Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 01-12-2009, 10:33 PM   #661
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Micku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lakers vs Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
You don't find it peculiar that Wade was missing "wide open shots" with Bryant on him, started hitting almost all of them when Bryant sat down, and then started missing them again when Bryant came back into the game and resumed guarding him? Didn't find that a little strange. You have to admit... Bryant is bad luck.

Not exactly. I remember him beating Kobe by driving to the hole, he just miss those shots. I also think that he shot 2 3 pointers too, and they were wide open. Kobe was in the game, trying to guard him. I wouldn't say Kobe is bad luck. It just happens. Kobe did do a good job not letting the ball go to Wade's hands. It just that Wade did have some looks that he didn't ended up making, and it was when Kobe was on him.

Edit:

I do remember Kobe sticking Wade hard enough that Wade had to get rid of the ball mid air, but usually Wade beats him with his speed. It's basically like:

Wade beats Kobe and heads to the drive *misses*

Wade gets the open look for a 3 pt *misses*

Wade couldn't get the ball in the third quarter because of Kobe playing some hardcore D. Even when he did get the ball, he missed a few shots. Later on, the Heat used Beasley instead of Wade to rank up points. Beasley apparently had the hot hand and he didn't have a player like Kobe to try and deny him the ball.

Last edited by Micku : 01-12-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:02 PM   #662
jrong
Revolution untelevised

jrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24

We've already established that Kobe played great D on Wade. You know Kobe did his job when Phil Jackson praises his defense. Also, did I miss the part when Wade played "man on man" lockdown D on Kobe? They were doubling Kobe up top throughout the game to get the ball out of his hands. Anyone saying otherwise needs to stop talking out of their ass...clearly they didn't watch the game and if I were them, I'd just stop talking and save myself the embarrassment of sounding like the biggest moron alive.

I'm still not seeing where the bragging rights come in here. So, let's say that Kobe's defensive presence shut down Wade's offense.

But, then what shut down Kobe's offense? Was it Wade's defensive presence? Or was it his offensive presence?

But, let's say you refuse to credit Wade's defense or his offense, and you maintain that all fifteen guys on the Heat's roster, their entire coaching staff, and all their athletic trainers were responsible for shutting down Kobe. Or perhaps you just think that Kobe is so good that he was able to shut down himself.

Whatever the case, the fact remains that Wade STILL outperformed Kobe on offense. And if Kobe "shut Wade down" offensively, and yet Wade still outplayed him on offense, what does that say about bad Kobe's offensive game was last night?

The bottom line is this: the bragging rights come from the fact that the Lakers won the game. So brag about Bynum and Gasol all you want.

But there ain't nothing to brag about Kobe reducing Wade's offensive effectiveness and, in the process being even LESS effective offensively himself....

Last edited by jrong : 01-12-2009 at 11:05 PM.
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:04 PM   #663
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

you guys are still arguing kobe vs. wade?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #664
Scott Pippen
Decent college freshman

Scott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this board

both guys played well on offense and did good job guarding the other when matched up. I cannot ask for anything more between 2 elite players.
Scott Pippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #665
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wade was the better of the two on the night. Kobe couldn't get anything going, while Wade could. Kobe was shut down.

Though neither were the best on their respective teams.

Beasley and Bynum stood out for me as the best players on the court.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #666
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Micku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Heh, Kobe says that Wade learned a couple of things from him. hehe. But eww..that cut. Seems like he came out of a boxing match.

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-tnd...eature=related

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTKma...eature=channel
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:25 PM   #667
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrong
I'm still not seeing where the bragging rights come in here. So, let's say that Kobe's defensive presence shut down Wade's offense.

But, then what shut down Kobe's offense? Was it Wade's defensive presence? Or was it his offensive presence?

But, let's say you refuse to credit Wade's defense or his offense, and you maintain that all fifteen guys on the Heat's roster, their entire coaching staff, and all their athletic trainers were responsible for shutting down Kobe. Or perhaps you just think that Kobe is so good that he was able to shut down himself.

Whatever the case, the fact remains that Wade STILL outperformed Kobe on offense. And if Kobe "shut Wade down" offensively, and yet Wade still outplayed him on offense, what does that say about bad Kobe's offensive game was last night?

The bottom line is this: the bragging rights come from the fact that the Lakers won the game. So brag about Bynum and Gasol all you want.

But there ain't nothing to brag about Kobe reducing Wade's offensive effectiveness and, in the process being even LESS effective offensively himself....
I don't understand why Wade fans think its a knock on him when we say Kobe played great D on him. I already said that Wade performed better than Kobe on the offensive end (thanks in part to Ariza but I won't go there again). However, you guys refuse to give credit where it is due. Kobe shut Wade down in the 4th quarter, doesn't take away from the fact that Wade is still a great player so relax...
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:28 PM   #668
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
you guys are still arguing kobe vs. wade?

LOL yeah I'll stop now.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:04 AM   #669
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

wow...

It was a good game. Both stars played hard. It was a good game. Both stars played hard. It was a good game. Both stars played hard. It was a good game. Both stars played hard. It was a good game. Both stars played hard. It was a good game. Both stars played hard. It was a good game. Both stars played hard. It was a good game. Both stars played hard. It was a good game. Both stars played hard. It was a good game. Both stars played hard.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:09 AM   #670
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo
wow...

It was a good game. Both stars played hard. It was a good game. Both stars played hard. It was a good game. Both stars played hard. It was a good game. Both stars played hard. It was a good game. Both stars played hard. It was a good game. Both stars played hard. It was a good game. Both stars played hard. It was a good game. Both stars played hard. It was a good game. Both stars played hard. It was a good game. Both stars played hard.
kobe played harder....lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:13 AM   #671
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

juju151111 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
I agree... D. Wade just happened to missed shots when Bryant was on him and just happened to make the same kinds of shots at a much much higher percentage during times when Bryant wasn't guarding him. Bryant was just back luck...

[/sarcasm]
max i ain't trying to be bias, but its true. Go back in this thread and look where i posted the samething u said.In the 4th Wade used alot of picks and kobe was no where near him.Show me one shot Kobe contested in the 4th.I will leave ish for a week.
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:58 AM   #672
óross√er
I trust me!

óross√er is a pretty well-respected posteróross√er is a pretty well-respected posteróross√er is a pretty well-respected posteróross√er is a pretty well-respected poster

Gotta love that idiot Loki ignoring my question, he knows damn well I put him in his place.
óross√er is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: