Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 01-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Will they make an NBA regular rotation?

Here's the rules: For a "yes" answer, that means the player will have a minimum of 8 seasons in the NBA, and should be a 15+ mpg player. For a "no" answer, that most likely means they won't get drafted, will spend their career in the D-League or overseas, or will make a career as a "DNP-Coach's Decisoin".

Jack McClinton, Senior, Miami- 18.4 ppg/3.1 apg/3.2 rpg/46 fg%/45 3fg%

Luke Harongody, Junior, Notre Dame- 25.0 ppg/13.3 rpg/2.1 apg/1.2 spg/1.1 bpg/48 fg%

Seth Curry, Freshman, Liberty- 20.5 ppg/4.0 rpg/2.0 apg/1.4 spg/44 fg%/38 3fg%

Greivis Vasquez, Junior, Maryland- 16.4 ppg/5.7 rpg/4.7 apg/1.5 spg/38.6 fg%/31 3fg%

Lee Cummard, Senior, BYU- 17.0 ppg/6.1 rpg/3.4 apg/55 fg%/42 3fg%

Eric Maynor, Senior, VCU- 22.7 ppg/6.0 apg/3.5 rpg/1.7 spg/47 fg%/40 3fg%

Mike Rosario, Freshman, Rutgers- 17.2 ppg/1.4 apg/3.4 rpg/1.1 spg/40 fg%/30 3fg%
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Will they make an NBA regular rotation?

McClinton is alot smaller than I thought. I thought he was at least 6'3. Either way, the guy can really fill it up but he's a bit streaky. I think if guys like Abrams and McClinton can find their way onto a championship contender like Daniel Gibson did a couple seasons ago, their value will rise.

Every time I think of Harangody and Hansbrough, I think of Josh McRoberts. Harangody will definitely get drafted but he's going to have to get into shape. He could be a good energy guy off the bench. I still doubt he lasts in the league.

Greis Vasquez....I love big point guards. The guy has great court vision and pretty much does it all on the court. His biggest problem is he's a bit cocky and lets his emotions get the best of him. I think he should stay in school one more year. He'll most likely be a second round pick this year but I think he can increase his stock with another year.

I haven't seen enough of the others to really determine.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #3
daydreamin
I airball my layups

daydreamin has an OK reputation so far

I think Maynor and Vasquez and maybe McClinton have a chance at playing consistently in the NBA.
daydreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:10 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Maynor's the only guy I believe in.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:34 AM   #5
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

Maynor is a yes for sure, Vasquez is a probably, and Harangody is kind of up in the air for me. I think Harangody could at least be as good as some of the other white PF like Scalabrine and Bonner, but if he is drafted by the wrong team and gets stuck overseas I could see him fading away and forgotten about.

I haven't see Rosario or Curry so I can't speak on them, but both seem like undersized SG. As freshman, though, I think they could be young enough to learn some point and get a shot.

Cummard and McClinton are interesting prospects, and both could get drafted, but I just don't see either being very productive in the NBA. I think both could make some rotations, but not for 8 years at 15+mpg.

And Mr. BBall, how is McRoberts anything like those two?

Last edited by monthh : 01-29-2009 at 02:39 AM.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:10 AM   #6
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
Maynor is a yes for sure, Vasquez is a probably, and Harangody is kind of up in the air for me. I think Harangody could at least be as good as some of the other white PF like Scalabrine and Bonner, but if he is drafted by the wrong team and gets stuck overseas I could see him fading away and forgotten about.

I haven't see Rosario or Curry so I can't speak on them, but both seem like undersized SG. As freshman, though, I think they could be young enough to learn some point and get a shot.

Cummard and McClinton are interesting prospects, and both could get drafted, but I just don't see either being very productive in the NBA. I think both could make some rotations, but not for 8 years at 15+mpg.

And Mr. BBall, how is McRoberts anything like those two?
Both are big time college players who like McRoberts will most likely fail in the NBA.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

McClinton has Randolph Childress written all over him to me. He's a solid player, but he's not big enough and doesn't have the right instincts for someone his size to be a solid rotation player in NBA. Although I think he does have a good career ahead of him in Europe (his game is almost tailor made for overseas).

Harongody I think is going to surprise some people. He'll probably end up measuring out to be about 6'7" or a little shorter, but he is such a good rebounder and he just keeps coming at you and doesn't stop, that I think he'll fight his way into an NBA rotation (I feel sort of the same way for a player like DaJaun Blair).

Eric Maynor is a guy that I'm really high on. Living in the DC area and having a number of friends who went to VCU, I've seen more of Maynor than anyone on this list, with the exception of maybe Vasquez (which might make a little biased, I also met the guy in the Charlotte airport during Thanksgiving his Sophomore season). Right now, I'd bet that he's going to be a high second round pick (or at least that's where I see him going in a lot of the mock drafts) and I feel he's going to make some GM feel extremely smart. He's the type of player that he does so much for his mid major team to succeed (kind of like Stephen Curry, but I don't think he's quite as good, although he has the advantage of being more of a point guard), he has to score and create for everyone on the team, that I'm curious to see how he plays with teammates that are of the same caliber as him.

I feel similar to Vasquez as I do with Maynor but I'm a little higher on Maynor. Vasquez is a more dynamic and fluid offensive player than Maynor, but he's not close to as good a defender and it seems to me that Maynor has this ability to step up his game when need be that I don't see in Vasquez.

I haven't seen enough of the other three guys to really make a fair assessment on them.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: