Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-12-2009, 08:21 AM   #31
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation
Default Re: Caron Butler to the Raps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Those 1st round picks lose a ton of value once you add Butler to a team of Bosh, Calderon, O'Neal, Bargnani and whoever is left. The Raptors make the playoffs and Washington is getting a pick in the high teens or low 20's.

If the Raptors had to trade Bosh, would you accept that package in return but let's say instead of Moon, it's Calderon in there (since Bosh is better than Butler)? I doubt it. So why would another team rebuild by trading its best player for backups and low 1st round picks?

Thats an interesting idea, Trade Bosh for Butler and a first rounder. If Bargs moves into Boshs PF position and continues to perform like he has lately. Starting lineup of JO, Bargs, Jose, AP, and Butler.

Would you do that trade?
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:41 AM   #32
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
Thats an interesting idea, Trade Bosh for Butler and a first rounder. If Bargs moves into Boshs PF position and continues to perform like he has lately. Starting lineup of JO, Bargs, Jose, AP, and Butler.

Would you do that trade?

Considering the 1st round pick could net Griffin.....be interesting. With JO's health issues, and Butler's too, I don't know if that would be a good move though. Maybe if we also got a young big like McGee or Blatche.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #33
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Considering the 1st round pick could net Griffin.....be interesting. With JO's health issues, and Butler's too, I don't know if that would be a good move though. Maybe if we also got a young big like McGee or Blatche.
Definitely not a good move. Banking on O'neal to be our starting C for 82 games a year would not be smart at all.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #34
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
According to ESPN last night, on the broadcast they said something about a certain trade which was Caron Butler for Anthony Parker and Kris Humphries. My cousin messaged me about it when it came on....Any thoughts?

Link to back it up?

Unless there is a link to a story then it is not even close to being true. Even then it still could be made up by some idiot.

Who on ESPN reported this?
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #35
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

Quote:

Butler has missed time for injuries, but are they cronic like JO's?

Also any picks from the Wiz are likely to be good ones based on their record.

I see a post stating a rumor of : Butler for AP and Hump. That can't be true, if it is then it ranks right up there with the Gasol fleecing from last year.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:26 PM   #36
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

would parker, humphries, rights to delfino and a 1st round pick be fair???
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:37 PM   #37
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by huppcap
Link to back it up?

Unless there is a link to a story then it is not even close to being true. Even then it still could be made up by some idiot.

Who on ESPN reported this?

He already stated there was no link. It was heard on the ESPN halftime/pregame show.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:37 PM   #38
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
would parker, humphries, rights to delfino and a 1st round pick be fair???

No.

The Wizards aren't giving up a boarderline SUPERstar in the NBA for 3 role players and a 12th-ish overall pick.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #39
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

Quote:
No.

The Wizards aren't giving up a boarderline SUPERstar in the NBA for 3 role players and a 12th-ish overall pick.

Your right, that would be stupid.....

like trading Kwame Brown and the rights to Marc Gasol for Pau Gasol......something crazy like that.................wait a min.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #40
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
Your right, that would be stupid.....

like trading Kwame Brown and the rights to Marc Gasol for Pau Gasol......something crazy like that.................wait a min.

Not to say those type of trades have not gone down, but in reality there have been very few in NBA history on that level. And if we are actually discussing those type of deals, it shows how bleak things are for our trade prospects. Because of that Gasol deal, it now gives fans like us the opportunity to talk about stupid trades. "Maybe we can get Kobe for JO...hey you never know, remember the Gasol deal!"

That Gasol deal basically cleared space for a team going nowhere...the difference is that the Wizards have a ton of other massive deals on their roster so they are forced to basically try and compete.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:16 PM   #41
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Not to say those type of trades have not gone down, but in reality there have been very few in NBA history on that level. And if we are actually discussing those type of deals, it shows how bleak things are for our trade prospects. Because of that Gasol deal, it now gives fans like us the opportunity to talk about stupid trades. "Maybe we can get Kobe for JO...hey you never know, remember the Gasol deal!"

That Gasol deal basically cleared space for a team going nowhere...the difference is that the Wizards have a ton of other massive deals on their roster so they are forced to basically try and compete.

Might I reference the Carter deal again? There was far more deals that went down that were worse than the Gasol one. Anything can happen. The NBA is a ****ed up league sometimes with some bonehead GMs that just want to clear salaries and cap space when the team is not performing well (i.e. Washington).
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #42
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
He already stated there was no link. It was heard on the ESPN halftime/pregame show.
Then why are people still acting like there's a legit/good shot of this happening?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #43
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

You know as well as I do.

I'm just saying he already stated it was heard on TV.. you can't link that.. so why are people asking to see it?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #44
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
You know as well as I do.

I'm just saying he already stated it was heard on TV.. you can't link that.. so why are people asking to see it?

I assume if this story on ESPN TV was any close to being partially real I would have expected it to be followed up in a story somewhere on the net or in the paper.

Not criticizing anyone in this thread just by now I would think there would have been something written about it other than in a forum.

It's been a couple of days already.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #45
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

Quote:

I know your right, im just kidding around. Realistically that trade doesnt make sense.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: