Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-24-2006, 04:14 PM   #166
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Big step-up game for Grossman. Huge showdown for the Bears against the Seahawks next week.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:15 PM   #167
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Bears have not had a dominant QB....ever.

He might be good, but he's not dominant...he's no Manning, Vick, McNabb or Carson...don't believe the hype. He has one of the most underrated receivers in the game, in Muhsin.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:20 PM   #168
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Im going by what hes done this year. Im pretty sure before this game he was the highest rated QB and he had like 280 and a TD. By Bear QB standards thats amazing. And im talking more about what he can become if he keeps this up. Hes on pace for like 4400/35+ TDs. Which I dont expect. But like I said....it shows signs.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:22 PM   #169
West-Side
Decent college freshman

He played TWO weak teams, today he played against a solid defense....and threw 2 INTs, yeah he did his thing in the 4th...but it's just 3 games, and 2 of them were against weak opponents...he's not a top 10 QB in this game, and to me personally...it takes ONE full season before I give players their props. Not 3 games...
Old 09-24-2006, 04:23 PM   #170
dak121
College superstar

Mark Brunell (who still sucks) went 22/22 before throwing his first incomplete pass today against the Texans.

My question is where was Mario Williams to apply some pressure on him? He had better get it going before people start calling him a bust. Passing on Reggie Bush is getting more costly for them every game.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:25 PM   #171
West-Side
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Passing on Reggie Bush is getting more costly for them every game.

Yeah, unless you have a Julius Peppers in the draft you do not let Bush go....he's a game break. It'll take Mario atleast one year to get his act together, I expected 4-5 sacks from him, rookie year.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:26 PM   #172
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So you didnt give Steve Smith credit as an elite reciever until the start of this season? He had a good year 3 years ago but hardly elite. But he was one of the best in the game from week 1 last year. It doesnt really take a full year to prove you have something.

Not like im calling Rex John Elway. Hes just showing signs of being a great QB. And has had a great great start.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:28 PM   #173
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

Rex can be a great, great QB no doubt. He has all the tools to be among the elite QBs in the NFL, guys like Brady, McNabb, Palmer, and Manning.

He just has to prove it, the talent has been there (and obvious) since he was a Gator, but he has to keep on doing what he has been doing.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:30 PM   #174
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
He might be good, but he's not dominant...he's no Manning, Vick, McNabb or Carson...don't believe the hype. He has one of the most underrated receivers in the game, in Muhsin.

Good for him, most great QBs have good WRs. Carson has 3 of them, Manning 2 of them, McNabb has 1 and maybe 2 if Brown steps up like it.

It isn't like he has to be Brady and go out there with a bunch of #2 WRs and get it done, having Mushin shouldnt take away from what he is doing.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:30 PM   #175
dak121
College superstar

Grossman just needs to stay healthy first. Next week will be the first time in his career that he will be playing a game in October.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:31 PM   #176
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

What I love is the same thing I love about Delhomme. Hes got that swagger. I love a cocky QB with that "Dont give a ****" vibe coming off him. Its inspirational. Its why I like Chris Simms too. Hes got to get some things together though.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:32 PM   #177
West-Side
Decent college freshman

Exactly, when Smith went down against GB for the year....I thought he was a good receiver....last season I was hoping for some signs, I definitely didn't think he'll make the pro-bowl last season...and it was about week 12 where I started considering him an elite receiver.

You're going to sit there and tell me Rex is a great QB when Chicago was entering the year wondering about their Qb situation? Last season he didn't do anything special, so he has no credibility...Smith HAD credibility because of his play in the superbowl and the 2003 season....Rex played TWO weak teams, and now barely beats Minnesota...you're basically telling me, you're giving the man his props for entering week 3 as the highest rated QB after playing two weak teams.

I agree, Rex is looking pretty good...but it took me awhile before I put Smith in the elite group...1 full season and a half to be exact. You can say Rex is a good QB, I'll agree there...but calling someone dominant after 3 weeks, and two of those games were against Detroit? I just had a giggle.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:34 PM   #178
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
and now barely beats Minnesota...

Whats wrong with Minnesota?? They play well together and a win over them I'm sure the coach is thinking as a big positive, dont get me wrong, I'm not a big Vikings fan but theyre starting to shape up and are looking good with one of the best kickers in the league
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:35 PM   #179
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

7-0 Seattle. We own.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:35 PM   #180
West-Side
Decent college freshman

If Rex throws for 300 yards and 3 TDs against SD or Baltimore, then you can call him dominant...that would be a big feat, Minnesota's defense is NOT that great....it's good, between 10-15 in the league.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: