Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 01-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #31
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Default Re: Would You Do This Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
He's no stellar defensive anchor, but he's definitely not a "bad" defender like your making it out to be. I've watched a couple Clippers games earlier on, and against other really competent big men (Bynum, Howard, Duncan, Big Al), he usually gets beaten, but against most of the NBAs Cs (Biedrins, Bogut types), he's the one doing the dominating.

So do you want to dominate the regular season, or the playoffs?
Am not saying he is the worst defensive player in the league, just that he is not a good one. Defense, & Rebounding win Championships. & it also helps when you have a guy named Wade on you team.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:06 PM   #32
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Kaman on the other hand is a stellar rebounder... so part of that winning combo is there, and as I said, as a man-man defender he's just okay, as a weakside defender, he's slightly above average... but as an "achor" paired with extended playing time next to Beasley, maybe your right, it wouldn't be the best idea.

But still Beasley is getting better, and the overall collection of talent I think that trade would make us a contending team. But even the Clippers aren't that stupid. Trade your two best players for an expirer? C'mon.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:48 PM   #33
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Kaman on the other hand is a stellar rebounder... so part of that winning combo is there, and as I said, as a man-man defender he's just okay, as a weakside defender, he's slightly above average... but as an "achor" paired with extended playing time next to Beasley, maybe your right, it wouldn't be the best idea.

But still Beasley is getting better, and the overall collection of talent I think that trade would make us a contending team. But even the Clippers aren't that stupid. Trade your two best players for an expirer? C'mon.

If he expired in 2010 then he would be great, cause there wouldn't be any risk. But i would rather have as much cap space in 2010, to convince wade to stay, & hopefully convince 1, or 2 of his all star friends to join him here in Miami. & if he leaves, we have all that money to rebuild quickly. There is only one center that i think is worth a max contract & that's D Howard. & there are 7 centers i like better then Kamam.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:39 AM   #34
Dresta
BANNED!!!!

no .
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: