Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 09-22-2006, 11:52 PM   #1
stuntpogoer
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Honest Question

this has been bugging me for a very long time.

why do you guys need special shoes to throw a ball in a hoop?

skateboarding shoes make sense, they have to be really strong or else they will rip. the friction that is made when the shoe rubs up against the grip tape is big, and shoes are usually torn up within weeks. these basketball shoes would only last about a few days with skateboarders.

shoes like this, osiris skate shoes, make sense:
http://www.zappos.com/images/713/713...7-192827-d.jpg

they have air bubbles in the sole to absorb shock when skaters jump 10+ stair sets. why do basketball shoes need these air bubble? your not going high enough to actually need air bubbles.
stuntpogoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:33 AM   #2
guacomole
I brick open layups

1.)You realy dont need air bubbles in skate shoes either, andrew reynolds and Jamie thomas throw themselsves of huge sets wearing very basic shoes. Those shoes you posted are widely considered by skateboarders to be the ugliest, heaviest, and unecceraly huge skateboard shoes ever.

2.) Most skateboarders cant do a 10+ set, so air bubbles are unnecseary and they usually wear shoes with them to look cool.

3.) Unless you have a substantial amount of natural talent( learn to kickflip before puberty) you will probly not be able to do a 10+, much less go pro or even get sponered. If you do it for fun thats fine, but all you realy need are some e'S accels and shoe goo to make tham last long if its just your hobby.
guacomole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:42 AM   #3
stuntpogoer
Can barely lace up my sneakers

i am sponsored for Xpogo. i get free $200 pogo sticks and shirts, parts, etc.

watch this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVDr3hae-Bw
stuntpogoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:01 PM   #4
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntpogoer
this has been bugging me for a very long time.

why do you guys need special shoes to throw a ball in a hoop?

skateboarding shoes make sense, they have to be really strong or else they will rip. the friction that is made when the shoe rubs up against the grip tape is big, and shoes are usually torn up within weeks. these basketball shoes would only last about a few days with skateboarders.

shoes like this, osiris skate shoes, make sense:
http://www.zappos.com/images/713/713...7-192827-d.jpg

they have air bubbles in the sole to absorb shock when skaters jump 10+ stair sets. why do basketball shoes need these air bubble? your not going high enough to actually need air bubbles.

i used to skate and those shoes you posted are horrible for skateboarding, i know because i had them... the basic shoes work better.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: