Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 09-21-2006, 07:11 PM   #1
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default A player that Toronto should (have) gone after!!!

Luol Deng... I was just thinking if the Raptors ever looked at Luol Deng as someone who you can trade for Charlie V... I mean a package of Deng and Duhon sounds pretty solid for Charlie V... and even if we don't worry about the CV trade, I still think we should have tried to get him, as our future SF...
brwnman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:03 PM   #2
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

thats not a bad trade....i would have rather had Deng and Duhon over just Ford
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:59 PM   #3
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

Luol would have been a good pick up and Duhon. I think the Bulls want to keep Deng around for a while and we already tried once for Duhon.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:06 PM   #4
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

i said pre draft we should have traded charlie V and #1 for deng and #2, charlie would give the bulls a real big man scoring threat and deng is expendiable with the stellar play of nocioni, we'd then get a starting Sf and could have done something with the #2 pick (traded it to the blazers for telfair and their pick or something) then we could have got a good PG for the run and gun system
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:34 PM   #5
Nhui
I brick open layups

Nhui has an OK reputation so far

But where did you get this Deng and Duhon for Charlie V from... I doubt Chicago would do that since they pride themselves on being a hardworking defensive team and unfortunately Charlie doesn't really fit that bill
Nhui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:47 PM   #6
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Chicago has to agree to the trade, I have a hard time believing that they would trade Luol Deng and Chris Duhon for Charlie Villaneuva. Luol Deng is a great basketball player, and Chris Duhon is a great backup point guard, I doubt that Villaneuva would have been enough.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:10 PM   #7
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far
Default this thread is pointless

should have could have....just start the season already...i want to see what we have on the court!!!!!!!!!!!!11
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:37 PM   #8
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

I doubt that Chicago would be the team throwing a second player in. Deng > Cahrlie V
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:09 AM   #9
Too_Cool
Great young streetballer

Too_Cool has an OK reputation so far

Not bad, but a contender NEEDS a great PG , This trade was just a matter of Colangelo wanting a point gard to run the offense and thats exactly wat he got...I really would not want our starting point guards to be a commitee of Duhon and Calderon.

Last edited by Too_Cool : 09-22-2006 at 12:19 AM.
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:02 AM   #10
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

I dont think Bulls wouldved done that trade just because they are creating a defensive oriented team and we all know Charlie cant play D.

I BELIEVE
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:53 AM   #11
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Im not sure which CV you watched last year, but, theres no way we would've got Duhon & Deng in a trade for CV. CV was a good rook in a average rook year, He floats and doesnt play good D, basically disapears for whole quarters. Albeit he does have huge potential.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:50 AM   #12
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

There were actually rumours of that type of deal in the works. The main pieces being Deng and Cvill. I think Deng would have been amazing with our team and we stil could have had Bargs at #2 b/c Chicago wouldn't have taken Bargs with Cvill on the roster most likely. It would have left us a hole at PG...with or without Duhon. No way Duhon is a starting quality PG...solid and can be a spot starter. Since Milwaukee was the destination, it would have been nice to get something along with TJ for Cvill, but that didn't happen.

Or we could have just taken Granger over Joey G and we would be set at SF too.....but I have already brought that up in another thread.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 02:05 PM   #13
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

The original trade Scenario would never happen, Chicago would not do it.

Somewhat off topic, why is the word "have" in brackets?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 02:23 PM   #14
Raptorballfan
I airball my layups

Raptorballfan has an OK reputation so far

Woulda... Shoulda.... coulda... I'm not worried about what we could have done. It's too hard to speculate if any of the above was even a remote possibility. I think the sad thing about the offseason is that the fans have no concept of the amount of research and talks that go on that we never hear about. It's too late to speculate on what we could have received for a player who is no longer here. I'm all for talkin about potential trades, but I think second guessing about players who are already gone... that just leads to a whole lotta nothing.
Raptorballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:51 PM   #15
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
The original trade Scenario would never happen, Chicago would not do it.

Somewhat off topic, why is the word "have" in brackets?

Well I think we should still try to get him from the Bulls at this current time... but while making thread, I couldn't think of a way to write that...
brwnman is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: