do anything for them next year but make them worse.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: