Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 01-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
ucatchtrout
I airball my layups

ucatchtrout has an OK reputation so far
Default Jan 21st vs Cleveland

Jan 21st vs Cleveland
Gametime 7 pm Pacific Time
KGW-Yes, its a home game on local tv

This is our first match with Cleveland and King James this year, and if you haven't seen this years Cavs in action, you click here you can get a look at NBA TVs preseason look at this years Cleveland team by clicking here.

Well, the Blazers aren't the only team without the services of their starting point guard. Cavs Point Guard Delonted West broke his wrist in a fall last week in Chicago. West got hurt when he fell face first to the floor while trying to block rookie Derrick Rose's layup in the first quarter of the Cavaliers' 102-93 overtime loss. West also cut his face and needed stitches, but showing his toughness, he came out for layups at halftime and spent the second half on Cleveland's bench cheering his teammates

If you are a Cleveland fan the good news on the injury scene is that oft-injured center Zydrunas Ilgauskas has been cleared to resume on-court basketball activities Ilgauskas is averaging 13.8 points, a team-leading 7.1 rebounds and is shooting 52 percent from the field. Ilgauskas is an important piece in the Cleveland offense, no word yet on whether he will be available for the Porltand game.

As for our biggest big man, CenterGreg Oden had just one word to describe how he felt after arguably his best game of the season on Monday night,"Hungry," he said, showing off his goofy side Monday night after he scored a career-high 24 points and added 15 rebounds in the Portland Trail Blazers' 102-85 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks.

Should be interesting to see how aggressive Greg is against Varejao and big Ben Wallace. Lets hope he can followup on Monday nights career highs with some aggressive play against the Cavs. I remember last year when the Cavs came to town we played a pretty good game until LBJ took over in the fourth quarter. He simply took the game over, which of course is what superstars do. The Cavs lost to the Lakers Monday night in LA 105-88 in a game where LBJ was guarded by Kobe, had six turnovers and held to just 23 points while shooting 9-25. The Cavs are having a good season and will no doubt show up in Portland ready to play. We'll need to bring our A game to the Rose Garden to get a victory against this bunch.

Projected starters
Portland Trailblazers

Sergio Rodriguez -PG
Brandon Roy-SG
Nic Batum-SF
LaMarcus Aldridge-PF
Greg Oden-Center

Projected starters
Cleveland Cavaliers

Mo Williams-PG
Sasha Pavlovic-SG
Ben Wallace-PF
LeBron James-SF
Anderson Varejao-Center

If you wish, you may CLICK HERE, for a chance to win a free Portland Trailblazer Jersey, otherwise just ignore.
ucatchtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:22 PM   #2
AznTacoLover
College superstar

AznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jan 21st vs Cleveland

Yeah let's hope greg oden has another good game. with less fouls so prizballila I know I spelt it wrong. can rest his broken hand? :P
AznTacoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:02 PM   #3
ucatchtrout
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznTacoLover
Yeah let's hope greg oden has another good game. with less fouls so prizballila I know I spelt it wrong. can rest his broken hand? :P

Surprised no one has mentioned this...but there is a bit of good news on the hand thing. I was at the game last night and noticed that Joel is no longer wearing the brace. So it must be almost healed.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
AznTacoLover
College superstar

AznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucatchtrout
Surprised no one has mentioned this...but there is a bit of good news on the hand thing. I was at the game last night and noticed that Joel is no longer wearing the brace. So it must be almost healed.

wow I can't belive that... I remembered he kept getting hacked by other players on the oppsing team.
AznTacoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucatchtrout

Getting rid of the brace means it is healed enough to have more movement, but it doesn't necessarily mean its almost healed. But healed enough for him to be effective is enough for me.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:38 PM   #6
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Blazers will lose.

They have trouble with perimeter teams and agressive teams and Cleveland is both.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:15 AM   #7
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well, we kept it close. I didn't expect too much from this game.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #8
ucatchtrout
I airball my layups

I was hoping we might see the inside game we saw from our team a few nights ago when they beat the Milwaukee Bucks. Pau Gasol, and Andrew Bynum and the Lakers beat Cleveland using their inside game against the weaker Varejao, and Hickman. Either the players didn't follow the coaches directions, our coaching staff was oblivious to what worked against Cleveland on Monday night, or they simply forgot they have a Seven Foot Giant starting at Center who is HUNGRY.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #9
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was suprised we didnt do a little better. We upset the Celtics without Roy a month ago.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: