Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 01-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Phoenix Sun(k)s

As I sit here watching us get blown out by the Charlotte Bobcats, I find myself wondering if this is the time to blow it up. I don't care how we go to the playoffs or how we win a title. I love a lot of the Suns players but my allegience is to the team not the players. I have been totally against the trading of Amar'e Stoudamire for a long time now. Now I am not so sure, if Kerr is going to build this team in his image or the image that he wants then maybe it is time for him to start completing what it is he is trying to do. Today on Doug and Wolf (KTAR AM RADIO PHX) they were talking about why D'Antoni didn't hold Amar'e accountable on D-Fence, and that maybe it was because D'Antoni knew Amar'e would never be a good defensive player. And now I am beginning to think that he will never be one either. His rebounding has been horrendous, worse than usual.

I also say it is time to move Nash, get what we can for him. find a good point guard that can play in Porters system. it is clear that Nash is struggling to find himself in this style of play. Also get rid of Barbosa already, he can't play the point, too small to play the 2 and is too streaky to be trusted. He can put up some good #'s but I think the luster of the Brazillian blur is gone.

Hopefully we can keep JRich, and keep him as part of the new Suns. Shaq will probably play out his last years of his current contract with the Suns before leaving.

Now is the time to start thinking realistically about the future, the 7 seconds or less era is over and there are to many pieces from that era on the current Suns. We are in limbo and suffering every moment we don't move on from our past. it was a good run and as sad as I am to realize that it is indeed over, it is over. That being said, it's time for the Suns management to come out and be truthful about it and start making deals to make this team what it is that they want. Planet Orange is sick and suffering time to inject us with a new formula.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:21 PM   #2
DouXer4ouR
RunAndGunSuns

DouXer4ouR has decent reputation
Default Re: Phoenix Sun(k)s

Worst game I've ever seen. This is not the PHX Suns I know. No effort, no motivation. That was terrible.
DouXer4ouR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:40 AM   #3
kap
Great young streetballer

kap has decent reputation

the trade of marion was the start of disaster. not only do they suck now, they were atleast fun to watch when marion n dantoni were in phx.
kap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:53 AM   #4
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

fair enough but that is done and over and that was a sign of things to come. the owners want a Spurs calibur team. slow it down and grind it out. but they are taking their sweet time about it because they know how much PHX (and to a degree a lot of other fans) loved that style. that style is gone now and so be it. but do not make us some pi$$ poor team, make the moves and mold the team. 7 seconds or less is dead. Fans and management alike need to move this along, fans emotionally and management personell wise. We will never work as a ferrarri in a Diesle 4X4 pick up truck.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:19 PM   #5
nmsunsfan
I airball my layups

nmsunsfan has an OK reputation so far

I try hard not to filp flop from game to game... so I'm not putting much weight on tonights win, but I disagree on the whole blow it up thing. Even though I hate some of porters decisions, I think he can get better as they all figure some stuff out. They are learning. I agree that SSOL is gone, but they still have some serious weapons.

I hate the "stand around and throw the ball at shaq for the whole game" offense, just as much as anyone, but I do think it is awesome that they can finally play that way when needed.

More high pick and roll with amare, mixed with more back screens for j-rich would be awesome IMO. Then they can move more heavily to the post game later when things slow down.

I hope everyone stays healthy and management leaves everything alone. I want to see what these guys can do when they realize how good they really are.
nmsunsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #6
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

nash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I agree with the above post. I'm in love with our suns, slowing down like they are. They have lots of good pieces and they have everything they need to win games...i think they just have to fit them together. They're learning to play this style still. If this season doesnt work out at all, then there will be time to re-build over the off-season.
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:44 AM   #7
mamba24
read this you homer

mamba24 has decent reputationmamba24 has decent reputation
Exclamation Re: Phoenix Sun(k)s

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash4eva!gosuns
I agree with the above post. I'm in love with our suns, slowing down like they are. They have lots of good pieces and they have everything they need to win games...i think they just have to fit them together. They're learning to play this style still. If this season doesnt work out at all, then there will be time to re-build over the off-season.

I say go for the kill...Shaq and nash will have another year after this.
Amare is not Playing well....

I can see a trade that should benefit both teams...

Amare for Dirk Nowitzki....

Dirk and Nash are buddies...Dirk can play the perimeter giving shaq his space...Dirk is definately a better defender compared to Amare....he may not block shots but he stays on his man.

Reason Mark Cuban may do this is cause the Mavs need to get younger and frankly they suck more than the suns.

Shaq
Dirk
Grant Hill
J-Rich
Nash

with J-kidd expiring in dallas maybe he can join the suns next year and split time with Nash at the point...2 of the best old generation PG's on one team.

Shaq has been amazing...hes not a washout and is still productive for his age...he truely is a legend.

Nash...well hes still an assist machine...

Yest in the game...Amare let Antawn put up 13 points in the 1st quarter...yes the suns won but it could have been a blowout from the start....
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
drummer44
Can barely lace up my sneakers

drummer44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba24
I say go for the kill...Shaq and nash will have another year after this.
Amare is not Playing well....

I can see a trade that should benefit both teams...

Amare for Dirk Nowitzki....

Dirk and Nash are buddies...Dirk can play the perimeter giving shaq his space...Dirk is definately a better defender compared to Amare....he may not block shots but he stays on his man.

Reason Mark Cuban may do this is cause the Mavs need to get younger and frankly they suck more than the suns.

Shaq
Dirk
Grant Hill
J-Rich
Nash

with J-kidd expiring in dallas maybe he can join the suns next year and split time with Nash at the point...2 of the best old generation PG's on one team.

Shaq has been amazing...hes not a washout and is still productive for his age...he truely is a legend.

Nash...well hes still an assist machine...

Yest in the game...Amare let Antawn put up 13 points in the 1st quarter...yes the suns won but it could have been a blowout from the start....

I could see that working but only in the very short term.

I think that Dirk is a choke in the playoffs. Plus, he's on the downside of his career. I do like the idea of his outside shooting though, but I'm not sure he'sthe answer. Amare can shoot, they just don't put him out there because they need boards. Plus, since other defenses suck into the paint defensively, that leaves more open shots on the perimeter when Shaq and Amare have to be double teamed. To be honest, I'm not sure what the better option is. If Amare would get his head out of his butt and hustle consitently, we'd be just fine.

I do think they need to go to JRich more in the up tempo game. Ten minutes a game of Nash, Barbs, JRich, Hill or Barnes and Amare in an up tempo game should definately be utilized every game. Anytime we need a spark in the 2nd half I'd go to that lineup.
drummer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: