Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
Jumpshot Virus
Banned

Jumpshot Virus has an OK reputation so far
Default Street Figher HD Remix

How many of you guys here play this? Any of you? If you're even remotely a fan of SF, you're totally missing out if you aren't playing.

Even if you're new to the game, and you're still savvy or enjoy fighters, you're seriously missing out.

Pay a simple $15, play the game. If you really end up getting into the best fighting game remade perfectly, invest about $50 and buy an arcade stick. You can simply use it on your coffe table, perfectly.

HD Remix > Galo > Queers of War > COD4
Jumpshot Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:39 PM   #2
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Street Figher HD Remix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpshot Virus
invest about $50 and buy an arcade stick. You can simply use it on your coffe table, perfectly.

I'm affraid that a quality arcade stick will cost way more than $50

BUT its worth it to pay for a proper stick!

I just pre-ordered this:

Yeah its $150 but its being built with all sanwa parts and they also have quick disconnects should you want to switch.

There is also the HRAP EX but those are difficult to get and the cost to ship form Asia is a bit ridiculous… which makes the SFIV stick the best choice for us folks here in the USA.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #3
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
How many of you guys here play this? Any of you? If you're even remotely a fan of SF, you're totally missing out if you aren't playing.

HD Remix > Galo > Queers of War > COD4

iam gonna wait for street fighter 4

did you mean halo?dont be jealous that you arent a pimple faced guy who is unemployed who eats hot pockets and and is playing halo 3 for hours come join its a good life
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #4
Jumpshot Virus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R

I just pre-ordered this:

Yeah its $150 but its being built with all sanwa parts and they also have quick disconnects should you want to switch.

There is also the HRAP EX but those are difficult to get and the cost to ship form Asia is a bit ridiculous… which makes the SFIV stick the best choice for us folks here in the USA.

I'll be honest with you... I paid $250 for a GOPADDLAR.COM stick... custom everything, including the layout... had swanna buttons, cool battop etc... the whole nine yards...

A good friend of mine played with a simple cheap run-of-the-mill buy in a store stick. The DOA4 stick to be exact that came out for the 360 a few years back... I tried it... payed like a dream.... > than my custom one.

I sold my custom one on e-bay for $150 and been playing with my own DOA4 stick for a good while now.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:08 PM   #5
Jumpshot Virus
Banned

Quote:

I just pre-ordered this:

If you want to play sometime, my tag is Legend of Josh on XBL. Send me an invite for HD Remix...

I'm getting SFIV too... but I can tell you it will not be better than HD Remix. All the "real" players will be on HD Remix. If you're a true SF fan, you'd understand.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:35 PM   #6
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

where is Mathius trashing you for wasting your cash on a controller?

looks pretty damn sweet though. my brother had a badass arcade stick for his XBox. I tend to play fighting games better with a SNES style control stick though.

Can't say I blame you for getting it. I still want a damn trackball Jaguar controller for Tempest 2000 and would buy if I could find.

(plus the 360 d-pad kind of sucks)
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:55 AM   #7
Jumpshot Virus
Banned

I'm about to sign on to XBL ... anyone want to play a game or two HD Remix?

Old 01-13-2009, 09:19 AM   #8
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
where is Mathius trashing you for wasting your cash on a controller?

looks pretty damn sweet though. my brother had a badass arcade stick for his XBox. I tend to play fighting games better with a SNES style control stick though.

Can't say I blame you for getting it. I still want a damn trackball Jaguar controller for Tempest 2000 and would buy if I could find.

(plus the 360 d-pad kind of sucks)

Xbox 360 dpad is THE WORST EVER! sorry for all caps, but I cannot stand the dpad on the 360 shittroller. Its the main reason I want/need a good arcade stick…

My favorite controller is the Saturn controller… greatest controller ever.

I would love to get a trackball controller for the Jag too… Tempest 2000 probably still the best game on the Jag(that I have played)

Quote:
I'll be honest with you... I paid $250 for a GOPADDLAR.COM stick... custom everything, including the layout... had swanna buttons, cool battop etc... the whole nine yards...

A good friend of mine played with a simple cheap run-of-the-mill buy in a store stick. The DOA4 stick to be exact that came out for the 360 a few years back... I tried it... payed like a dream.... > than my custom one.

I sold my custom one on e-bay for $150 and been playing with my own DOA4 stick for a good while now.

Thats my current stick - The Hori DOA4 one… got it with the game way back in 2005 and the thing is pretty solid. I guess my only issue is the stick is kind meh for my tastes but ANYTHING is better that the 360 shit dpad

Quote:
If you want to play sometime, my tag is Legend of Josh on XBL. Send me an invite for HD Remix...

I'm getting SFIV too... but I can tell you it will not be better than HD Remix. All the "real" players will be on HD Remix. If you're a true SF fan, you'd understand.

I haven't got it yet *embarrassed*
I'll admit I'm not that great at fighting games, just play them casually but I already have 2 friends bugging me to get it… so when I get a points card that will be one of my next games to dl, along with Trigger Heart Exelica.
I'm looking forward to SFIV but I don't have high expectations, I'm still stuck in the past…
Old 01-13-2009, 09:33 AM   #9
Jumpshot Virus
Banned

Quote:
Xbox 360 dpad is THE WORST EVER! sorry for all caps, but I cannot stand the dpad on the 360 shittroller. Its the main reason I want/need a good arcade stick…

My favorite controller is the Saturn controller… greatest controller ever.

I would love to get a trackball controller for the Jag too… Tempest 2000 probably still the best game on the Jag(that I have played)

Thats my current stick - The Hori DOA4 one… got it with the game way back in 2005 and the thing is pretty solid. I guess my only issue is the stick is kind meh for my tastes but ANYTHING is better that the 360 shit dpad

I haven't got it yet *embarrassed*
I'll admit I'm not that great at fighting games, just play them casually but I already have 2 friends bugging me to get it… so when I get a points card that will be one of my next games to dl, along with Trigger Heart Exelica.
I'm looking forward to SFIV but I don't have high expectations, I'm still stuck in the past…

Dude... I'm telling you to hell with SF IV... the real players will be on HD Remix. A timeless classic. Modern day fighting games = bullsh*t
Old 01-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #10
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Pfft, that's a wimpy controller

You need to get one of THESE!

sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:39 PM   #11
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

I'm really going back and forth on this since I don't seem to enjoy fighting games nearly as much when removed from the arcade environment. Reserving my spot in line with a quarter placed on the "ledge" underneath the screen, and staying on the machine until defeated added to the charm.

I agree the d-pad on the 360 controller is REALLY bad, but thankfully there aren't many essential functions assigned to it in most cases. The 360 and wavebird remain my 2 favorite controllers of all time.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:34 AM   #12
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsic
The 360 and wavebird remain my 2 favorite controllers of all time.

any idea where you can find Wavebird receivers? I have lost two of mine. The prices on EBay for them have been awful.

I went and bought a 3rd party wireless GCN controller from a company called Dream Gear. Aside from the crummy d-pad and the shoulder buttons being less sensitive, its actually pretty solid. The C stick is tighter than the Wavebird and its an improvement in some ways. Its ugly as all hell though. It friggin glows blue when you turn it on. But at $20 (Hastings) when most Wavebird receivers are going for $25-$30 that I've seen, I am happy with it.

IGlow @ Dream Gear
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #13
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
Pfft, that's a wimpy controller

You need to get one of THESE!

GTFO!

I gots me a real controller… a mu'fuggin ROBOT!

Quote:
I'm really going back and forth on this since I don't seem to enjoy fighting games nearly as much when removed from the arcade environment. Reserving my spot in line with a quarter placed on the "ledge" underneath the screen, and staying on the machine until defeated added to the charm.

I agree the d-pad on the 360 controller is REALLY bad, but thankfully there aren't many essential functions assigned to it in most cases. The 360 and wavebird remain my 2 favorite controllers of all time.

Yeah, I remember tinking on Neo Geo cabs for rounds of Samurai Shodown II and Fatal Fury 2 back at Southland Mall in the 90s - those were probably the fighters I enjoyed and played the best…
On the whole, I enjoyed fight games, and they really do have a special luster in an arcade environment, but it just isn't possible in the USA. Japan still has a very strong arcade scene which is why fighters (as well as shooters) do so well over there…
but anyways, my best friend whom I used to play fighters with at home, moved to Florida and I'm just not at a high level like my other friend, who is very skilled at them and the only game I've beat him at as of late is VF5 (since he doesn't have it ) He destroys me in 3rd Strike every time Fighters are only as good as the people you compete with… if the people around are not as good or far better, it looses its charm I guess. No one like to beat on someone repeatedly and no one likes getting their ass kicked non-stop…

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
Quote:
The 360 and wavebird remain my 2 favorite controllers of all time.

any idea where you can find Wavebird receivers? I have lost two of mine. The prices on EBay for them have been awful.

I went and bought a 3rd party wireless GCN controller from a company called Dream Gear. Aside from the crummy d-pad and the shoulder buttons being less sensitive, its actually pretty solid. The C stick is tighter than the Wavebird and its an improvement in some ways. Its ugly as all hell though. It friggin glows blue when you turn it on. But at $20 (Hastings) when most Wavebird receivers are going for $25-$30 that I've seen, I am happy with it.

IGlow @ Dream Gear

I love the Wavebird… but I had noticed that they are in demand and that the prices have gone up I was trying to get two more last spring when SSBB came out so I could have 4 Wavebirds but I said F it and just stuck with my two wired controllers for my guest when we would have four player matches… I cannot believe that people are selling them for $40+ for used ones! I bought my two long time ago for $24 new!
Probably won't be able to find the receivers by them selves… have you tried to call Nintendo? They might have some but I am not sure of their costs… I know they used to sell stuff like battery covers for Game Boys, RF converters for NES, and other wierd odds and ends… their number is 1-800-255-3700
Old 01-14-2009, 10:25 AM   #14
Jumpshot Virus
Banned

Quote:

I know exactly where you're coming from. I pretty much stopped playing fighting games when the introduction of the Dreamcast / PS2 / XBOX / GameCube console platform started.

There was nothing better than the days of going to your local arcade corner and spending your entire afternoon inserting a few quarters and taking everyone else's money to no end.

The environment set up on XBL for HD Remix is just like that. There's a "Quarters" mode, where up to 6 people can join any room and the winner obviously remains on top. If you're even somewhat skilled at Super Turbo, you'd get way more than yours money's worth is you invested in in paying $15 for the download itself, and another $50 on an arcade stick.

I'm telling you, the game is unlike any other fighting game you've played. The reconstructed music and more balanced gameplay makes this game the best fighting game ever, and more than just SF fanatics will tell you that. It's the craze right now. The music is redesigned to keep your heart racing on every match. There's now a best of 5 matching option, keeping the mind games going for a long time.

I'm not into the Tekken / DOA / VF series. I've never been big into 3D fighters. Loved the original Soul Caliber, and have Soul Caliber IV, but I'm just too stuck in the 2D fighting world.

You should join. I'll guarantee you'll spend 85% of your time playing this HD Remix online VS any other online or offline game you have once you get your feet dug into it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: