Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 01-28-2009, 01:07 AM   #16
daydreamin
I airball my layups

Default Re: Official Denver Nuggets Game Thread

Boom. Billups puts up 29 and a Nuggets victory.
daydreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:58 PM   #17
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Very happy with last night's game. We're winning every game we should win and not slacking off.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #18
daydreamin
I airball my layups

Dont think we will win tonight.

Second of a back to back on the road against NO...
Old 01-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #19
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

The good news for us is that both West and Chandler aren't playing tonight.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:57 PM   #20
milehighnuggz
I brick open layups

Someone should tell kenyon martin that you arent allowed to shoot 3's if u cant make freethrows.

Serriously, it was cute the first few times he was making them but just stop it, just stop it kenyon ur jumpshot makes me sick to my stomach.
milehighnuggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:47 PM   #21
daydreamin
I airball my layups

JR has made some sick plays this game...

As I am typing this, he steps back and drains a three...

KING
Old 01-28-2009, 10:48 PM   #22
daydreamin
I airball my layups

LOL at the referees with Chris Paul. What a joke.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:33 PM   #23
daydreamin
I airball my layups

The game was close....and then NO went on a 22-4 run

Bad shooting night for the Nuggets.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:40 AM   #24
Geandily
Local High School Star

Man it will be nice to have Melo back for the Bobcats (hope he makes it)
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #25
paguy1955
High School Starter

Anthony cleared to return to Nuggets lineup FridayRocky Mountain News

Carmelo Anthony on Thursday received clearance from the Nuggets' medical staff to return to the lineup.

The sixth-year NBA forward will play Friday night when the Nuggets are host to the Charlotte Bobcats. Tipoff at the Pepsi Center is 7 p.m.

Anthony missed 10 games with a broken right hand. Denver went 6-4 in his absence
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:30 PM   #26
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Nuggets up 15 @ half. Nene hasn't missed a shot yet, 7/7. Birdman has 4 blocks already and Melo has 10 points so far. It's been a dunk fest all game!
Old 01-31-2009, 02:18 AM   #27
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

To repeat what I wrote in the Gamethread that I made in the NBA forum(The one where I was unfortunately talking/typing to myself).

Quote:
Man, where'd all the usual Nugget fans go?

Anyways, good game. Nene almost went 11 for 11. Missed a layup attempt which could've been ruled as a foul, but wasn't. Nene finished with a double double(22/12) though. Our bench showed up tonight and scored 43 combined points as well.

And oh yeah, Melo took just 12 shots.
Made 5, but still managed to score 19 points.

Good game!

Next up, *gulp* the SPURS!
Old 01-31-2009, 02:22 AM   #28
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

And here's the recap on the Nugz/Cats-Melo's return:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2009013007
Quote:
DENVER (AP)—Carmelo Anthony scored 19 points in his first game back from a broken right hand, lifting the Denver Nuggets to a 110-99 win over the Charlotte Bobcats on Friday night.

Nene had 22 points, hitting 10 of 11 shots, and 12 rebounds, his 14th double-double of the season. Linas Kleiza chipped in 21 points.

Anthony wasn’t bothered by a broken bone in his shooting hand, finishing 5-of-12 from the floor and 9-of-11 from the free throw line. He played with his two middle fingers wrapped in white athletic tape, per doctor’s orders.

The Nuggets forward was injured on Jan. 5 when Indiana Pacers center Jeff Foster swatted at the ball, catching a good chunk of Anthony’s hand. Anthony sat out 10 games, the team going 6-4 in his absence.

Shortly after being cleared to play Thursday, Anthony received the news he’d been snubbed from the All-Star team.

The Nuggets will be represented by Chauncey Billups, who will be making his fourth straight appearance after being named a Western Conference reserve.

Billups finished with 12 points and six assists against Charlotte.
Raja Bell led the Bobcats with a season-high 27 points, while Boris Diaw added 16 and former Nuggets player Juwan Howard had 11.

Nene continues his run of torrid shooting, hitting eight straight before finally missing a layup late in the third quarter.

The Brazilian forward ranks among the best in the league in field goal percentage this season. He hit all 12 shots he attempted against Utah last Sunday, tying a team record for the most makes without a miss.

The Nuggets led by as many as 20 points in the fourth quarter, before removing their regulars and coasting to their fourth win in five games.

Denver is now 4-1 all-time against Charlotte at home.

Bobcats coach Larry Brown enjoys his jaunts back to the Mile High City, where he used to coach the Nuggets in the ’70s while they were in the ABA, then the NBA. His 251 wins is still second on Denver’s all-time coaching list.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:49 PM   #29
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

We play San Antonio tomorrow night and this will show if we need another big or not, because Duncan has killed all of Nene, Birdman, and K-Mart.

If we lose, hopefully the front office will see how much we need a big guy in the middle?

If we win, I still hope the front office gets us a big guy that ACTUALLY PLAYS and NOT SIT ON THE BENCH!
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:21 AM   #30
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Here's the Nugz/Spurs Recap:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2009020307
Quote:
DENVER (AP)—This wasn’t quite the test Carmelo Anthony and the Denver Nuggets had in mind.

With Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili all sidelined Tuesday night, the Denver Nuggets took advantage for a 104-96 win over the San Antonio Spurs after frittering away most of a 17-point lead.

Ginobili has a bruised hip, and coach Gregg Popovich said he decided to give Duncan and Parker the night off in Denver following the Spurs’ overtime win at Golden State Monday night.

Anthony scored 35 points, but he had to come back into the game with 8:47 left and the Nuggets clinging to an 80-78 lead. His return had an immediate impact as he spaced the floor and the Nuggets suddenly had open looks and went on a 9-0 run.

Again, San Antonio’s subs fought back, pulling to 98-94 with two minutes left on a 3-pointer by Roger Mason, who led the Spurs with 26 points.

‘Melo countered with a free throw and a jumper, and the Nuggets escaped.

Anthony, who spent the last three days getting used to practicing again after missing several weeks with a broken bone in his right hand, said the Spurs’ visit was a barometer for the Nuggets, who fancy themselves conference contenders now that they have Chauncey Billups at the helm.

A win over San Antonio would validate that notion, Anthony argued. But the Spurs he really wanted to go against weren’t the ones on the court.

Denver wasn’t at full-strength, either. Kenyon Martin missed the game with tonsillitis and strep throat, and Billups sprained his right ankle in the second quarter and didn’t return.

With so many starters out, other players who normally don’t steal the spotlight had the chance to shine.

In one two-minute stretch in the second quarter, Chris Anderson, who had three blocks in the first quarter, strung together three highlight dunks and Linas Kleiza had a reverse layup while running along the baseline for Denver, which took a 56-44 halftime lead.

Nene had 17 points for the Nuggets and Kleiza added 13.

Notes

San Antonio fell to 7-4 in the second of back-to-back games this season. … The Spurs are in the midst of an eight-game road trip. They won’t play at home again until facing Dallas on Feb. 24. … The Nuggets now embark on an eight-game swing of their own, and they won’t play at the Pepsi Center again until Feb. 23 when the Boston Celtics make their one and only trip to the Mile High city. … Anthony was 14-of-15 from the stripe.
Ugly win. Hopefully they'll play better tomorrow night.

BTW, what's up with all these injuries in the NBA this week. Sheesh!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: