Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 01-25-2009, 01:24 PM   #31
ElPigto
*****istrator

Default Re: Kevin Mchale is simultaneously the greatest head coach and worst GM in NBA histor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I recognize Spree's age which is why I said three year deal. Even though he was 34 years old Spree was still very athletic and did not look to be "running on fumes".

But he was 34. There could of been so many scenarios that could of happen and taken the chance on a 34 year old spree and giving him his 30M. I agree with you, the guy looked to be in great shape and still was very athletic for his age, but I don't think that's the kind of risk any franchise takes for someone on his way out of the league, just too much money.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #32
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Kevin Mchale is simultaneously the greatest head coach and worst GM in NBA histor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
But he was 34. There could of been so many scenarios that could of happen and taken the chance on a 34 year old spree and giving him his 30M. I agree with you, the guy looked to be in great shape and still was very athletic for his age, but I don't think that's the kind of risk any franchise takes for someone on his way out of the league, just too much money.
I hear what you're saying. Just can't see how Spree playing the way he was wouldn't get an offer in 3y/$27-34 million range.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #33
ElPigto
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I hear what you're saying. Just can't see how Spree playing the way he was wouldn't get an offer in 3y/$27-34 million range.

The most I would have given him would have been 3y/24M with a team option. I remember wanting the Rockets to sign him and hoping we could get him since he had played with JVG previously. Dude still played solid defense and could score.

, Spree's career did not end so well, wish he would of gave a few more years to the fans. I always loved watching him play.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #34
Tuvi
Unknown Legend

Default Re: Kevin Mchale is simultaneously the greatest head coach and worst GM in NBA history

Haha I dont know about the greatest coach, but T-Wolves are playing well.
Tuvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #35
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Kevin Mchale is simultaneously the greatest head coach and worst GM in NBA history

Lol he might be the worst GM but definitely not as a great coach...
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: