Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 05-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #16
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Charlotte wants Stephen Curry?

Why?? Why would want an UNDERSIZED shooting guard. What are you gonna do on defense. Subsitute for him everythime you play D. How is he gonna be able to guard any NBA shooting guard. He ain't the tallest person on the court and he is a little thin. All the east guards are probably biting at the bit to match up against him. I see a spot player that can't get big minutes because of his defensive liability.. Geesh have you forgotten about Adam Morrison already
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:10 PM   #17
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBACha
He'll be a top 10 pick.....perhaps top 5. No way he slips beyond 10.

take that bet to vegas and see what odds you get
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #18
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Charlotte doesn't want him. An article came out about a week ago (think it was the one saying NY had promised they'd pick him) saying teams saw Curry as anywhere between pick 7 & 20.

Charlotte was reportedly the one who said "20".

We already have DJ. With the holes in some other spots I doubt we're ready to duplicate talent now.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #19
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Since Charlotte's determined to re-sign Felton, why not just trade Augustin?
Pack Augustin with one or two salary junks (e.g. Mohammed) for one or two solid veterans is not a bad move...
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:39 PM   #20
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Everyone is acting like we're going to re-sign Felton to a lifetime contract. Can we not sign Felton to a 1 or 2 year deal and keep things like they are? DJ is good but he struggled at points last year. Also heard of the sophomore slump?
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:06 AM   #21
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

I think theoretically we could sign Felton to a 1 or 2 year deal, but I feel pretty darn sure he's going to get full MLE offers from other teams...and I think those are a minimum of 3 years.

IMO the least we can end up giving Felton where we retain him will be (roughly) 5.8 million the 1st year and that plus 10% raises for 2 more. I expect we end up giving him something like 6.5 starting out with the increases, and I'd rather it be for 3 vs. 5 or 6 years. Those long deals really strap franchises, esp. when they get on the tail end of the contract. I'd do that with Felton over most of the others; he REALLY wants to stay here, and we can then reward him if he gets even better or not be committed long term if he doesn't.

I would NOT trade DJ unless it's a no brainer. We need his shooting in the 2nd unit and I want a legitimate backup PG. I definitely don't want to go back to having guys like McInnis getting significant minutes.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:50 AM   #22
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
I think theoretically we could sign Felton to a 1 or 2 year deal, but I feel pretty darn sure he's going to get full MLE offers from other teams...and I think those are a minimum of 3 years.

IMO the least we can end up giving Felton where we retain him will be (roughly) 5.8 million the 1st year and that plus 10% raises for 2 more. I expect we end up giving him something like 6.5 starting out with the increases, and I'd rather it be for 3 vs. 5 or 6 years. Those long deals really strap franchises, esp. when they get on the tail end of the contract. I'd do that with Felton over most of the others; he REALLY wants to stay here, and we can then reward him if he gets even better or not be committed long term if he doesn't.

I would NOT trade DJ unless it's a no brainer. We need his shooting in the 2nd unit and I want a legitimate backup PG. I definitely don't want to go back to having guys like McInnis getting significant minutes.

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:44 PM   #23
23ajay
LA champions again

23ajay has an OK reputation so far

I think that it will be a pretty good pick
23ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: