Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-23-2006, 08:16 PM   #16
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
Seinfeld is for stupid people. Only people who aren't funny find crap like that funny. Just some stupid show that slow people watch because they are comically challenged.

Is that sarcasm?...

If not, what would you consider a good comedy series for "smart people"? Let me guess, Friends?

It's funny you say this, because Larry David is one of the funniest and most inspirational comedians out there. He doesn't try to shmooze the audience with commercial crap, he just writes what he knows... which is absolutely hilarious.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:17 PM   #17
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

One moment nobody's mentioned yet that gets me every time is George's "jerk store" comeback. That one had me dying lol
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:10 AM   #18
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default .

jerry: "what is this?

kramer: "it's our new format. animals and sex scandals."

pure greatness.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:22 AM   #19
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My favourite line ever is from Kramer "Cable boy... What have you done to my little cable boy?"
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:21 AM   #20
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love Seinfeld, but I think Cheers is better.

And then I think shows like All In The Family are just as funny and bring a lot more to the table, especially in terms of social relevance.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:05 PM   #21
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

BUMP

Seinfeld is the best show ever. ..EVER!

My favourite episode would have to "the opposite" where george does everything opposite to how he normally would and his life improves out of sight.

The BEST is when he decides to speak to some babe at the counter of the restaurant:

george "Hi, my names George, im unemployed and currently live with my parents"

Lady (with lust in her eyes) "Hellooo george"

Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:31 PM   #22
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

YES Darsh. My favourite episode as well. But that's not the best line from that show. That goes out to this little goodie...

Woman - Who are you George Costanza?
George - The opposite of every man you've ever met.

I also loved the Jerry storyline from that episode, that had him evening out for everything.

Jerry - See, I have two friends. Before, you were up and he was down. Now, he's up and you're down. Ya see how everything evens out for me?

And how can we forget the last episode of the series, which ended the exact same way as the series started. With the button in no-man's land. And all the characters returning to send the crew to prison? Priceless.

*Goes to watch five straight hours of Seinfeld*
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:48 PM   #23
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far

South Park is better than Seinfeld. Seinfeld is good, but South Park is the best ever.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 01:37 PM   #24
ManUtd
Banned

ManUtd has an OK reputation so far

^^ South Park? Get the **** out..

Seinfeld is the greatest. My favorite episode is when George was O Brien. Remember that one?
ManUtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 01:46 PM   #25
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, love the O'Brian episode. Priceless stuff when Kramer ran into the garbage cans too.

The Comeback was another awesome one.

"The jerkstore called, and they're rinning out of you!"

And of course, when Susan dies. That was some pretty funny ****. I also forgot that "The Opposite" also had Kramer on Regis and Kathy Lee finally promoting his "coffee table book".
Old 10-22-2006, 06:10 PM   #26
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

The susie- elaine's bit in the office with peterman and the old lady was hilarious.
Butter shave- that one was the bomb too.
Also loved the race where Jerry's gf's name is lois. The ending with the superman music is classic.

Absolutely best show ever.

Last edited by shadow : 10-22-2006 at 07:47 PM.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:45 PM   #27
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Forgot about the Susie/Elaine one. That was histerical.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:55 PM   #28
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
my favourite episode is when kramer gets the merv griffin set. all 4 characters had classic story lines.

That episode was on a few days ago. I would say rarely does such an episode come together so nicely. The storyline was woven together masterfully.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: