Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 08-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
martinas23
Serious playground baller

martinas23 has decent reputationmartinas23 has decent reputation
Default Hawks Sign Flip Murray

http://hawks.portspaces.com/post/haw...gn_murray.html

Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen, I present: Ronald "Flip" Murray, newest Hawk and a guy who has the potential to fill a role the Hawks have been missing for the last several years - bench gunner. Dude can score.

This is another good move by the hawks after loosing childress. He averaged 11ppg last season in 22mpg while playing for indiana, childress averaged 12ppg in 30mpg. I think flip and mo should be capable filling in the hole that childress left. Do you think hawks will still resign salim stoudamire?
martinas23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:15 PM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Hawks Sign Flip Murray

I think with this signing the Hawks will not bring Salim back especially since Flip is much bigger and can play the 1 spot and defend a little.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:48 AM   #3
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I think with this signing the Hawks will not bring Salim back especially since Flip is much bigger and can play the 1 spot and defend a little.

Flip's a decent player, but "defend a little" is only accurate if you literally mean just a little. He's a fairly below average defender.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:43 AM   #4
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool

Decent signing of a decent player who can help. I would think of him as an upgrade over Salim Stoudamire.
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:53 PM   #5
Da Boltz 59
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Da Boltz 59 has an OK reputation so far

Flip's a Solid shooter
Da Boltz 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:33 PM   #6
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Flip showing up his old team tonight!
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:36 PM   #7
Hawksauce
1/2 Court Trap or Die

Hawksauce has decent reputation

Man this just made my night. I got home from work, turned on the tv and heard "atlanta got out to a 3-0 start", I was like yeah!!!. Go hawks, Big ups to Flip! Thats what Im talking about man. It must have been a very defensive game judging by the scores.
Hawksauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:42 PM   #8
Jamz Nayschmidt

Nice pick fellows! I've seen him explode quite a few times in the mid 2000's with the Sonics, and I feel he showed dominant offensive skills time after time. The aggressive, thug-like behavior necessary to boost the street hunger of the Hawks by 10. I mean come on Tyron Lue like forever stained us. Even though he reeks of the Mike James-syndrome, I wouldn't mind him sharing the ball with *now* superstar Joseph Johnson.

Atlanta shall rise once again.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:59 AM   #9
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Atlanta will definitely be a force to be reckoned with come playoff time.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: