Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 01-19-2009, 01:59 AM   #1
eprizzle14
Kids at the park dunk on me

eprizzle14 has an OK reputation so far
Default Jodie Meeks or Steph Curry

Meeks, more explosion
eprizzle14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:10 AM   #2
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Jodie Meeks or Steph Curry

I like Stephen Curry.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:51 AM   #3
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I go Curry, but Meeks is moving up. I'm still not solid Curry will be a PG in the NBA and I think he will get pushed around in the NBA. Meeks is a little more solid, but is still a great shooter. If Curry can't become an NBA level point, I think he is a situational gunner off the bench. Meeks will be a gunner off the bench as well, but I think teams will be a little more comfortable leaving him on the court for longer periods of time.

The guy I really like if I am looking for a shooter, though, is James Anderson. He needs to bulk up, but I see a little Michael Redd in him. I'm not saying he will be that good, but he just doesn't have to overcome the long odds that Curry and even Meeks do to become good NBA players.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I say Meeks.

Curry is gonna be another Ben Gordon, undersize and no defense.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I say Meeks.

Curry is gonna be another Ben Gordon, undersize and no defense.

And Meeks is...
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #6
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like Steph Curry more, I see him having a lot of potential as a teams primary scorer. In his prime 25ppg wouldnt be far off...
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:02 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Curry
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:41 PM   #8
eprizzle14
Kids at the park dunk on me

eprizzle14 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
I like Steph Curry more, I see him having a lot of potential as a teams primary scorer. In his prime 25ppg wouldnt be far off...
Whoa 25 ppg. Thats a bold statment. In order for that to happen he'll need at least 35 min per game and I dont think hes can play the 2 guard for that many minutes guarding guys 4-5 inches taller with 50+ pounds on the kid so im assuming you think hes can play full time pg but man thats an awful lot of possesions for youre pg to use.
eprizzle14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #9
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
And Meeks is...

Meeks is 6'4-6'5 SG

The average NBA SG is 6'4 to 6'8

Curry is a 6'2-6'3 undersize SG with a suspect handle on the ball, no court vision and little defense like Ben Gordon.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #10
steve

steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Curry is a 6'2-6'3 undersize SG with a suspect handle on the ball, no court vision and little defense like Ben Gordon.
Tell me, when was the last time you watched Curry play because that's a fairly inaccurate sentence.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #11
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Meeks is 6'4-6'5 SG

The average NBA SG is 6'4 to 6'8

My point is who is Meeks supposed to be like? I've heard comparisons to Jamal Crawford which is not exactly the best person to be projected to. Atleast Ben Gordon is arguably the best player on the Bulls right now.. So that comparison doesn't even hurt Stephen all that much.

To me Stephen has a great opportunity to be 1 of 3 types of players:

1. Chauncey Billups - He's gonna get a stronger and he seems to be working on his defense
2. A better Maurice Williams - More prolific scorer from the 1, can distribute the ball
3. Jason Terry - If he doesn't improve his point gaurd skills at all, he's already at a Jet level player.

If you think about it, any of these 3 players would be a great for him to become. I think he can be a great second fiddle in the league.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #12
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
My point is who is Meeks supposed to be like? I've heard comparisons to Jamal Crawford which is not exactly the best person to be projected to. Atleast Ben Gordon is arguably the best player on the Bulls right now.. So that comparison doesn't even hurt Stephen all that much.

To me Stephen has a great opportunity to be 1 of 3 types of players:

1. Chauncey Billups - He's gonna get a stronger and he seems to be working on his defense
2. A better Maurice Williams - More prolific scorer from the 1, can distribute the ball
3. Jason Terry - If he doesn't improve his point gaurd skills at all, he's already at a Jet level player.

If you think about it, any of these 3 players would be a great for him to become. I think he can be a great second fiddle in the league.

I get what you saying about Curry. The ddue can score and I was actually loooking up his stats and he has actually improved on his assist. I actually got a chance to see some of his games and he has a mix between Mo Williams and Jason Terry.

Jodie Meeks kind of remind me of Gilbert Arenas. When he is hot with the ball its going to get crazy.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:58 PM   #13
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I think the one thing you guys seem to be overlooking with Curry is if he is going to be able to get the basket. He is a great shooter and has a really quick release, but are teams going to respect his abilty to drive the ball? There is no doubt that Curry can shoot the ball, and the NBA loves shooters, but is he going to be a full-time starter if he can't get by the defender and gets pushed off his line to the hoop?
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:40 AM   #14
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

give me Jodie over Stephen, i like both though... Jodie has more to his game and is more built, stronger, more athletic... can get just as hot from outside but has the better drive game and in between stuff. Steph can set people up better, probably better overall pure shooter both are deadly though... give me meeks.

edit: on the defensive end I think both aren't took great of defenders by any means but Meeks i would say has the potential to be a better defender.. his body type reminds me of Kelenna Azubuike who is chiseled.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:55 AM   #15
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
I think the one thing you guys seem to be overlooking with Curry is if he is going to be able to get the basket. He is a great shooter and has a really quick release, but are teams going to respect his abilty to drive the ball? There is no doubt that Curry can shoot the ball, and the NBA loves shooters, but is he going to be a full-time starter if he can't get by the defender and gets pushed off his line to the hoop?

I think he'll be fine. With the way NBA is officiated today, it should be easier to get to the basket than in college. The way he plays is bound to get him to the foul line enough times for defenses to respect.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: