Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 01-16-2009, 01:58 AM   #1
23jordan23
Serious playground baller

Default Amare For Dwight?

Do you guys think its worth giving up Amare for Dwight ?Is there that much of a change whos the better pick up?
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:54 AM   #2
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Default Re: Amare For Dwight?

Dwight will kill your FT% (he shoots 58% compared to Amare who is in the mid 80's). Gets you a couple more blocks and 5 or 6 more rebounds though, while still scoring 20 odd points a game.

Is it a roto league or H2H? I've got Amare in my H2H league, if I was offered Dwight for him, i'd take it.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:17 PM   #3
d-_-b
Look Of Dissaproval

You should accept that trade for the added blocks and rebounds, overall the only thing you really lose is ft% because with Shaq hogging up the board Amare hasn't really been getting boards or as many shots as he did last year.
d-_-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
23jordan23
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Dwight will kill your FT% (he shoots 58% compared to Amare who is in the mid 80's). Gets you a couple more blocks and 5 or 6 more rebounds though, while still scoring 20 odd points a game.

Is it a roto league or H2H? I've got Amare in my H2H league, if I was offered Dwight for him, i'd take it.

Roto leauge...for real? U think I should do it huh ...U make a good point ..and I agree with the ft % lol
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:16 AM   #5
Flight #23
Learning to shoot layups

If its Roto stick with Amare for sure. Dwight kills you in FT% and you will nearly be certain of finishing last in that cat. If you need boards and blocks I would look at a package of Camby or Biedrins and another solid player.
Flight #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:27 AM   #6
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-_-b
because with Shaq hogging up the board Amare hasn't really been getting boards or as many shots as he did last year.
I know, that's been annoying me about Amare. I've got Shaq in my team too, so I guess i'm still getting it all in the end. It still bugs me in games Shaq sits out and Amare still puts up the same statlines.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #7
Hongkieevo
Saw a basketball once

i am in roto 9 team keeper, i had 3rd pick and drafted amare over dwade/kobe (1st two picks were CP3 and LBJ) and regretted it as soon as his 40pt outburst was followed up with stats like 15pts, 6rebs, 1 block

got offered d howard, took the offer and hoped that Kev martin, Maggette, Yao, D west, turk could help offset howard's poor FT%. I guess as long as you have the supporting players to offset the huge decrease in FT% then you should be fine. You will need volume FT attempt shooters so you'd probably want to find a way to get players who shoot 10+ attempts at 80%+ FTs as well. maybe try and swap for Granger? Maggette would be easier to get than kev martin or granger and give you lots of FT% as well.

Otherwise, stick with Amare
Hongkieevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:18 PM   #8
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

I'd rather have Amare.
Pouch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:30 PM   #9
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Amare in roto, Dwight in h2h. Stick with Amare in your case.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:49 AM   #10
chuckyboy34
High School Varsity 6th Man

not sure how good amare will be for the rest of the year. hes still not as mature yet. esp after his 3 point game against boston u can tell that him and shaq arent exactly clicking down low. not sure he'll make the allstar team in phx even, that will probably make him angry to prove himself or tank the rest of the season... either way you've got a do or die situation on hand. if you like to gamble stick with amare if not, take dwight, he'll be steady the rest of the way.
chuckyboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: