Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-14-2009, 05:49 PM   #16
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: JO back tonight? Larry Hughes inserted to starting lineup?

How many years left on Hughes/Nocioni's contracts?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #17
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
They just changed it recently. The story header was something along the lines "O'neal could return as soon as tonight"

They must have changed it because of what triano said on the radio.

I did no editing or chopping.

The blog post that the headline was attached to is still up.
http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Who knows: maybe they know Chicago is already on board with the trade. Why risk reinjury? Maybe it's better to let him stay on track so that he can pass his physical.

Last post on this.

Actual statement from the Smith blog (that you linked):

"Some day soon, as early as tonight if what he was telling people last weekend comes true, Jermaine O’Neal is going to be ready to play and the coach is going to have to deal with the elephant in the corner. "

You quoted:

""As early as tonight, Raptors big man Jermaine O’Neal is going to be ready to play and coach Jay Triano is going to have to deal with the elephant in the corner"."

You chopped out the part about O'Neal's availability for tonight coming from information gathered last weekend.

No biggie though... I hope JO's being traded soon... it sure would account for his lack of availability in the media, which I've found strange considering how available he was during his first injury.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #18
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
How many years left on Hughes/Nocioni's contracts?

Hughes:
08/09: $12,827,676
09/10: $13,655,268

Nocioni:
08/09: $8,000,000
09/10: $7,500,000
10/11: $6,850,000
11/12: $6,650,000
12/13: $7,500,000 (team option)

I wouldn't want either of these two guys on the Raptors. If Nocioni is what Colangelo has planned for SF for the next 3-4 years then the Raptors better start looking for an All-Star SG now because that's the only way they'll ever have a shot at being great.

The only Bulls players I'd be interested in having on the Raptors are Deng, Hinrich, Noah and maybe Sefolosha. I get that if you trade O'Neal you have to take Hughes back to match contracts but Nocioni being the main piece? Come on...
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:19 PM   #19
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Hughes:

Nocioni:

I wouldn't want either of these two guys on the Raptors. If Nocioni is what Colangelo has planned for SF for the next 3-4 years then the Raptors better start looking for an All-Star SG now because that's the only way they'll ever have a shot at being great.

The only Bulls players I'd be interested in having on the Raptors are Deng, Hinrich, Noah and maybe Sefolosha. I get that if you trade O'Neal you have to take Hughes back to match contracts but Nocioni being the main piece? Come on...

What about Ben Gordon?
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:19 PM   #20
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I agree, that's way too many years for Nocioni. And Hughes, no matter which way people will try to swing it, is useless. Neither of these players put us over the top, they would be very minimal solutions that might allow us to win a few more games, thus leading to a worse draft pick.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #21
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
What about Ben Gordon?

Sure if Jose Calderon is no longer the PG of the Raptors. No thanks to a Calderon/Gordon backcourt though.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:27 PM   #22
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Sure if Jose Calderon is no longer the PG of the Raptors. No thanks to a Calderon/Gordon backcourt though.

would you ever consider Hughes at PG?

Calderon
JO

for

Hughes
Nocioni
Gordon

(i know it sounds crazy)
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #23
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I'm a Kirk Hinrich fan and think he would be a good fit beside any small SG like Gordon or Iverson. I think he can still play at his previous 16 & 6 with good D in 36 minutes at PG and would love to have him on the Raptors. You just don't lose that ability so suddenly in your mid-20's.

I'd much rather have him over Nocioni in any of those originally rumoured deals. With Bosh and Bargnani, I don't know if the Raptors can afford to have someone as bad as Calderon on defense. The Raptors aren't going to be defensive monsters on the interior with that PF/C combo so they really need to shore up the perimeter D. If the Raptors could get Hinrich then I wouldn't mind them exploring trades for Calderon once his BYC status is up and it's easier to deal him.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #24
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Last post on this.

Actual statement from the Smith blog (that you linked):

"Some day soon, as early as tonight if what he was telling people last weekend comes true, Jermaine O’Neal is going to be ready to play and the coach is going to have to deal with the elephant in the corner. "

You quoted:

""As early as tonight, Raptors big man Jermaine O’Neal is going to be ready to play and coach Jay Triano is going to have to deal with the elephant in the corner"."

You chopped out the part about O'Neal's availability for tonight coming from information gathered last weekend.

No biggie though... I hope JO's being traded soon... it sure would account for his lack of availability in the media, which I've found strange considering how available he was during his first injury.

Your quote comes from inside the blog.
My quote (which, on my mother's life, was a cut and paste) was on the front page of thestar.com/sports.

Those articles have a headline (which I can't remember exactly) followed by a picture, followed by a sentence or two summarizing the article. My cut and paste was from this last part.
They have since replaced that one with the new one which shows JO and Jose on the bench.

Call me a liar if you want, but that is my story.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:04 PM   #25
bluerap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Hughes:

Nocioni:

I think Nocioni is pretty solid. Either way we need to upgrade at both the 2 and 3. Preferably one being an all-star and the other being more of a hard-nosed guy. We are not going to get an all-star for Jo, but this allows us to fill one of those wholes while maintaining the flexibility to sign an all-star 2 in 2010.

I would also be happy to do a hinrich and hughes deal so that we can flip Jose for an all-star type 2 or 3.

Unfortunately the contracts on both hinrich (4 years 35.5 million) and Nocioni are pretty brutal. And I wouldn't want both of those, unless they take Kapono back.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #26
bluerap
Local High School Star

I guess this whole post is wack as Deng is back from injury and in starting lineup.

Hughes on the bench.
And JO nowhere to be seen.

My bad.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:48 PM   #27
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
I think Nocioni is pretty solid. Either way we need to upgrade at both the 2 and 3. Preferably one being an all-star and the other being more of a hard-nosed guy. We are not going to get an all-star for Jo, but this allows us to fill one of those wholes while maintaining the flexibility to sign an all-star 2 in 2010.

I would also be happy to do a hinrich and hughes deal so that we can flip Jose for an all-star type 2 or 3.

Unfortunately the contracts on both hinrich (4 years 35.5 million) and Nocioni are pretty brutal. And I wouldn't want both of those, unless they take Kapono back.

Looking at all the terrible contracts out there Nocioni's contract for the money he is getting paid is value. You have guy's like Turkoglu and Maggette getting paid ten mil and he's only gonna make 6-7 mil and play tough D and rebound the ball. Then you take your 13 mil + in '10 and buy your All star shooting guard to put beside Bosh. If not then trde O'neal to MIA for Maroin same thing happens but we'll have to buy a SG or SF and draft the other and hope for the best.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: