Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 01-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Default Injuries good for the Clipps young talent

Lets not focus on the bad, because its pretty blatantly obvious. There are a few good things that has come out of the injury plagued season. I like the development of some of their younger players like Gordon, AT, and Jordan. Gordon especially bc I believe he has a nice bright future and has a place on this team. Not sure how the Baron/Gordon duo wil work out but we do know this kid is very skilled, and is NBA ready.

DeAndre looks nice, but still is miles away from being a real presence downlow. As of now, he is best suited as the 1st big off the bench to provide energy and activity around the hoop. Still, the past few weeks has been invaluable to his growth, and I expect him to be classified as a steal in the draft in the future.

Also, I honestly love the hustle I see from the players out there. Sure they make mistakes, and there is a lack of talent and personnel. But energy is there, and I see them fighting for the lose balls. The one thing worse than losing is losing without putting effort there. There has been energy even in a time of darkness.

So, barring any injuries next year, I can see this team making noise. Gordon has stepped up and will get significant minutes next seaosn. They likely will draft high, again. I think they will make a few moves, but the core guys they have are solid.

Just trying to look at the bright side of this disasater of a season. They have pieces and they have youth. They have players that can be valuable trading assets as well. Dunleavy needs to go IMO though, try just being a gm maybe.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:49 AM   #2
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Default Re: Injuries good for the Clipps young talent

Dunleavy without a doubt to me is the best GM the Clippers have ever had. Sure beats Old man Baylor sitting there trying to look pretty all the time. As a coach, Dunleavy sure does make questionable moves at times. Some games I think he does a tremendous job, other days I wonder what the hell he is doing with his rotation.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Injuries good for the Clipps young talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Dunleavy without a doubt to me is the best GM the Clippers have ever had. Sure beats Old man Baylor sitting there trying to look pretty all the time. As a coach, Dunleavy sure does make questionable moves at times. Some games I think he does a tremendous job, other days I wonder what the hell he is doing with his rotation.

Thats the problem with Dunleavy. To inconsistent. I will give him this. Injuries have plagued this squad this year, and he has done well in keeping the bench motivated to play. But even prior to this season, the substitutions, plays he calls seem out of whack. GM he has been fine, but coaching needs to go to someone with more stability
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: