Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-14-2009, 01:09 AM   #16
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

Default Re: Raps as the 8th seed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
START losing games? With this roster I can't see the Raptors doing any worse. The roster isn't great by any means, but it should definitely be a team seeded 6-8, and it looks like (although this mini-streak gives us hope) were going to finish on the outside looking in.

As much as it would hurt, we can't worry too much about if Bosh leaves or not right now. We have to take the necessary steps to ensure the future success of the franchise, assuming Bosh is going to be in a Raptor uniform. If he leaves, it's just another unfortunate setback that the staff is going to have to deal with.

Cause i heard someone said we should start losing games so we can get a high draft pick.
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:46 AM   #17
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

I like how you've managed to answer a question that hasn't even been asked..

Either way, I don't think anyone said we should start losing games, just that we'd be better off in the lottery than we would getting slaughtered in the playoffs.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:07 AM   #18
b4ball
Local High School Star

For all the crying going on and the Colangelo bashing, I think all we need to do is make the playoffs. Yes I think we have a chance against all the top teams in the east for an upset in a 7 game series.

A healthy JO that provides the inside toughness and rebounding with Bosh, Calderon, Bargnani as the six man. Kapono can get hot and score, Parker in the playoffs may be rejuvinated. Yes, all we have to do is make the playoffs. That's what JO was brought over for, and I don't care how many games he misses in the regular season so long as he has 7 - 10 before the season ends.

Call me an optomist, I think we can.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:03 AM   #19
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
As much as it would hurt, we can't worry too much about if Bosh leaves or not right now. We have to take the necessary steps to ensure the future success of the franchise, assuming Bosh is going to be in a Raptor uniform. If he leaves, it's just another unfortunate setback that the staff is going to have to deal with.

Those are actually my sentiments as well. In order for a team to be great they need to draft a once in a generation type player or make some huge trades for big names (see Spurs drafting Duncan, Heat getting Wade and Shaq, Boston getting KG and Allen). Bosh unfortunately has not shown himself to be the big name player that Duncan is or that of players such as Paul, Howard, Lebron, and Wade are or will become. His man to man defense is nothing special and his help defense is inconsistent. His scoring was good to start the year but as everyone expected he grew tired and the scoring has since taken a dip. Make no mistake. Bosh is probably the best player we've ever had (second perhaps to prime Carter) but at the end of the day this is the Toronto Raptors, not the Toronto Boshes.

Someone stated the above recently about the team being the Raptor's and not solely about Bosh so that's where it comes from if it's ringing bells.

If Bosh isn't patient enough to wait with us while we gather more pieces to make a serious run at a title then trade him for young talent, expirers and picks. The Raptors NEED more talent on their roster right now if we ever want to become serious contenders and if Bosh can't look to the future and long term success of this team then I wish him success wherever he goes next.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:06 AM   #20
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
For all the crying going on and the Colangelo bashing, I think all we need to do is make the playoffs. Yes I think we have a chance against all the top teams in the east for an upset in a 7 game series.

A healthy JO that provides the inside toughness and rebounding with Bosh, Calderon, Bargnani as the six man. Kapono can get hot and score, Parker in the playoffs may be rejuvinated. Yes, all we have to do is make the playoffs. That's what JO was brought over for, and I don't care how many games he misses in the regular season so long as he has 7 - 10 before the season ends.

Yes technically we COULD be competitive if we fire on all cylinders and our team defense clicks but we would not be favored in any single playoff match up right up to the finals.

People here don't WANT the Raptors to tank but we should all realize that this squad we have is not good enough as JO has pretty much been a dissapointment and we still don't have that wing player. Getting to the playoffs year after year only to lose each time ala the Timberwolves and KG isn't pushing this franchise in the right direction. Changes need to be made.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #21
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Yes I can totally see where both of you are coming from. But I really don't want to watch this team be a cellar dwellar again. I don't really want to wait another 2 years to be competitive again. Waiting those 2 years and being in the lottery also guarantees Bosh to leave as well IMO.

Thats a good point, were on a very slippery slope. If we become a lottery team, we'll likely lose Bosh for nothing in FA or squeak into the PO's and lose in the first round.

The next 2 months are so crucial for the Raps in terms of which direction the franchise goes in for years to come. Its all in BC's hands now, we need to see some of that golden boy that we've expected to see from him.

IMO we should move Bosh for an elite SF and 2 first rounders. I think we can get that for him. Then move the surging Bargs into his PF position.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #22
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

I don't know about loosing games on purpose or "tanking" but we should try hard and known our 'real' place, so we could improve on it
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:02 AM   #23
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball

Great post and right on the money. This team is now built for the playoffs and if they get hot can surprise everyone there. But Bargs does not have to come off the bench, he can still start at the 3. Also maybe we can turn Roko into our slasher when we need one, he sure looked good at it against the Celtics, arguably the leagues best defence.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #24
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Give me the playoffs in any sees over any draft spot every single time.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: