Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #16
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

Default Re: Andrea Bargnani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
It was coaching but it wasn't only avoiding CB. THEY CONTINUE TO IGNORE THE SHEER AWESOMENESS AND CLUTCH PLAY OF ROCKIN ROKO. START THAT CROATIAN MOFO!!

** Trade Solomon for another one of those kids that mop the condensation off the floor. **

I love it when Solomon plays his best game as a raptor and people still hate on him.
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:02 AM   #17
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC-RAPTORS
I love it when Solomon plays his best game as a raptor and people still hate on him.

Just don't like him dude. He chirps the refs constantly and does not seem like a classy player. Roko is our future. I would MUCH rather him start and play more minutes, ESPECIALLY in crunch time. He also makes better decisions late in games and clutch plays as well. Solomon is OK.. I guess.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:12 AM   #18
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Just don't like him dude. He chirps the refs constantly and does not seem like a classy player. Roko is our future. I would MUCH rather him start and play more minutes, ESPECIALLY in crunch time. He also makes better decisions late in games and clutch plays as well. Solomon is OK.. I guess.
Solomon had an average game but that clutch shot made people think he played like Chris Paul or something. He had a decent game, but nothing to call home about.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:15 AM   #19
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

Im believing the consistancy finally. Now the question is, O'neal.
Trade or keep? How are we going to work this?

-Do we start Bargnani?
-Do we start O'neal?
-If Bargnani is bench his consistency and flow/confidence is going to regress as O'neal comes.

I'm iffy, dont trust Barg yet 100% to trade O'neal for a quality SF.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:18 AM   #20
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Solomon had an average game but that clutch shot made people think he played like Chris Paul or something. He had a decent game, but nothing to call home about.

But it was still his best game as a raptor which is not saying much.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:20 AM   #21
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
Im believing the consistancy finally. Now the question is, O'neal.
Trade or keep? How are we going to work this?

-Do we start Bargnani?
-Do we start O'neal?
-If Bargnani is bench his consistency and flow/confidence is going to regress as O'neal comes.

I'm iffy, dont trust Barg yet 100% to trade O'neal for a quality SF.

Seriously, is O'Neal still alive? Has anyone heard from him? Has he been quoted anywhere since he got hurt? (He HAS to come off the bench though, doesn't he?)
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:21 AM   #22
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

It was a good game, but i have to say Boston got sooooooooooo many calls it was ridiculous!

Toronto got barely any calls under the basketball ..... Paul Perice is like a walking free throw anytime he gets touched they call a foul it's really sad.

Chris Bosh simply didn't get the ball at the end of the game, or when he did he took that stupid jump shot that wasn't really falling because of KG was in his face .....

We just need a SF who can take some pressure off of Bosh and can also create double teams on the premeiter which will open up everything for the team .....
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:24 AM   #23
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
It was a good game, but i have to say Boston got sooooooooooo many calls it was ridiculous!

Toronto got barely any calls under the basketball ..... Paul Perice is like a walking free throw anytime he gets touched they call a foul it's really sad.

Chris Bosh simply didn't get the ball at the end of the game, or when he did he took that stupid jump shot that wasn't really falling because of KG was in his face .....

We just need a SF who can take some pressure off of Bosh and can also create double teams on the premeiter which will open up everything for the team .....

I thought the game was pretty well called. We actually got away with a couple of Bargnani's pushoffs and those Kapono's travel.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:28 AM   #24
GoodTrade
I airball my layups

Tonight really showed me how weak our wing position is. We have so much talent and depth up front but nothing beyone Roko is halfway decent upfront. We aren't gonna win these tight games without some ugrades and additions at the 2&3. Ever since we lost our 2 in VC we haven't seen that spot filled right.
GoodTrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:35 AM   #25
brwnman

Quote:
If your calling Good Trade a typical raptors fan you've just insulted an entire forum in one shot. Nice one.

bokes, this is from the other thread, but to answer back. I never called him a raptors fan, just a fan...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:47 AM   #26
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Who gives a crap how he acts? He's producing.

I do agree that the Raptors need to make a decision between these two though. If they still want to win games and get to the playoffs (I don't see why) then you go with the better current player and that's Solomon. IMO this season is lost so they can afford to bite the bullet and give Ukic more time and see what they have with him.

What is it with people hating point guards who want to score? It's not a bad thing if you can do it efficiently. I understand bashing him after a 2-12 game but not today. Same way people hated on Mike James even though he was clearly the 2nd best player for the Raptors that year and played VERY well. Yes it was a contract year but who cares what he did once he left? For that one year in Toronto, he produced.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 01-13-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:07 AM   #27
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Seriously, is O'Neal still alive? Has anyone heard from him? Has he been quoted anywhere since he got hurt? (He HAS to come off the bench though, doesn't he?)

He has a bruise on his knee. Before that he was out with a cold. At this point I don't care what he produces on the court: he's never on it. If we can trade him for a decent SF that actually stays on the floor I will be thrilled. JO is a injury waiting to happen...and that is huge contract to eat while he is in constant rehab.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:12 AM   #28
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Who gives a crap how he acts? He's producing.

What is it with people hating point guards who want to score? It's not a bad thing if you can do it efficiently. I understand bashing him after a 2-12 game but not today. Same way people hated on Mike James even though he was clearly the 2nd best player for the Raptors that year and played VERY well. Yes it was a contract year but who cares what he did once he left? For that one year in Toronto, he produced.

I find scoring points tend to be selfish, and more about there own stats, than making the team run smoothly. They also seem more prone to bad attitudes in general: frustrated short guys that always wanted to be SG's. I can't the stand the Gilbert Arenas, Marbury, Steve Francis types.

Mind Jose takes the pass first thing a little too far. I think Deron has my ideal balance of shooting and facilitating.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:16 AM   #29
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
I can't the stand the Gilbert Arenas, Marbury, Steve Francis types.
Me neither.

But scoring PGs like Devin Harris or Tony Parker who don't look to pass that much but are efficient I don't mind. If you can score and do it well then you should do it. I don't care if you're a point guard or not.

That's essentially what Mike James was for his one year in Toronto and people blasted him for it. With the kind of %'s he was putting up, he basically had full right to take as many shots as he wanted.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:28 AM   #30
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Me neither.

But scoring PGs like Devin Harris or Tony Parker who don't look to pass that much but are efficient I don't mind. If you can score and do it well then you should do it. I don't care if you're a point guard or not.

That's essentially what Mike James was for his one year in Toronto and people blasted him for it. With the kind of %'s he was putting up, he basically had full right to take as many shots as he wanted.

Slasher like Parker and Harris are a different story. I have no issue with effective slashers raking up points (provided they still move the ball), as the penetration opens up opportunities on the wing.

It's the chuckers throwing up 3's early in the shot clock, or badly contested jumpers, that kill me (and ball movement/team chemistry/and chances to win).

When the guy handling the ball stops looking for his teammates it takes them out of the game on both ends, and even if that point is a supreme talent, that can slash as well (Iverson) you are not going to win big playing that style.

Will is fine as pace changer off the bench...but he does not have the point skills, shot discipline, or demeanor I look for in a starting point. I don't blame him: he is playing the way he has for years in Europe...but he does not have the kind of talent to make that style work consistently in the NBA.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: