Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-23-2006, 08:11 PM   #1
mistadobilina
I brick open layups

mistadobilina has an OK reputation so far
Default Work-Out Questions

So I was wondering:

1. If you can tell me what's the best exercise to improve your cardio. (Swimming, Running, Jump Rope, Bike)

2. What's the difference between a jump rope and a speed rope?
mistadobilina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:40 AM   #2
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputationSupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputationSupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputation

1. running. best time to do it is the first thing in the morning. your body is in ketosis and you'll draw the needed energy from the stored fat. know your heart zones to help you maximize your results. but remember that cardio is just as important as fat burn (internal health vs. external physique). interval training is probably the best way to go. Swimming's good too, but I've heard that the water keeping your body temperature down actually keeps you from burning as much fat as you could by running even though swimming is more exhaustive than running.

2. to the best of my knowledge, a jump rope is just any jump rope. most are made out of plastic and some out of rubber or a string with beads. a speed rope is a jump rope designed to rotate with speed. most i've seen are thin leather ropes with ball bearings in the handles for smooth rotation. much more expensive than a regular ol jump rope. if you're a novice, i'd suggest using a regular jump rope, just make sure the rope itself is a little heavy so it spins fast enough. once you've mastered that, you can invest more in a speed rope to take you to the next level.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:46 PM   #3
mistadobilina
I brick open layups

Thanks for the great post. I also have another two questions.

1. How much running is too much? (Is it better to run one mile or run for a long time)

2. Are there any benefits for basketball by going on the bike and jumping rope?
Old 09-29-2006, 04:49 PM   #4
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

1. Running 2-4 miles 3-5 times a week is a good number. Don't run everyday when you just start out because your legs will get tired and you won't be able to run as much.

2. Running is better then going on a bike. Jump roping is really good for your calf muscles and endurance. Just don't jump rope on concrete cause it will mess your knees up.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:43 PM   #5
mistadobilina
I brick open layups

Alright, thank you very much.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:36 PM   #6
mistadobilina
I brick open layups

Alright one last question... I haven't been working out too much (busy with school and work) but, I went for a jog yesterday and when I was finished my knees just hurt like hell. Are my legs just ****ed or am I out of shape?

What should I do?
Old 12-03-2006, 12:24 AM   #7
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistadobilina
Alright one last question... I haven't been working out too much (busy with school and work) but, I went for a jog yesterday and when I was finished my knees just hurt like hell. Are my legs just ****ed or am I out of shape?

What should I do?

Your body just isn't used to the running you've been doing. The pain will go away the more you run. Let it rest for a day(24hr), 2 days maximum and start running again.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:58 PM   #8
UCLAlegend32
Local High School Star

UCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat coolUCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat cool

just download 8min arms 8min legs 8min abs. thats all u need.
UCLAlegend32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 07:24 PM   #9
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE SHAQ FACTOR
ok im 5'9 and 260 lbs. and i startd easting oatmeal in the mourning to slim down a little. it helps and gibes me energy to work out in the atfernoon but i need lose weihgt faster.

i tried that belt you wear that vibrats and makes your belly swaet and slobber. it works good but my arms are still flaby.

do any1 now a wrokout to make my arms thin andz strong?

That isn't possible, when you burn fat, it does so throughout the body, there is no such thing as "spot reduction" as they call it. It just doesn't work like that.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 07:39 PM   #10
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
ok im 5'9 and 260 lbs. and i startd easting oatmeal in the mourning to slim down a little. it helps and gibes me energy to work out in the atfernoon but i need lose weihgt faster.

i tried that belt you wear that vibrats and makes your belly swaet and slobber. it works good but my arms are still flaby.

qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 08:58 PM   #11
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistadobilina

What should I do?

Take a good multi, and some protien+glutamine for recovery.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:23 PM   #12
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

HAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHALOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLMAOL MAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOROFLROFLROFLROFLROF LROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLAHAHAHAHHAHAH
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:33 PM   #13
King_CB
Can barely lace up my sneakers

King_CB has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

To tighten the flab on your arms a good place to start is your triceps. They tighten up the flab. The most important is what you eat. You are 260 at 5'9"...wow so first thing is to speed up your metabolism. That is gained through heart health. Jog or use a bike and sweat, keep hydrated though. No snacks or meals 3-4 hours before you sleep. Eating before you go to bed is killer on the metabolism...cuz your heart and digestive system has to work overtime to break down the food.

One more thing eat FIBER, a lot of it....funny as it sounds but staying 'regular' is key in losing weight.

Good luck
King_CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:26 PM   #14
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephone
HAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHALOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLMAOL MAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOROFLROFLROFLROFLROF LROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Totally uncalled for.

Anyways, i got a question myself.

Alright, is eating a salad with ceaser dressing considered healthy? Someone told me that eating the salad is good, but putting dressing on it completely kills the point of eating a salad. Is there any truth to this?
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: