Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 01-17-2009, 10:34 PM   #1
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Would You Do This Deal

As a Miami fan?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...2~22&te=&cash=

Outgoing
Shawn Marion
Marcus Banks

Incoming
Travis Outlaw
Sergio Rodriguez
Channing Frye
Raef LaFrentz

You get rid of the failing Shawn Marion, and the best part is, you don't do it at the expense losing much cap relief you would have gotten by just letting him expire, seeing as how you still lose 16 million in the offseason in Frye and LaFrentz. You get Outlaw who can fill the hole left by trading Marion, and you get another good PG in Rodriguez. Frye adds the size you sorely lack. It's a win win for both.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
Alonzo Magic
Mourning Glory

Alonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Would You Do This Deal

Banks off the books?

Outlaw has a nice, versatile offensive game, but the dude can't defend at all. Great hustle play from Marion is currently a a great facet in our defensive arsenal, as well as his ability to guard the opposition's best perimeter player. Also just think of the line up we'd have to play at times in games - Haslem, Beasley and Outlaw. We'd get raped.

I'd rather have James Jones starting at 3. He's got great hard nosed man to man defence as well as being one of the best shooters in the league.

Rodriguez - Good, I like his game. Would get a good chunk of minutes on our roster.

Thanks but, it's a no from me in terms of what we want to achieve in the short term.
Alonzo Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #3
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow. And I thought Miami fans would be salivating at this deal.

Thanks for the post.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dont be silly... all that young talent for Marion and a garbage 3rd stringer?
cmon now... If I were a heat fan of course i would
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
Alonzo Magic
Mourning Glory

Alonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Dont be silly... all that young talent for Marion and a garbage 3rd stringer?
cmon now... If I were a heat fan of course i would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonzo Magic
Thanks but, it's a no from me in terms of what we want to achieve in the short term.

IN THE SHORT TERM
Alonzo Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:11 AM   #6
mamba24
read this you homer

mamba24 has decent reputationmamba24 has decent reputation

The Heat need to find a way and get a Center....

Brad Miller and Jermaine O'neal are the ones that come to mind...

Beasley is already playing PF minutes and they feel he can fill up that position full time.

Im not sure they want to trade Haslem...as he provides more by doing less...he does all the little things and he'd come off the bench if he had to.

Jermaine Oneal...if healthy is a great swap for marion and banks...but i dont know how good he is anymore...i'd rather take miller...

The heat are in contention...their sharpshooter is almost back.

They need a Center and a PG....maybe marbury if he is bought out...

If they trade for J-howard...They will have filled a position that was already filled...

The heat have 29 days...and im all for them getting the pieces they need to compete with the best...IF they can manage to fill up their gaps they will be even better than orlando...
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:13 AM   #7
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Portland definitely becomes a favorite to get to the WCF if they do this deal.

Miami gets some young talent, but our defense and rebounding would drop alot. Non Heat fans really dont appreciate what Marion does for this team. They all think he's underachieving and we would be glad to trade him, when that's not near to the case.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:40 PM   #8
winningfreak
I brick open layups

winningfreak has not been impressing people

what about this deal?

Trade dwyane wade to the clippers for eric gordon and chris kamen,

The clippers would go for it as they have an extra center right now and wade would fill in the extra scoring they would lose by giving up gordon.

Miami would also get there scoring fix with him and hes young, also would give them a solid center.
winningfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:37 PM   #9
lil baller
wade=mvp

lil baller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by winningfreak
what about this deal?

The clippers would go for it as they have an extra center right now and wade would fill in the extra scoring they would lose by giving up gordon.

Miami would also get there scoring fix with him and hes young, also would give them a solid center.
not a chance
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #10
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hey guys... visitor from Raps land! JO made it through tonight's game! 11 points in 17 mins!

Can you all mass e-mail Riley to convince him to do this deal?
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:39 PM   #11
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
As a Miami fan?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...2~22&te=&cash=

Outgoing
Shawn Marion
Marcus Banks

Incoming
Travis Outlaw
Sergio Rodriguez
Channing Frye
Raef LaFrentz

You get rid of the failing Shawn Marion, and the best part is, you don't do it at the expense losing much cap relief you would have gotten by just letting him expire, seeing as how you still lose 16 million in the offseason in Frye and LaFrentz. You get Outlaw who can fill the hole left by trading Marion, and you get another good PG in Rodriguez. Frye adds the size you sorely lack. It's a win win for both.

If we did that trade we would have to cut two of them. + who said we want to get rid of Marion who is are 2nd best player right now? We will only trade him for an improvement. & Marion is the best player in this trade. We don't even get a starting caliber player in this deal, so no thank you.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:43 PM   #12
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
what about this deal?

Instead lets trade Blount, & Banks for Camby, D Jordan, & Gordon?
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:11 AM   #13
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Leoshes
If we did that trade we would have to cut two of them. + who said we want to get rid of Marion who is are 2nd best player right now? We will only trade him for an improvement. & Marion is the best player in this trade. We don't even get a starting caliber player in this deal, so no thank you.
Well, you could just waive LaFrentz altogether since his deals comes off the books at the end of the year anyways, and then just do the same with Jamaal Magloire...

Tell me that

Frye
Haslem
Outlaw
Wade
Chalmers

with

Beasley
Rodriguez
Cook

off the bench, isn't better than

Anthony
Haslem
Marion
Wade
Chalmers
----
Beasley
Cook
Blount
Old 01-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #14
winningfreak
I brick open layups

winningfreak has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Leoshes
Instead lets trade Blount, & Banks for Camby, D Jordan, & Gordon?

Clippers do not need another pointgard atm, and Banks is old.

Blount isnt all that great maybe Clippers would give up Jason Hart and D Jordan for them...
winningfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #15
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Clippers do not need another pointgard atm, and Banks is old.

Blount isnt all that great maybe Clippers would give up Jason Hart and D Jordan for them...

he was being freakin SARCASTIC. he proposed a stupid trade to parallel your own
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: