Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-22-2006, 02:33 AM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Bickerstaff Looking to S&T Mevlin Ely

Well we talked about getting him before. trading chris posibly for this guy.

What do you guys think?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:06 AM   #2
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

Sign him why not?
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:15 AM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would not trade Mihm for Ely.... I dont know what the $$ numbers are for Ely, but how about Cook and McKee?
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:49 AM   #4
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I would not trade Mihm for Ely.... I dont know what the $$ numbers are for Ely, but how about Cook and McKee?
cats r pretty deep @ the 4, so I dunno bout cook, but mckee could give them some.....veteran presence
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:07 PM   #5
Lakerfan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Lakerfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
cats r pretty deep @ the 4, so I dunno bout cook, but mckee could give them some.....veteran presence

Just like he gave the Lakers last year.
Lakerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:34 PM   #6
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Lamar Odom, filler (possibly Andrew Bynum and/or cash considerations), and possible draft pick for Melvin Ely, Gerald Wallace, and cash considerations.

The Charlotte Bobcats then sign Bonzi Wells and their lineup would look like this:

Charlotte Bobcats starting lineup:

PG - Brevin Knight

SG - Bonzi Wells

SF - Lamar Odom

PF - Emaka Okafor

CT - Primoz Brezec

Andrew Bynum, possibly, Adam Morrison, Raymond Felton, Sean May, and Ryan Hollins??? That's a heck of a youth movement for the Charlotte Bobcats.

Los Angeles Lakers starting lineup:

PG - Smush Parker

SG - Kobe Bryant

SF - Gerald Wallace

PF - Melvin Ely

CT - Kwame Brown

The Charlotte Bobcats have plenty of cap room to make it happen.

Why the Charlotte Bobcats would do this??? They have cap space and it's time for Mr. Bernie Bickerstaff to make some noise in the National Basketball Association. They would have a decent mix of veterans and youngsters to make some noise in the Eastern Conference. Andrew Bynum vs. Shaquille O'Neal??? Lamar Odom vs. Lebron James??? Eastern Conference matchups and games would finally center around the Charlotte Bobcats and they might get National Television broadcasts they need.

Why the Los Angeles Lakers would do this??? Gerald Wallace is the type of player the Los Angeles Lakers are looking for. He knows his role and won't be confused in this lineup. Melvin Ely provides so much hustle and tenacity to a position that is really vacant with the Los Angeles Lakers. Help wanted. Power Forward position for Rent. If you want that vacancy filled, Melvin Ely will fill that position, pay the rent on time, and won't be a nuisance to other tenants. Waive the application fee to move in and have fun with your new resident, Melvin Ely, become a model resident.

Copyright 2006 by LakerRaider. All Rights Reserved.

Please give credit to the author when quoting anything pertaining to this article. Any reproduction or redistribution of this content will result in reprecussions.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:30 PM   #7
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
Lamar Odom, filler (possibly Andrew Bynum and/or cash considerations), and possible draft pick for Melvin Ely, Gerald Wallace, and cash considerations.

The Charlotte Bobcats then sign Bonzi Wells and their lineup would look like this:

Charlotte Bobcats starting lineup:

PG - Brevin Knight

SG - Bonzi Wells

SF - Lamar Odom

PF - Emaka Okafor

CT - Primoz Brezec

Andrew Bynum, possibly, Adam Morrison, Raymond Felton, Sean May, and Ryan Hollins??? That's a heck of a youth movement for the Charlotte Bobcats.

Los Angeles Lakers starting lineup:

PG - Smush Parker

SG - Kobe Bryant

SF - Gerald Wallace

PF - Melvin Ely

CT - Kwame Brown

The Charlotte Bobcats have plenty of cap room to make it happen.

Why the Charlotte Bobcats would do this??? They have cap space and it's time for Mr. Bernie Bickerstaff to make some noise in the National Basketball Association. They would have a decent mix of veterans and youngsters to make some noise in the Eastern Conference. Andrew Bynum vs. Shaquille O'Neal??? Lamar Odom vs. Lebron James??? Eastern Conference matchups and games would finally center around the Charlotte Bobcats and they might get National Television broadcasts they need.

Why the Los Angeles Lakers would do this??? Gerald Wallace is the type of player the Los Angeles Lakers are looking for. He knows his role and won't be confused in this lineup. Melvin Ely provides so much hustle and tenacity to a position that is really vacant with the Los Angeles Lakers. Help wanted. Power Forward position for Rent. If you want that vacancy filled, Melvin Ely will fill that position, pay the rent on time, and won't be a nuisance to other tenants. Waive the application fee to move in and have fun with your new resident, Melvin Ely, become a model resident.

Copyright 2006 by LakerRaider. All Rights Reserved.

Please give credit to the author when quoting anything pertaining to this article. Any reproduction or redistribution of this content will result in reprecussions.

what are you smoking boy?
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:51 PM   #8
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

The last article I read stated that the Bobcats simply want a draft pick in return.

The Lakers could use him. A low post scorer who can play the 4 or the 5 is valuable.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:55 PM   #9
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
The last article I read stated that the Bobcats simply want a draft pick in return.

The Lakers could use him. A low post scorer who can play the 4 or the 5 is valuable.

Give the Charlotte Bobcats a draft pick. The Los Angeles Lakers traded Jumaine Jones to the Charlotte Bobcats for two second rounders a few seasons ago, so the Los Angeles Lakers do indeed probably have a draft pick or two to spare.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:00 PM   #10
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My knee jerk reaction was to also ask what you are smoking. But I see you have given this some thought. I have to say that I am just too biased toward Lamar Odom to want to give him up. I may not be in the majority, but I just like his game too much.

Interesting idea here and definitely thought provoking! Props.

Last edited by SoCalMike : 09-22-2006 at 08:02 PM.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:05 PM   #11
T-Mac213
Banned

T-Mac213 has no real reputation yet.

when i was watching the lakers vs bobcats on tv last season kobe and fly almost got in a fight but kobe backed away, dont really know how they will get along
T-Mac213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:44 PM   #12
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

give up LO in that trade? no way, no how. Ely and Wallace ain't all that.
If we want Ely, we could probably get him inexpensively.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:52 PM   #13
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
give up LO in that trade? no way, no how. Ely and Wallace ain't all that.
If we want Ely, we could probably get him inexpensively.

The Los Angeles Lakers could really use Gerald Wallace's defense and rebounding.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:57 PM   #14
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
My knee jerk reaction was to also ask what you are smoking. But I see you have given this some thought. I have to say that I am just too biased toward Lamar Odom to want to give him up. I may not be in the majority, but I just like his game too much.

Interesting idea here and definitely thought provoking! Props.

I really would like Lamar Odom to succeed. He's a very good player, but he needs to bring it night in and night out. He's the second option, we all know that, but he needs to think he's better than being the second option. He needs to be aggressive.

Maybe Lamar Odom could succeed on another team??? If he can do better, then fine, if last season is the best he's got, then his services would be better off to a team who's patient re-building or to a championship caliber team.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:58 PM   #15
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

true, his game really took off last year. great D. great FG%. I wonder if he can sustain it, or a one-hit wonder.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: