Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 01-28-2009, 09:05 PM   #16
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Re: F*ck Andrew Bynum

I won't argue. I could be wrong about Bynum as far as feeling apologetic, etc. I didn't realize Bynum is so young. But he has poor role models. I hope he develops some character.

Thanks for the comments B4E.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:18 PM   #17
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Bynum has been in the league for what, 3 years? 3 years (207 GP, 121 GS) is an awful lot of experience. Sorry, his "lack" (?!?!) of experience is no excuse for a cheap shot like that.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:31 PM   #18
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
No YOU shut up. SoCal is one of the classiest posters on this site and had a very valid point (whether you believe it or not).

SoCal people are so quick to forget Bynum is only 21. That's a very young age whether it be in sports or in real life and we all know 21 year olds, or younger people in general, don't always make the right decisions. I agree with what you say about AB not intentionally trying to hurt Gerald. I'm sure he will apologize to Gerald (or at least I hope). I think people should withhold judgement about AB's character because he does not have a past of this kind of behavior. Now of course if he does something of this nature again, I think there is cause for concern. But until then, i'm not going to sit here and hate him because he made one bad decision. (And yes, i'm prepared to get lectured by OWL )

thanks for having my back, six pack cat.. you are a class act and a good man. i appreciate you embracing my participation here.

there is a news update... the league will indeed be formally reviewing the foul Bynum did on wallace... so lets see what the result will be. i hope that he does not get punished, but if he did violate league rules, then i would imagine he deserves to be suspended.

source: League will review Andrew Bynum's flagrant foul

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:31 PM   #19
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
Bynum has been in the league for what, 3 years? 3 years (207 GP, 121 GS) is an awful lot of experience. Sorry, his "lack" (?!?!) of experience is no excuse for a cheap shot like that.

Well he did apologize to LB and wants to apologize in person to Crash. So maybe it's just time to let it go.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #20
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn

when i say that he lacks experience, i mean that his organized basketball experience prior to joining the lakers was very limited given where he is today. if you read history on him, he did not play much high school ball or organized league ball and poof, he ended up being drafted by the lakers in the first round.

most nba players have extensive high school and league play and usually some amount of college ball to give them experience. bynum does not have that and is learning much on the job and with a great coach in kareem.

again, i am not defending the foul... it was a bad foul plain and simple. i am defending the motive in saying that i don't think it was malicious. there is a difference and i think the difference matters. (ultimately, i could be proven wrong and it turns out that he does not have good character.... only time will tell)

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:13 PM   #21
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Doesn't really help us against Portland tonight does it? F*ck Bynum and his apologists. I'm not over it yet.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:14 PM   #22
Talent
High school junior varsity star

Talent has an OK reputation so far

It is very hard to not be angry at Bynum mostly due to the fact Charlotte for the first time ever has a legitimate chance to make the playoffs. It was a very hard foul that took out our best player. Imagine if this was done to LeBron, Bryant, or Howard. How many people would be out for blood than?
Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #23
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

You can call it inexperience, you can call it a cheap shot, whatever. Here are the facts.

It's late in the game, Bobcats are up by 5. Wallace is driving to the hoop for an easy highlight dunk. The only guy in his way is Bynum. What do you do?

You don't ****ing take your ****ing elbow and thrust it into someone's rib cage. You are a 7 foot tall beast. You have the strength of 2 average men. There's no excuse for such a stupid play. This could very well be the reason we don't make the playoffs. Just as everything was going so well.

So yes, **** Andrew Bynum. If he had any sense about him, he'd had gone down to Wallace's level while he was writhing in pain and apologized and tried to help in any way. But no, he's a punk. I lost a lot of respect for that whole team.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:18 PM   #24
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
You can call it inexperience, you can call it a cheap shot, whatever. Here are the facts.

It's late in the game, Bobcats are up by 5. Wallace is driving to the hoop for an easy highlight dunk. The only guy in his way is Bynum. What do you do?

You don't ****ing take your ****ing elbow and thrust it into someone's rib cage. You are a 7 foot tall beast. You have the strength of 2 average men. There's no excuse for such a stupid play. This could very well be the reason we don't make the playoffs. Just as everything was going so well.

So yes, **** Andrew Bynum. If he had any sense about him, he'd had gone down to Wallace's level while he was writhing in pain and apologized and tried to help in any way. But no, he's a punk. I lost a lot of respect
for that whole team.

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #25
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Here it is in black and blue on white, right direct from ISH's rumors page which quotes the Los Angeles Times:

In recent games, Bynum has committed several hard fouls. He fouled Cleveland's LeBron James hard enough in game last week that the Cavaliers forward got up and glared at Bynum. Bynum wasn't called for a flagrant foul. LA Times

(OWL here: Hey AB--there's nothing fragrant about flagrant. It stinks. No matter how you spell it or excuse it.)
Old 01-29-2009, 04:53 PM   #26
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Hey guys. All I can say is Drew is still an idiot kid who lives with his mom and does nothing but play video games at home. He probably eats snack packs for lunch and drinks hi-c. He's like a big oaf who doesn't know what he's doing, think Lenny from Of Mice and Men. Its terrible Wallace got injured that bad, I know he's a great player, hell I wanted to trade for him this season.

Any of us Laker fans who see Drew in practice and interviews every day know he's not the kind of kid who would intentionally hurt someone like that. I know if a young player on your team had taken out Kobe i'd pissed too, but you have to understand that Drew isnt an a-hole, he's just a moron. Hopefully he'll learn from this and avoid taking these kinds of fouls in the future.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #27
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Hey guys. All I can say is Drew is still an idiot kid who lives with his mom and does nothing but play video games at home. He probably eats snack packs for lunch and drinks hi-c. He's like a big oaf who doesn't know what he's doing, think Lenny from Of Mice and Men. Its terrible Wallace got injured that bad, I know he's a great player, hell I wanted to trade for him this season.

Any of us Laker fans who see Drew in practice and interviews every day know he's not the kind of kid who would intentionally hurt someone like that. I know if a young player on your team had taken out Kobe i'd pissed too, but you have to understand that Drew isnt an a-hole, he's just a moron. Hopefully he'll learn from this and avoid taking these kinds of fouls in the future.

We already take out Kobe every time we play the Lakers without hurting anything except his pride...

I guess that the proof of Drew's (I didn't know who you were referring to at first! Silly me.) maturing will be evident as the season goes on.

Love your descriptiveness. Maybe you'll want a job once Rick Bonnell retires in a few weeks. Oh I forgot--that job is being held safely for Timmeh once ECU is done with him.

:

(See, B4E. I know how to do something else other than lecture. I know how to laugh at myself when I'm pretty darned funny.)
Old 01-29-2009, 06:02 PM   #28
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I think we've moved past the debate whether or not the foul was an act of violence or stupidity. We've established he's a ****ing moron.

If you're that stupid, you don't need to play as much as Bynum does. This is partly on Phil Jackson. He needs to realize that no matter how good the kid may be, if he's no smarter than the wood that he runs on he doesn't need to play a whole lot.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:25 PM   #29
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

This whole argument reminds me of the back-and-forth after the Gerald Henderson vs. Tyler Hansbrough's Nose bout.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #30
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Not sure what this means besides the NBA won't suspend Bynum for the foul b/c he is a Laker.

From the Charlotte Observer
Quote:
The foul that sent Gerald Wallace to a Los Angeles hospital has been upgraded by the NBA to the more-serious Flagrant 2 designation.

That means Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum should have been ejected for his hip-check and thrown elbow in Tuesday’s Charlotte Bobcats victory.

Wallace suffered a collapsed lung and broken rib and could miss a couple of weeks. The incident happened with about two minutes left in the fourth quarter. Wallace had to be helped from the court, and the Bobcats ultimately won the game in double-overtime.

Flagrant-2 fouls, described by the league as "unnecessary and excessive contact committed by a player against an opponent’’ are fairly rare

only six such penalties have been assessed this season.

Bynum already committed a Flagrant-1 in December against the Sacramento Kings. Under a points-penalty system established by the NBA (1 point for a Flagrant-1, 2 for a Flagrant-2), Bynum will be automatically suspended for a game, should he exceed five points this season.

Last edited by Timmeh : 01-29-2009 at 07:53 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: