Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-11-2009, 01:43 AM   #1
spursdynasty420
Banned

spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default spurs now with the big 4

MATT RED ROCKET BONNER!!!!!

He has been on a tear lately

23 points 8 rebounds vs boston

23 points tonight vs nets. Bonner, who had his second best game as a pro Sunday by scoring 23 against Boston, was just as good against the Nets, going 8-for-10 from the field in helping San Antonio win for the 15th time in 19 games since the start of 2009. He was at his best in the opening minutes of the third quarter, hitting his first four shots, including three 3-pointers, in transforming a 54-51 halftime lead into a 73-59 edge.

he makes derek fisher cry

hes a manly man

THE PEOPLES CHAMP!!!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1207/...8ae0b6.jpg?v=0

matt bonner growling at jameer. thats one ginger I wouldnt mess with

gtfo YAO!!!

spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:48 AM   #2
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: spurs now with the big 4

He's been more aggressive lately, you can tell his body languague is completely different than it was at the beginning of the season when Popovich and his teammates had to yell at him for passing up easy shots and he was apologetic when he missed. He's a Lamar Odom type- plenty of talent but the confidence level fluctuates, so he has to stay aggressive, keep hitting the open shots, grabbing boards, hustling.... and the Spurs just might win championship #5.
DonDadda59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:48 AM   #3
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I had to check the poster name to see if this was going to be "lilbonner".
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:54 AM   #4
spursdynasty420
Banned

spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I had to check the poster name to see if this was going to be "lilbonner".

LOL I would love for someone to do that hahahha
Old 02-11-2009, 01:58 AM   #5
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

Yea Bonner's been huge lately. I love how Pop actually makes him shoot and gets mad if he doesnt shoot an open look.. he basically has the green light to shoot whenever he can no matter if its a bad night or not..

I notice if he's having a good game its pretty much over for any team the Spurs are playing. He's that important and a huge difference maker this year, along with Mason.

And props on that picture of him on the street.. he actually looks legit Maybe he should just wear baggier shorts or something in the NBA?
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:04 AM   #6
spursdynasty420
Banned

He is just so active on the court. He is literally EVERYWHERE he guards almost every player on the court at some point it seems like even if I dont want to be watching him somehow I find myself watching him because hes all over the screen. that and the hair
Old 02-11-2009, 02:21 AM   #7
ekzistenz
Decent playground baller

ekzistenz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
And props on that picture of him on the street.. he actually looks legit Maybe he should just wear baggier shorts or something in the NBA?

It's not the shorts, I'm pretty sure its the hat, covering up his ginger-vitis.
ekzistenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:22 AM   #8
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
Yea Bonner's been huge lately.

I don't think this forum is interested in how big it has been lately :)
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:33 AM   #9
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people

As a Raptor fan, I'm happy to see him doing well and contributing to a championship contending team. I always liked him when he was in Toronto and who can forget when he got into it with KG lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puXDg637X10
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:57 AM   #10
spursdynasty420
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
As a Raptor fan, I'm happy to see him doing well and contributing to a championship contending team. I always liked him when he was in Toronto and who can forget when he got into it with KG lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puXDg637X10

He would make KG crumble in a fight
Old 02-11-2009, 03:10 AM   #11
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

I like his game. Dude is legit.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:14 AM   #12
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

dude has been a nice mid season fantasy pickup for me.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:59 PM   #13
spursdynasty420
Banned

Mason says Bonner got robbed with 3-point snub
Jeff McDonald

BOSTON — Spurs guard Roger Mason Jr. is happy the NBA chose him to participate in the 3-point shootout during All-Star Weekend later this month. He just wishes he had some more company from San Antonio.

In the days leading up to the selection, Mason campaigned for center Matt Bonner — he of the league's second-best 3-point percentage — to join him.

There is no precedent for two players from the same team competing in the same 3-point contest, so perhaps it wasn't so surprising that, when the field was announced last week, Bonner's name was not listed.

“I think he deserved to be in it just as much as anybody,” Mason said. “I would have loved for them to have two Spurs in there.”

Set to join Mason in Phoenix are two-time winner Jason Kopono of Toronto, Indiana's Danny Granger, Orlando's Rashard Lewis, Atlanta's Mike Bibby and Miami's Daequan Cook.

Cook's inclusion is the real head-scratcher. At the time of his selection, he ranked 31st in 3-point percentage.

Bonner, who is shooting 48.9 percent from beyond the arc, has accepted his snub in typical Bonner fashion. He jokes that he will stage some sort of protest at All-Star Weekend, which he says may or may not involve streaking.

When told such an act of uncivil disobedience might negate him from consideration from future contests, Bonner laughed.

“They're never going to invite me anyway,” he said.

Mason, though disappointed for Bonner, will not be shooting under protest. He will be just the fifth Spurs player to participate in the contest, joining Dale Ellis (1994), Chuck Person (1995), Terry Porter (2000) and Steve Smith (2002), and hopes to become the first Spurs player to win it.

All aboard: Barring something unforeseen, today's game should mark the first meeting between the Spurs and Celtics with each team's Big Three intact.

Boston's Kevin Garnett and the Spurs' Tony Parker each sat out the Celtics' victory in Boston last season. Celtics guard Ray Allen, meanwhile, missed his team's win in San Antonio.

Tim Duncan, one of four players Spurs coach Gregg Popovich held out of Tuesday's loss at Denver, joked that he's not sure he will be in the starting lineup in Boston.

“I hope to be, but there are no guarantees,” Duncan said. “There were some things said to Pop during the Denver game, and I don't think he appreciated it.”
Old 02-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #14
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

He has an effortless shot and the easiest job in the NBA. I'd do anything just to rebound and shoot all day.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:47 PM   #15
CatchAndShoot
I brick open layups

CatchAndShoot is considered somewhat coolCatchAndShoot is considered somewhat cool

He was huge in that Boston game and looks like he was huge in the Net's game only got to see the Boston game tho. Always like to see a player like Bonner step it up.
CatchAndShoot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: