Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #541
juju151111
NBA All-star

Default Re: Era Comparison: Michael Jordan Defenders vs Kobe Bryant defenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
How are any of these even remotely impressive (distance wise)?

Are you joking?
Look at the one I posted above and that was 28 year old Mj. 80s Mj was even more crazy. I am trying to find the fastbreak dunk where he took off from near FT line, but can't. Its a famous dunk too.
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #542
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju151111
Look at the one I posted above and that was 28 year old Mj. 80s Mj was even more crazy. I am trying to find the fastbreak dunk where he took off from near FT line, but can't. Its a famous dunk too.

There's one vs the Bucks and another vs the Celts as well, where he's close to the ft line.

And even when he wasn't close to the ft line on a straight ahead, some angled dunks were probably close to the ft line if we considered the angle. Then there's the dunks in which he takes off from where Kobe's 'long' distance are from, but MJ is either:

Still ascending, has to duck his head, or has damn near his entire forearm over the rim.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:53 AM   #543
juju151111
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
There's one vs the Bucks and another vs the Celts as well, where he's close to the ft line.

And even when he wasn't close to the ft line on a straight ahead, some angled dunks were probably close to the ft line if we considered the angle. Then there's the dunks in which he takes off from where Kobe's 'long' distance are from, but MJ is either:

Still ascending, has to duck his head, or has damn near his entire forearm over the rim.
Pls link me I have been searching for like 30 mins. Mj was doing leaner windmills from that Kobe distance. Elite is a idiot
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:04 AM   #544
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju151111
Pls link me I have been searching for like 30 mins. Mj was doing leaner windmills from that Kobe distance. Elite is a idiot

I wish I could.

I remember seeing them, but I don't remember where. If knew I would've posted them, but I'll keep my eyes open. I don't think they were part of a video compilation either, but part of a game.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #545
Calabis
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB42PAH
Before Jordan, SG were usually 6''2-6''5, now they go up to even 6''8 or 6''9. I mean just watch every Jordan game, and you will see a few things.

1) He was generally guarded by alot shorter defender (2-3 inches shorter)
2) He was able to back his shorter defender down 1 on 1.

Kobe Defenders:

Durant 6''9
Lebron 6''9
AK47: 6''9
Prince 6''9
Battier 6''8
Chandler 6'8
Outlaw: 6''8
Marion 6''8
Pierce: 6''8
Posey 6''8
Johnson: 6''8
Harrington: 6''8
Bowen 6''7
Artest: 6''7
K.Martin 6''8
Bell: 6''5
Davis: 6''4

Jordan Defenders:

Russell 6''7
Ehlo: 6''6
Payton: 6''4
Ainge: 6''4
Dumars: 6'3
Starks 6"3

Kobe faces better more bigger, stronger, athletic players night in and night out against zone defenses (illegal in Jordan's day). All the elite defenders of the 80s were 6'4" and under.

Typical SG's jordan faced 6''2 -6''5, alot more white players
Typical SG Kobe faces 6''5-6''9, alot less white defenders

MJ faced the likes of Craig Ehlo, Byron Scott, Danny Ainge, Jeff Hornacek, Jeff Malone, Ron Harper, Ricky Pierce, Clyde Drexler, John Starks, Voshon Lenard, Eddie Jones, Vinny Del Negro, Rolando Blackman, Sleepy Floyd, Reggie Lewis, Joe Dumars, Mitch Richmond, Reggie Miller, Penny Hardaway, John Starks, Steve Smith, Gerald Wilkins, Bernard King, Reggie Theus, Ricky Pierce, Rex Chapman, Reggie Lewis, Hersey Hawkins, Willie Anderson, Vernon Maxwell, Nick Anderson, Tony Campbell, Reggie Williams, Nate McMillan, Rory Sparrow, Kendall Gill, Stacy Augmon, Dan Majerle, David Wesley, Rex Walters, Jim Jackson, J.R. Rider, Calbert Cheaney, Kerry Kittles, and Bobby Phills, etc

Kobe faces likes of Dwyane Wade, Lebron James, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Ray Allen, Cuttino Mobley, Corey Maggette, Carmleo Anthony, Jason Richardson, Manu Ginobili, Reggie Miller (post prime), Raja Bell, Allen Iverson, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Scottie Pippen (post prime), Richard Jefferson, Rip Hamilton, J.R Smith, Shawn Marion, James Posey, Bruce Bowen, Ron Artest, Raja Bell, Tayshawn Prince, Shane battier, Andre Kirelinko, Brandon Roy, Gilbert Arenas, Caron Butler, Bo Outlaw, Kenyon Martin, Chanucey Billups, Jason Kidd, Josh Howard, etc

Please explain: 6 perimeter DPOY Jordan era.......1 Kobe's.....same one Jordan lit up at age 39...your a moron if you think Kobe has it harder, when he doesn't guard 90% of those guys, nor do they guard him

And before posting this dumb crap do your research....I made this video way back when I use to get heavy in these debates, but whats the point you guys ignore facts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9aU6oURwfo&list=UUgwZcQHppwou8vwL5NKf6WA& index=4&feature=plcp

Last edited by Calabis : 03-05-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Calabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #546
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Don't bother with Kobe Kids, they are thick.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: