Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2006, 11:33 PM   #31
Cavs Fan
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
Cavs Fan has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
You are a falkin idiot who in the middle of spewing out spin tries to pass it off as fact.

Let's examine all the BS spin that you have spewed out here from your partisan sources:

1.Peter Jennings a Canadian - irrelevant to your story and this thread, just added in to further the American misconception that Canadians are morally bankrupt liberals when in reality Canada is only fiscally liberal and actual as far as society goes much more conservative than the US. You only think otherwise because we apply logic to 'hotbutton' (see swing vote)issues such as gay marriage or abortion (which btw is easier to have in the USA than Canada).


I mention that Jennings was a Canadian and from that, you start babbling on about Canada's morality, gay marriage and abortion? I haven't heard such paranoid, nonsensical, rambling at the jaw in a long time. Obviously I pointed out that Jennings was a Canadian AND a liberal(not a liberal Canadian) to negate any comments on his objectivity, something I am sure many here feel about Fox News' Wallace.



Quote:
2.Clinton was not a liberal either. In the political spectrum he was a centrist.


False. Clinton was a liberal. Like I said he let polling do the thinking for him, so that may have masked many of his views but from dodging the draft, trying to establish a universal health care system that America didn't want, to fighting welfare reform tooth and nail, it is plainly obvious that Clinton was, is and will be a die-hard liberal. Even the last Ramsussen(sp) Poll concerning his ideology has twice as many Americans viewing him as a liberal versus a moderate.


Quote:
3. 'polling done with both historians and general public'...lol! why dont you admit it came from a right wing funded group. Give me sources, give me the science and methodology behind the polling. You cant because it is bunk. Just like all other right wing BS.

It's CSPAN you paranoid phuck, not Fox News They established the historian panel. What are they a right wing funded group now too? The same panel rated him as the fifth best president for economic management, yep they sound pretty right wing to me.



Quote:
4. 'He flew off the handle and threatened his liberal buddy'. There is the 'L' word again, conservatives have tainted this word and now instead of progressive it means being a wimpy, anti-American, out of touch elitist, and now they use it all the time to skew reality. Face facts dickwad, Jennings worked for ABC, which belongs to the same company that wouldn't distribute Farenheit 911, but decided to make their own 911 movie with falsities all through it. The US media has been a joke for years, at least Clinton has the balls to stand up to a smear merchant and not hide behind Tony Snow like Bush, but then again if Bush had to answer for himself there is no way he'd still be in office.

"Conservatives have tainted this word"? You gotta be kidding me. It's the "liberals" insecurities in who they are which have "tainted" this word. If you are confident in who you are then no amount of labeling can hurt you. However if you slink away into the shadows when your ideology is brought up, then yeah, you are going to taint your ideals. How many "right wingers" or "conservatives" are ashamed when you call them on it? Hell they are proud of it. Pretty much says it all.

And did Bush ever try and stop the production of Fahrenheit 911? Nope. Did Clinton try and stop the airing of ABC's 9/11 movie? He threw a temper tantrum. That right there pretty much sums it up in how close to reality each of the 2 hit home and furthers Clinton's fragile ego legacy. Hell, Bush hasn't even spoken out against the film depicting his murder.


Quote:
5. 'Clinton a nutcase'. Yeah, in the same way George Bush is autistic. In fact I bet if we polled strangers who heard each of them talk on the issues for five minutes without seeing their faces, 99% would assume GWB to be autistic while maybe 0% would assume Clinton to be a nut job...but at least you are showingyour true biased colors here.

99% would view Bush as autistic, but 0% would view Clinton as a nutcase? And I am biased? I'll leave you wallowing in your own hypocrisy on this one.

Quote:
6. 'It burns Clinton to this day that he is the only president in US history to serve 2 terms AND NOT GARNER MORE THAN 50% IN EITHER ONE!'
I dont think this bugs Clinton in the slightest, in fact, FoxNews was created in 1996 to make sure a Dem never won again, that is how Clinton rolled. Besides, the sting that Bush one felt in losing is probably 100 times worse.
Since you love facts so much, name a president who survived more witch hunts than Clinton.

OJ "survived" his troubles too. I got about the same amount of respect for Clinton. He wouldn't have had to survive anything and wouldn't have had to be disbarred, impeached, found in contempt, pay out more court fines than any other US president, pay/silence women he sexually harassed/raped, if he just acted like a normal human being.


Quote:

and since you are such a moral man, what is worse?

Getting a hummer at work

or

Starting an illegal war, which your own senate commitee saidyou lied to rush into and killing 200,000 plus Iraqis in the process.

tell me how your falkin morality works you hippocrite piece of shyt.

George Bush's whole MO is strictly to win votes and maintain power, and he will create false fears and kill 200,000 plus innocent Iraqis to do so.

THAT IS A FACT MY FRIEND

How do your twisted biased morals defend that?



"Getting a hummer at work"

Nice gloss. Bring your momma over here and let me give her Clinton's version of getting a "hummer". Let's see how down you would be with that.

200,000? Are you idiots still sticking to that number just because it was the highest kill count you could find, nevermind that it came from some obscure Hindu-Muslim rag. I have a question for you, you dolt. If that 200,000 number was published in 2003, don't you idiots think you might want to start adding to it a little to make it a little more realistic?

Fighting for democracy has always been bloody. If good people and nations were afraid of war's collateral damage, the only people who would be in power would be authoritarian dictators and regimes.


Quote:
If you ever asked 'Why do people hate America?' look in the mirror, it is because there are dumb people like you who wave the flag harder than anyone, giving the green light to greed and actually believe all the BS that comes out of your mouth.

No not really, I have better things to do than hear whiny ass, pompous fools such yourself try to enlighten the public on the evils of capitalism and patriotism when it is clearly obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense that you are simply in love with the sound of your own voices.

I do know America's favorability rating has fallen steadily(yes through the Clinton era as well) since the fall of the Soviet Union. It's just a case of resentment towards the unparalled top dog on the block.
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:35 PM   #32
Cavs Fan
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
Cavs Fan has no real reputation yet.
Default

I love how I come home and there is all these people saying claiming "owned" instead of voicing their own opinions, it's almost like a bunch of chimps screaming and pounding their fists on the ground because one of their own decided to step forward.
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:48 PM   #33
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 8,000
XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Oh you mean .. doing what the American people want?! I understand this notion of listening to the voters is kind of alien to a Bush supporter (or as we call them in the liberal-biased world of "reality": fascists!)..

And Bush will forever be known for:

- Sitting on his ass while reading My Pet Goat as 2 planes crashed into the World Trade Center and another into the Pentagon.
- Claiming that Saddam had WMD.
- Going into war with Iraq without knowing there was a difference between Sunni and *****e Muslims and the Kurds.
- A record defecit
- $3/gallon gas
- Failing to capture Osama bin Laden, the man that should be America's Public Enemy #1.
- Pissing off almost every single ally America has.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff, too.



There's a difference between being 2nd to last in "moral authority" and the "2nd worst president."

"OH NOES!@!!! BILL CLINTONZ HAD TEH AFFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! AMERICA IS CRUMBLKING!!!!!!!! L"

I simply agree with every point you make here, Cavs Fan is a joke poster, he tries to twist what others say to make it sound bad, I wouldn't really take him serious. He thinks Clinton has a "Meltdown"? He adjectated, answered the question, and quite frankly, owned the **** out of him.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:00 AM   #34
pgm
I hit open layups
 
pgm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 115
pgm has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
False. Clinton was a liberal. Like I said he let polling do the thinking for him, so that may have masked many of his views but from dodging the draft, trying to establish a universal health care system that America didn't want, to fighting welfare reform tooth and nail, it is plainly obvious that Clinton was, is and will be a die-hard liberal. Even the last Ramsussen(sp) Poll concerning his ideology has twice as many Americans viewing him as a liberal versus a moderate.

66% of Americans viewing Clinton as a liberal (as opposed to moderate) does not sound like that high of a percentage. I would guess 95% of Americans would view Bush as a conservative (statistic pulled out of my ass).

Dodging the draft is hardly a liberal position consider how many in the Bush adminstration tried to avoid service in Vietnam (not intended to be a shot, merely a point about assigning political ideology based on this particular issue). Kerry faught in Vietnam and there isn't much doubt in my mind that he's a liberal (based on his voting record).

Many Americans are interested in a Universal Health Care system. If Clinton did nothing but rely on polls, he would have not pushed for something that "America didn't want".

He leaned to the left, for sure, but he wasn't really a true liberal.

Quote:
It's CSPAN you paranoid phuck, not Fox News They established the historian panel. What are they a right wing funded group now too? The same panel rated him as the fifth best president for economic management, yep they sound pretty right wing to me.

Just out of curriosity, who are the 4 above him (in economics)?

Clinton's morality was not good, by any means, but his failing was a personal issue (ie adultary with ugly interns). Clinton did not own slaves. He did not propose sending all blacks to Africa. He was not quoted in "Birth of a Nation" giving support to the KKK (calling them saviors of the South) and segregating Washington, while at the same time trying to promote "freedom in Europe" and even making statements supporting the NAACP. Clinton was not the first President to cheat on his wife. He simply had more effort going into exposing it, so he lied about it and was caught.
pgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:13 AM   #35
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Clevenada
Posts: 13,835
JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
I mention that Jennings was a Canadian and from that, you start babbling on about Canada's morality, gay marriage and abortion? I haven't heard such paranoid, nonsensical, rambling at the jaw in a long time. Obviously I pointed out that Jennings was a Canadian AND a liberal(not a liberal Canadian) to negate any comments on his objectivity, something I am sure many here feel about Fox News' Wallace.

You mention he was Canadian, irrelevant. But not really to your line of attack, it makes Jennings seem symplathetic to Clinton's 'liberalism'. You are so in tune with your double speak you cant even keep up.

the fact he is even mentioned in this thread, irrelevant

I never blabbered on about Canada's morality. I simply pointed out the fact that it is a lot more conservative than the right wing smear merchants lead the US public to believe. Canada has a conservative gov't BTW, but if that news became well known, or the fact that 20 Canandian soldiers died in Afghanistan last month the right wouldn't have the ace up their sleeve any longer that they could throw out there in debate as carelessly as you did.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
False. Clinton was a liberal. Like I said he let polling do the thinking for him, so that may have masked many of his views but from dodging the draft, trying to establish a universal health care system that America didn't want, to fighting welfare reform tooth and nail, it is plainly obvious that Clinton was, is and will be a die-hard liberal. Even the last Ramsussen(sp) Poll concerning his ideology has twice as many Americans viewing him as a liberal versus a moderate.

Ask the 47 million Americans who don't have health care if they want it.

draft dodging? He learn that from Bush?

'die-hard liberal' - more double speak. he may be center left at best and you throw out 'die hard'. Classic!

What would you call Nader (a real Liberal, much further left than Clinton)?





Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
It's CSPAN you paranoid phuck, not Fox News They established the historian panel. What are they a right wing funded group now too? The same panel rated him as the fifth best president for economic management, yep they sound pretty right wing to me.

methodology?

when was it done? At the height of his controversy?

You do realize that most polls are BS.






Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
"Conservatives have tainted this word"? You gotta be kidding me. It's the "liberals" insecurities in who they are which have "tainted" this word. If you are confident in who you are then no amount of labeling can hurt you. However if you slink away into the shadows when your ideology is brought up, then yeah, you are going to taint your ideals. How many "right wingers" or "conservatives" are ashamed when you call them on it? Hell they are proud of it. Pretty much says it all.

Okay, let me put it like this:

What if the word conservative was twisted through the media to mean the extreme, 'World is Flat', 'Kill People of Color and Non Christians', 'ARule the world with an iron fist', 'let the poor rot in the streets'. More conservatives would be uneasy with that label too. The media has made liberal out to be extreme. No one hides from the label, they jsut hate the way it has been chaged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
And did Bush ever try and stop the production of Fahrenheit 911? Nope. Did Clinton try and stop the airing of ABC's 9/11 movie? He threw a temper tantrum. That right there pretty much sums it up in how close to reality each of the 2 hit home and furthers Clinton's fragile ego legacy. Hell, Bush hasn't even spoken out against the film depicting his murder.

Bush tried at length to stop the movie you lying little piece of turd. They even tried to say it would effect the outcome of the election.

Clinton is still building his legacy by the way, and no matter how many times you guys try to knock him down, like Sunday with your lil beyotch boy Wallace, he comes out on top.

You guys cant stand him, never could because he continually makes you look bad.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan

99% would view Bush as autistic, but 0% would view Clinton as a nutcase? And I am biased? I'll leave you wallowing in your own hypocrisy on this one.

So Clinton is a nutcase then? I am the Hipocrite, i think i am right, Bush is retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
OJ "survived" his troubles too. I got about the same amount of respect for Clinton. He wouldn't have had to survive anything and wouldn't have had to be disbarred, impeached, found in contempt, pay out more court fines than any other US president, pay/silence women he sexually harassed/raped, if he just acted like a normal human being.

Clinton = OJ

Classic right wing dillusion.

You realize everything you say is pointed to convey a false image in people's minds...pathetic



Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
"Getting a hummer at work"

Nice gloss. Bring your momma over here and let me give her Clinton's version of getting a "hummer". Let's see how down you would be with that.

The board wouldn't let me type b-l-o-w job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
200,000? Are you idiots still sticking to that number just because it was the highest kill count you could find, nevermind that it came from some obscure Hindu-Muslim rag. I have a question for you, you dolt. If that 200,000 number was published in 2003, don't you idiots think you might want to start adding to it a little to make it a little more realistic?

No I just used the same empirical formula that those who went to war use, when Saddam first killed 50,000 then it went to 100,000, then 150,000, and now anywhere from 250,000 to 500,000...pathetic revisionist history.

The fact that the number is in the tens of thousands is beyond shameful, but here you are arguing about it...sick and twisted.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
Fighting for democracy has always been bloody. If good people and nations were afraid of war's collateral damage, the only people who would be in power would be authoritarian dictators and regimes.

Of course, Democracy...you are so full of shyt I can smell you from here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
No not really, I have better things to do than hear whiny ass, pompous fools such yourself try to enlighten the public on the evils of capitalism and patriotism when it is clearly obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense that you are simply in love with the sound of your own voices.

Never said word one about capitalism being bad

I cant hear my voice whne I type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
I do know America's favorability rating has fallen steadily(yes through the Clinton era as well) since the fall of the Soviet Union. It's just a case of resentment towards the unparalled top dog on the block.

A lot of people had much love for the USA after 9/11 and during the nineties.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:41 AM   #36
Cavs Fan
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
Cavs Fan has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Many Americans are interested in a Universal Health Care system. If Clinton did nothing but rely on polls, he would have not pushed for something that "America didn't want".

He leaned to the left, for sure, but he wasn't really a true liberal.

True, that was a case were he dipped his toe into unchartered territory, got badly burned, and retreated to his comfort zone



Quote:
Just out of curriosity, who are the 4 above him (in economics)?

Clinton's morality was not good, by any means, but his failing was a personal issue (ie adultary with ugly interns). Clinton did not own slaves. He did not propose sending all blacks to Africa. He was not quoted in "Birth of a Nation" giving support to the KKK (calling them saviors of the South) and segregating Washington, while at the same time trying to promote "freedom in Europe" and even making statements supporting the NAACP. Clinton was not the first President to cheat on his wife. He simply had more effort going into exposing it, so he lied about it and was caught.

I don't know who the four ahead of him were in economics. Jennings told Clinton in their interview that he was rated fifth among CSPAN's selected historians. Clinton seemed very pleased with this. PJ then told Clinton that he was rated 2nd to last in moral authority and that's were he lost it and started issuing threats. I am watching CSI right now, but I am sure you can easily find the CSPAN historian data by googling it.

I am guessing that the historian's interpretation of moral authority was based on ethics of the times, and not revisionist ideals.

If Clinton's problems were limited to just adultery, his image would have fared much better but the fact rape and sexual harrassment surrounded at least 3 of them women he was with definitely made things worse. The wagging of his finger at America in conjured up anger while lything through his teeth didn't help matters much either.
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:58 AM   #37
pgm
I hit open layups
 
pgm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 115
pgm has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
True, that was a case were he dipped his toe into unchartered territory, got badly burned, and retreated to his comfort zone

He got burned because he did not have the support of Congress. His "comfort zone" are where most of his policies came from. There were only a few issues where Clinton was particularly liberal.

Quote:
I don't know who the four ahead of him were in economics. Jennings told Clinton in their interview that he was rated fifth among CSPAN's selected historians. Clinton seemed very pleased with this. PJ then told Clinton that he was rated 2nd to last in moral authority and that's were he lost it and started issuing threats. I am watching CSI right now, but I am sure you can easily find the CSPAN historian data by googling it.

Later. I'm pretty busy now (why am I responding now, anyway?)

Quote:
I am guessing that the historian's interpretation of moral authority was based on ethics of the times, and not revisionist ideals.

Fair enough. Even so, Kennedy cheated on his wife just as much. Woodrow Wilson promised to help blacks, but segregated Washington more. He called the KKK saviors of the South. I guess that would be revisionist ideals, but he probably shouldn't have made one statement to get the black vote (the first Democrat to win the black vote), but then go completely against his word.
pgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:04 AM   #38
Cavs Fan
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
Cavs Fan has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
You mention he was Canadian, irrelevant. But not really to your line of attack, it makes Jennings seem symplathetic to Clinton's 'liberalism'. You are so in tune with your double speak you cant even keep up.

the fact he is even mentioned in this thread, irrelevant

I never blabbered on about Canada's morality. I simply pointed out the fact that it is a lot more conservative than the right wing smear merchants lead the US public to believe. Canada has a conservative gov't BTW, but if that news became well known, or the fact that 20 Canandian soldiers died in Afghanistan last month the right wouldn't have the ace up their sleeve any longer that they could throw out there in debate as carelessly as you did.



You were babbling then, you are babbling now. 20 soldiers dead in Afghanistan? Right wing smear merchants? Come one, keep your sh.t in line.

Quote:
Ask the 47 million Americans who don't have health care if they want it.

All Americans are entitled to some form of health care. Hell even the illegal aliens aren't denied health care if it is necessary. Most of Americans like myself are covered by some of the best health care the world has to offer. Certain things like prescription drugs being so expensive could be better, but hey no system is perfect.

Quote:
Okay, let me put it like this:

What if the word conservative was twisted through the media to mean the extreme, 'World is Flat', 'Kill People of Color and Non Christians', 'ARule the world with an iron fist', 'let the poor rot in the streets'. More conservatives would be uneasy with that label too. The media has made liberal out to be extreme. No one hides from the label, they jsut hate the way it has been chaged.

Depending on which study you want to cite anywhere from 5-10 times as many media members consider themselves liberal versus conservative. It wasn't the media who twisted the "L" word, it was liberal's insecurity of how mainstream America view's their extreme ideals. Conservatives saw blood in the water when liberals tried to shy away of bringing their true values to light instead standing tall and being proud of what they represent.

Quote:

Bush tried at length to stop the movie you lying little piece of turd. They even tried to say it would effect the outcome of the election.


Stop being such a b.tch puppet. Moore stated that "someone connected to the White House" and a "top Republican" tried to postpone the release of his film but never provided any evidence to back that up. Show me the evidence of where the White House tried to stop that film. Until then I can only assume that you are one of many, Moore has dangling by the strings.

Quote:
Clinton is still building his legacy by the way, and no matter how many times you guys try to knock him down, like Sunday with your lil beyotch boy Wallace, he comes out on top.

If Clinton is confident of his stature and legacy, then how come he falls all over himself everytime some interviewer doesn't throw him a softball question?


Quote:
No I just used the same empirical formula that those who went to war use, when Saddam first killed 50,000 then it went to 100,000, then 150,000, and now anywhere from 250,000 to 500,000...pathetic revisionist history.

The fact that the number is in the tens of thousands is beyond shameful, but here you are arguing about it...sick and twisted.


So now there is potentially half a mil dead? There are tens of thousands sure, we carpet bombed uniformed infantry by the thousands. How do these guys get thrown into "innocent" status? And right now, just as it has been for thousands of years, their are umpteens more times people being killed by Arab-on-Arab violence than anything else, at least the US is trying to stop it.

Quote:
A lot of people had much love for the USA after 9/11 and during the nineties.

Bullcrap, the USA's popularity has nosedived ever since the end of the Cold War. I heard some statistics the other day on NPR(yes I listen to NPR) , where in 1998 65% of England considered the USA a bully, an even higher percentage in France and Germany, and 83% of Israel at the time did not view the USA in a favorable light. The fact that Bush refused to go along with the Kyoto Protocol in 2001(?) pissed Europe off even more.

Even if Clinton held a 4th consecutive term and we never went into Iraq, we would still be be unpopular to most of the world and Islamic fundamentalists would still be trying to kill us. Until China emerges on the world's stage as a player of the USA's magnitude, we will have a target on our backs
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:13 AM   #39
reppy
Apparently likes anime
 
reppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,183
reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default

The problems with Path to 9/11 are:

1) ABC/Disney said it would not get involved in politics and refused to distribute Fahrenheit 911. Yet, Path to 9/11 is somehow fine to air on TV.
2) The movie was supposed to be based on 9/11 Commission Report. It contained scenes that never occured. A few of them were removed (negative scenes with Clinton that never occured), but some of them were kept in (positive scenes with Bush that never occured).

Quote:
Depending on which study you want to cite anywhere from 5-10 times as many media members consider themselves liberal versus conservative. It wasn't the media who twisted the "L" word, it was liberal's insecurity of how mainstream America view's their extreme ideals. Conservatives saw blood in the water when liberals tried to shy away of bringing their true values to light instead standing tall and being proud of what they represent.

Doesn't matter if they consider themselves liberal or conservative. Their actions are what determine their status. You can't call yourself a conservative and then support government spying on all American citizens. Just like you can't call yourself a liberal and support nuking all of the Middle East.

Seriously, look at the scandals Clinton was accused of compared to the scandals Bush has been accused of:

1) Affair(s) -- who cares. It's his personal life. $100 million was spent investigating Monica. Almost 1/10th that was spent investigating 9/11.
2) Murder -- Vince Foster
3) Whitewater -- Clintons lost money on the deal.
4) Various other miscellaneous accusations. Basically he was accused of having a hand in every single murder and/or drug deal that went down in the state of Arkansas.

Compare to what you could accuse Bush of:

1) Criminal negligence in the months leading up to 9/11
2) Wire tapping American citizens without a warrant
3) Torturing prisoners. Prisoners that did not receive a trial and in a few cases, were released when it was realized (a year later) that they had the wrong person.
4) Lying about Iraq's WMD capabilities.
5) Failing to capture bin Laden
6) Theft of the vote. Bypassing the system that keeps America democratic, the people's vote, by halting a recount of votes in Florida. Why be afraid of letting the people's voice be heard loud and clear? Instead, he did a very "democratic" thing: he went to a court and had them stop the recount. Gosh, that sounds like something one of those ACLU-loving liberals would do..

Indeed, the "liberal" media spent much more time running special after special about Whitewater than they did NSA wiretapping Americans. Or secret prisons. Let me know when the "liberal" media runs a special "Is the media too pro-war?" Because I always see the "Is the media too anti-war?" arguments out there. It's like this self-flaggelation the media does to appease right wing maniacs that have it in their head that the media is liberal because Hollywood likes gays or something.

Quote:
The fact that Bush refused to go along with the Kyoto Protocol in 2001(?) pissed Europe off even more.

Yeah laugh it up buddy. You won't think it's so funny when all your kids have asthma and you can't stand out in the sun for more than 15 minutes.

Quote:
Even if Clinton held a 4th consecutive term and we never went into Iraq, we would still be be unpopular to most of the world and Islamic fundamentalists would still be trying to kill us. Until China emerges on the world's stage as a player of the USA's magnitude, we will have a target on our backs

Part of that is because.. well.. get this.. he's not a liberal. None of these supposed "liberals" in the government are actually liberals. So long as America continues to support Israel's ILLEGAL OCCUPATION of Palestinian territories, we're going to have Islamic terrorists that hate us. Our great friend and ally, Israel, dropped atleast 100,000 CLUSTER BOMBS on Lebanon in the final 3-4 days of the conflict, AFTER A UN RESOLUTION HAD BEEN REACHED. Who is a cluster bomb more likely to kill: a Hezbollah fighter, or an unsuspecting child?

Who provides those weapons? America does. The "liberals" do. And then we we wonder why the hate us! Must be our freedom!

Also if Clinton had a 4th term, we might have been able to prevent 9/11. Bush sat around with a thumb up his ass the first 9 months of his presidency. The adminstration simply refused to listen ("bin Laden determined to strike in US",1 month before 9/11). Bush wanted to pin 9/11 on Saddam from the start. PNAC needed a new Pearl Harbor to start their new road map for the Middle East.

Quote:
"The national representatives of the social conservative movement used to be sophisticated and tolerant. Today, they are sophomoric and angry." - D1ck Armey

That D1ck Armey quote sums you up fairly nice. Ease off the ad hominen attacks. They do nothing to bolster your argument. Only make you look like a hothead.

You want to know who a real liberal is? Someone like Noam Chomsky. He's a real liberal. Ralph Nader.. He's a real liberal. Liberals are anti-corporation. Anti-war. They don't support NAFTA and WTO. Nader and Chomsky are two of my favorite people, too.

(Before someone misconstrues "anti-corporation", you need to understand what a corporation is and how it operates. Liberals have no problem with BUSINESSES or CAPITALISM.)

Last edited by reppy : 09-27-2006 at 03:19 AM.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:43 PM   #40
pgm
I hit open layups
 
pgm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 115
pgm has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
All Americans are entitled to some form of health care. Hell even the illegal aliens aren't denied health care if it is necessary. Most of Americans like myself are covered by some of the best health care the world has to offer. Certain things like prescription drugs being so expensive could be better, but hey no system is perfect.

Illegal immigrants are entitled to "emergency hospitalization"; e.g. child birth.

A National Health Care system is not a bad idea. It's a way for the government to protect it's least fortunate citizens. As long as there is a way to pay for it without significantly raising taxes, cutting from another important field, or engaging in severe budget deficits, there is nothing wrong with a National Health Care system.

Quote:
If Clinton is confident of his stature and legacy, then how come he falls all over himself everytime some interviewer doesn't throw him a softball question?

Clinton was annoyed because he was told the questions would be about humanitarian efforts. Although I think in some ways his flip-out was to show Democrats have a spine (i.e. I think the reaction may have been pre-planned). I've heard him answer that question on more than one occassion before in a calm and peaceful manner.
pgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:14 PM   #41
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,866
tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Fighting for democracy has always been bloody. If good people and nations were afraid of war's collateral damage, the only people who would be in power would be authoritarian dictators and regimes.

So is that why we went to war with Iraq, to spread democracy? Funny i thought it was because they had WMD's and ties to Al Qaeda.

I guess the next step is to declare war on China, North Korea and all other countries that aren't democracies.

Last edited by tontoz : 09-27-2006 at 04:18 PM.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:50 PM   #42
gigantes
A piece of fluff
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,238
gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

cavs_fan, regardless of the back-and-forth on various points you make a fatal fundamental mistake- clinton is hardly a representative of the average liberal and you only look like a dumbass by trying to paint him that way.

the only person who looks like 'an hysterical ape pounding his fists on the ground' is you for cow-towing to propaganda. like the average conservative, at heart you believe there is something 'great' about the way this country was founded on lies and deceit and that minorities like blacks, hispanics and recent immigrants should not be shown the clemency that the original immigrants to this country were shown.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy