Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,272
bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default I told you guys... this is more or less our team for the rest of the year...

...barring a miracle trade of course:

Quote:
... Toronto's Bryan Colangelo has been shopping Jermaine O'Neal and his contract ($21 million this year, $23 next) with no takers so far.

This was on the insidehoops front page and it's exactly what i expected. That BC is actively trying to get rid of JO, but nobody is gonna want him, especially not this season and for the amount of money he's making. Therefore we might see a marginal trade or two but nothing of major significance and we just have to hope that we somehow can make up for all of our deficiencies with exactly who we have now as so many of you seem to think we can.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
bonez26
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,188
bonez26 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I told you guys... this is more or less our team for the rest of the year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
...barring a miracle trade of course:



This was on the insidehoops front page and it's exactly what i expected. That BC is actively trying to get rid of JO, but nobody is gonna want him, especially not this season and for the amount of money he's making. Therefore we might see a marginal trade or two but nothing of major significance and we just have to hope that we somehow can make up for all of our deficiencies with exactly who we have now as so many of you seem to think we can.


That's all finr and good but JO is not the only thing we have to trade. I think there's gonna be a trade and it's gonna be more than marginal b/c we need someone to plug the hole at the wing. It's IMO gonna be some combo of Parker, Kapono our 1st this year or in a coming year, humps and Graham. Something is gonna give by the deadline as people get closer to the deadline. You Never know who's gonna end up here. I've heard Butler, Nocioni, Howard (as much as people think it's dead you never know with Cuban), GS the team (lol) and others. There for sure will be a trade by deadline the pieces now are just different as Bargnani is finally starting to realize some of that potential. Let's hope he can keep it up
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,272
bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I told you guys... this is more or less our team for the rest of the year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
That's all finr and good but JO is not the only thing we have to trade. I think there's gonna be a trade and it's gonna be more than marginal b/c we need someone to plug the hole at the wing. It's IMO gonna be some combo of Parker, Kapono our 1st this year or in a coming year, humps and Graham. Something is gonna give by the deadline as people get closer to the deadline. You Never know who's gonna end up here. I've heard Butler, Nocioni, Howard (as much as people think it's dead you never know with Cuban), GS the team (lol) and others. There for sure will be a trade by deadline the pieces now are just different as Bargnani is finally starting to realize some of that potential. Let's hope he can keep it up
Cuban may not be a fan of J-Ho but I highly doubt that he'd give him up for anything on our team outside of a core player. And we also have nothing to offer Washington. Nocioni is a legit possibility and certainly an upgrade but not necessarily a solution to our problem.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
ejeezy
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 78
ejeezy has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I told you guys... this is more or less our team for the rest of the year...

Its fine, Bargnani will be starting at the C now for a bit, let that spark a flame under JO. He'll be better, we just need to start resting him from game to game sometimes. We'll be fine.
ejeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #5
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,272
bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I told you guys... this is more or less our team for the rest of the year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejeezy
Its fine, Bargnani will be starting at the C now for a bit, let that spark a flame under JO. He'll be better, we just need to start resting him from game to game sometimes. We'll be fine.
What i'm getting at is that no matter how well Bargnani or Bosh or JO plays, we still have horrible wings and it's gonna come back to bite us come playoff time (if we make it).
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
bonez26
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,188
bonez26 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I told you guys... this is more or less our team for the rest of the year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Cuban may not be a fan of J-Ho but I highly doubt that he'd give him up for anything on our team outside of a core player. And we also have nothing to offer Washington. Nocioni is a legit possibility and certainly an upgrade but not necessarily a solution to our problem.

Well they were quoted this morning on ESPN saying that they need a wing scorer and or Low post presence. Some combo or Kapono Parker and our first or Jo Cash and a first I think could certainly pry him away from the Mavs. Also considering he is a rental and they can get something for him next year and his huge expiring salary.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #7
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,272
bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I told you guys... this is more or less our team for the rest of the year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
Well they were quoted this morning on ESPN saying that they need a wing scorer and or Low post presence. Some combo or Kapono Parker and our first or Jo Cash and a first I think could certainly pry him away from the Mavs. Also considering he is a rental and they can get something for him next year and his huge expiring salary.
I think that's just wishful thinking on your part.

edit: plus, JO is making 21 mill to CB's 9.5mill, so they'd have to add 12 mill more in salary just to make that happen.

and they have plenty of spot up shooters. There's a difference between wing "scorer's" and wing "shooter's."

Last edited by bokes15 : 01-11-2009 at 11:49 AM.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #8
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter
 
Toni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,496
Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: I told you guys... this is more or less our team for the rest of the year...

That's why we're one of those teams that usually gets bounced 4-1 in the first round. Our team does not have the makeup of a legit contender and we won't have a contender until we rid ourselves of some bad contracts (JO, Kapono). Those two players are not a huge part of our team and will command nearly 30M next season, which is half of our payroll. I see brighter days ahead if we trade JO or when his contract expires in 2010 (If Bosh doesn't leave). We are one of the many teams that have a HUGE amount of cap space that year. It will be exciting!
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #9
bonez26
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,188
bonez26 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I told you guys... this is more or less our team for the rest of the year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I think that's just wishful thinking on your part.

edit: plus, JO is making 21 mill to CB's 9.5mill, so they'd have to add 12 mill more in salary just to make that happen.

and they have plenty of spot up shooters. There's a difference between wing "scorer's" and wing "shooter's."


Here's a link. That' the Raps still pushing for Howard. What to trade they don't say but.
So they'd have to put in 12 mil they were gonna spend that 12 mil anyway this year on JO. It's not like were making a salaray cap move it's to get a good wing player in and it would come of the cap next year anyways for the Mavs. We definitely don't want a bad contract back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...dime-090110-11

Take what you will from it that I think it means the Raps are still after him IMO

Last edited by bonez26 : 01-11-2009 at 12:09 PM.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #10
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,272
bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I told you guys... this is more or less our team for the rest of the year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
Here's a link. That' the Raps still pushing for Howard. What to trade they don't say but.
So they'd have to put in 12 mil they were gonna spend that 12 mil anyway this year on JO. It's not like were making a salaray cap move it's to get a good wing player in and it would come of the cap next year anyways for the Mavs. We definitely don't want a bad contract back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...dime-090110-11

Take what you will from it that I think it means the Raps are still after him IMO
We're interested in a lot of players, that doesn't mean we have a legit shot at them. We already know that BC is giving ridiculous offers like Jason Kapono for JR Smith so i'm guessing most of the offers sans Bosh, Bargnani, Calderon are laughers.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:24 PM   #11
SESSEL15
High School Starter
 
SESSEL15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 843
SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I told you guys... this is more or less our team for the rest of the year...

O'neal's contract is putting a huge strangle-hold on this franchise. I know patience is needed with this team because once that contract is gone Toronto can make some moves. But if patience is for 2010, I don't want to wait that long.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #12
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships
 
jrcp3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: City of God
Posts: 1,192
jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I told you guys... this is more or less our team for the rest of the year...

Last time i checked we did just sign Jermaine O'Neil .......

Now Colangelo is trying to move him ........

Ridiculous
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:30 PM   #13
SESSEL15
High School Starter
 
SESSEL15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 843
SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I told you guys... this is more or less our team for the rest of the year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
Last time i checked we did just sign Jermaine O'Neil .......

Now Colangelo is trying to move him ........

Ridiculous

We traded for him, we didn't sign him.

If B.C. signed O'neal to a 20 mill contract himself I would move cities.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #14
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,272
bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I told you guys... this is more or less our team for the rest of the year...

People are just excusing this move as "he was just taking a chance" rather than just saying it was a bonehead idea. His vision was waaaayyyy off. All that talk about JO at the 5 and Bargs at the 3 went out the window real fast. And the thing is, JO has been good for us when he played so when (not if, most likely when) we aren't able to move him he's gonna feel betrayed by the man who promised him a significant role on this team and I can see that causing more problems for our team.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #15
SESSEL15
High School Starter
 
SESSEL15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 843
SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I told you guys... this is more or less our team for the rest of the year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
People are just excusing this move as "he was just taking a chance" rather than just saying it was a bonehead idea. His vision was waaaayyyy off. All that talk about JO at the 5 and Bargs at the 3 went out the window real fast. And the thing is, JO has been good for us when he played so when (not if, most likely when) we aren't able to move him he's gonna feel betrayed by the man who promised him a significant role on this team and I can see that causing more problems for our team.


I agree with you completely. B.C.'s vision was extremely off. I'm just glad that he has realized his mistake and is trying to correct it. I never want to see Bargnani at the 3 spot ever again.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy