Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 06-10-2006, 12:48 PM   #1
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation
Default Is there anyway to trade Webber?

Webber has lost nearly all of his athleticism. He's now primarily a jump shooter, and is a liability on defense. Despite all of this and his huge salary, is there anyone out there who thinks we could trade him in a package with maybe Iguodala or somebody to get a superstar in return? I seriously doubt it could happen, but I just wanted to hear if anybody had any ideas.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #2
Unregistered

if Philly keeps him they'll have some serious cap room in 2 years. Iverson's contract will be done by then too i think. thats 40 million off the books
Old 06-10-2006, 02:29 PM   #3
bracer028
Banned

bracer028 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i think its better to just keep this team in tact...draft good and just slowly rebuild

i think iverson's contract comes up 1 year after webbers...anyways...they would have a grip of cash but depending on how much they sign iggy on an extension
bracer028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #4
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
if Philly keeps him they'll have some serious cap room in 2 years. Iverson's contract will be done by then too i think. thats 40 million off the books

Iverson comes off the year after Webber and I don't think they'll be under until then.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:31 AM   #5
Baller
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Baller has an OK reputation so far
Smile

The 76ers will never be under the Cap. They want to definitely get under the luxery tax threshold, but they won't get under the salary cap. You have to remember that King's so-called credibility is on the line here,,,right now. He won't, or can't wait three more years and HOPE that in 2009 that someone could then be signed.

Webber could be moved, but it would have to be for another teams player who they themselves have run out of patiants on.

Say a Chris Webber to Portland for say Theo & Zach Randolph, and the 30th pick in the draft.

Why would Portland do it ? Well the main reason is getting rid of Randolph who seems to constantly get into trouble, or put himself into High risk situations. Theo's deal ends the same time Webber's does, so no real advantage there, but in Chris, at least he will play more consistently as it goes to Injuries cause Theo seems to always get injured. The only reason Philly might do it is that when Theo is healthy, he can play some C and add some blocked shots. And maybe, just maybe Randolph will get his act together under Ivy, and a coach he has been under before. We also add a depth player at 30 in round 1 to go along with pick 13.

There, hows that scenario ?
Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #6
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

If the Sixers don't take on any long term big deals within the next couple seasons they'll be under the cap when Iverson comes off the books.

As for the trade. I'd do that without even thinking twice.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:59 AM   #7
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

It's kind of hard to trade him. The only team that would take him would probably be another team with a bad contract.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 12:30 AM   #8
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default ...

Good team, change coach
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: