Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 01-20-2009, 01:47 AM   #16
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Gasol doesn't want Conley traded

What about rudy gay for gerald wallace? I would dig that move.

On the conley issue. i agree with marc. Most of the top tier point guards in the league took around three years to find their game and become good. The guys like chris paul, deron williams, derrik rose, allen iverson were all obviously great talents from the get go. The guys that come in and immediately make a difference are super stars for a reason.

We should be very grateful to of gotten mayo that kid is gonna be a stud. Conley will be good he just needs time to develop.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:37 AM   #17
derf
I airball my layups

derf has an OK reputation so far

the truth is mike conley is a liability when hes on the floor he has a terrible jumpshot and cant finish in the paint.no offense or defense why keep him he was a bad draft pick trade him and move on.
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:34 PM   #18
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
you guys realize rudy gay is 22 years old right.
Which is why he's a valuable trade assett. I say we give it another year or two before we pull the trigger on any deals. Let's see how Mayo & Gay mesh but yesterday, they definitely weren't on the same page and Rudy looked frustrated at how Mayo didn't pass him the ball in transition on two occassions.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #19
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf
the truth is mike conley is a liability when hes on the floor he has a terrible jumpshot and cant finish in the paint.no offense or defense why keep him he was a bad draft pick trade him and move on.

Um I think conley is statisticly the the third best three point shooter on the team. He is better then lowry at running the team effectively as well. He just need to find some confidence.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:31 PM   #20
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Um I think conley is statisticly the the third best three point shooter on the team. He is better then lowry at running the team effectively as well. He just need to find some confidence.
Alot of that has to do with the fact that he doesn't shoot the three all that often.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #21
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi
Alot of that has to do with the fact that he doesn't shoot the three all that often.

Yeah but when he does. It shows that he can be effective.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:49 PM   #22
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is popular on this boardbrandonislegend is popular on this boardbrandonislegend is popular on this boardbrandonislegend is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Yeah but when he does. It shows that he can be effective.

not really, when he shoots threes he looks like he's praying..

i find him similar to sebastian telfair
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:08 AM   #23
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
not really, when he shoots threes he looks like he's praying..

i find him similar to sebastian telfair

What are you talking about? Ypu cant deny that conley's three ball has gotten better since his rookie year.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #24
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Conley's jumper has definitly improved. When I see him making a cut and coming off of a screen to be open on the three point line, I know it's going in. He's only shooting 36% from beyond the arc, which doesn't really show it, but if he gets a good pass and has enough space, it's going in. Not a dead eye shooter and most likely won't be one, but if he can hit a few more within the game, then i think he will be more valuable. I'd like for him to develop a solid mid-range game coming off of screens set by the big men, but he's too small and if a poor pick is set he will be suspectable to getting blocked. That's where his great speed and quickness comes in, fake the big guy and go under him for the easy layup.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:43 AM   #25
CLB1973
Can barely lace up my sneakers

CLB1973 has an OK reputation so far

31 points, 9 assists, 4 rebounds, 1 BS, and 1 steal. No props at all from his fan base?
CLB1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:36 AM   #26
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLB1973
31 points, 9 assists, 4 rebounds, 1 BS, and 1 steal. No props at all from his fan base?
Don't worry, the game thread will soon have some discussion going on.

Also, it's funny you bump this thread after both Gasol and Conley have huge games.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: