Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-23-2009, 06:56 AM   #31
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Grizzlies fire Mike Iavaroni.

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #32
lilmarcgasol
Banned

lilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this board

new coach will unleash the beast that is MG33
lilmarcgasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:24 AM   #33
kidachi

Mo Cheeks?

Eddie Jordan?
Old 01-23-2009, 07:32 AM   #34
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidachi
Mo Cheeks?

Eddie Jordan?
I wish. But apparently, there is talk of Lionel Hollins becoming the new head coach, which is just a cheap move by the Grizz and won't really help us much at all. For the next two games, Johnny Davis is going to be the interim head coach. I also think that O'Neill is being under used, he could really get these players to actually play some defense.

If Hollins is the new coach for the rest of the so called 3 year plan, then I am very disappointed with this move. Who knows though, if he can get us more than 11 wins in the next 41 games, then good. I'd like to see how uses the players and what will change.

Last edited by Kebab Stall : 01-23-2009 at 07:34 AM.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:19 AM   #35
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Hollins? I was the first one willing Iavaroni to be fired, but Hollins?
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:21 AM   #36
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Venja42 has an OK reputation so far

ESPN reported that Hollins will be the new coach and that he will have several experienced assistants.

Quote:
The Memphis Commercial Appeal, which first reported Thursday's firing, reported on its Web site early Friday that former Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins will be rehired as Iavaroni's replacement. The paper said former Philadelphia 76ers coach Maurice Cheeks and longtime Los Angeles Clippers assistant coach and front-office executive Barry Hecker will join Hollins, who is currently an assistant coach with the Milwaukee Bucks, as assistants.

I'm shocked that Mo is gonna be an assistant with Memphis. But, he is an excellent teacher. You can see the help he did with Sixers' young guys and I think one of the biggest improvements that no one has even mentioned is how well Andre Miller has scored the ball since he's come to Philly. Miller was a nice offensive threat before but not for years and now he is capable of scoring 20+ any night.
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #37
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
its all because rudy gay has been struggling all coach iavaroni would do is let mayo dribble around for 23 seconds then shoot.

Please, brandonislegend that was a very homerish comment. Rudy Gay has a higher Possesion Usage than Mayo, so Gay actually gets the ball more. Gay's usage Rate is 23.6 while Mayo's is 23.0

and they both are shooting the ball 16.2 FGA game, and Mayo has a higher PPG a more efficient scorer even with his major slump he has been in this month.

Also, To the firing i first heard it 5am in the morning on ESPN radio, while i was sleeping and a smile came on my face. It is about damn time. Rudy has degressed under ivaroni, so has Conley.

We need a coach that will imply an uptempo offense where we get out and run because that is where Rudy is the most deadliest in the open court.

There is no reason why we run an offense that is similar to the san antonio spurs, it should be similar to the Suns or Knicks, because we are so athletic Gayo Mayo Warrick need to get out and run.

Memphis starting 5 is younger than the University of Memphis.

They have alot of potential, just they weren't using it the right way.

Young= Fastbreak, running as much as possible not playing a slow down half court game like ivaroni loved to do
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #38
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
Please, brandonislegend that was a very homerish comment. Rudy Gay has a higher Possesion Usage than Mayo, so Gay actually gets the ball more. Gay's usage Rate is 23.6 while Mayo's is 23.0

and they both are shooting the ball 16.2 FGA game, and Mayo has a higher PPG a more efficient scorer even with his major slump he has been in this month.

Also, To the firing i first heard it 5am in the morning on ESPN radio, while i was sleeping and a smile came on my face. It is about damn time. Rudy has degressed under ivaroni, so has Conley.

We need a coach that will imply an uptempo offense where we get out and run because that is where Rudy is the most deadliest in the open court.

There is no reason why we run an offense that is similar to the san antonio spurs, it should be similar to the Suns or Knicks, because we are so athletic Gayo Mayo Warrick need to get out and run.

Young= Fastbreak, running as much as possible not playing a slow down half court game like ivaroni loved to do
Iavaroni wanted to run and have an uptempo offense. Even when Heisley said he wanted a more defensive minded team and even brought in Kevin O'Neill to help the team become more about defense, Iavaroni still wanted to have a running team and didn't want to abandon it.

The reason the team isn't running as much, is because it's just been a mess out there. No plays being run, not breaking at the right time. In order to have a fast team, you need really good rebounders, we have one solid rebounder, but still nothing great in Gasol, maybe two, when Darko actually puts some work in on the boards. Hak gets eaten on the boards, because he's got no weight to throw around, but with his length he should be getting more. Also, Arthur just isn't cutting it out there. He was great on the boards in his first two games, but after that he hasn't done much of anything.

We need a coach who can utilise these guys. That being, making use of the full court and half court. The Spurs, whilst in a completely different world to the Grizzlies, are the best team to look at for this. They have great half court play and can use screens and picks set by the big men to get easy looks for the little men who are great slashers. Mayo and Conley are good slashers, just like Manu and TP. Gasol is a solid passing big man and can set some strong screens, like Duncan.

The Spurs can also kill teams by running. They are not as boring and as slow as some people think. They can run and get easy baskets just like some of the best running teams.

Now, I'm not trying to compare the Grizzlies to the Spurs, but they are team we should look at and gather ideas from on how to play. I'm not saying we should copy the Spurs, but we have a few players who are similar to their players and we can take a few pages from their book on how to play basketball, rather than this shambles of shooting poor percentage shots, playing poor team and individual defense and also not making the right passes.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #39
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Eddie Jordan would be terrific for the Grizzlies. Or next year if the Sixers don't keep the guy they have now.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #40
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo

No acutally its not, I love OJ Mayo im a memphis fan, and i have no problem with him having the ball for 23 seconds and then shooting because he usually creates something out of it...

But i do have a problem of when and where rudy gets the ball, yes he does that bads shots at time which is 50% of the problem, but the other have is him getting the ball with like 5 seconds left on the shot clock in just front of the 3 point line then everyone collapses on him, we needed a new coach period.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:13 PM   #41
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
new coach will unleash the beast that is MG33

Who?
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: