Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-27-2009, 01:30 PM   #16
UniformBomber
Can barely lace up my sneakers

UniformBomber has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Nets Draft Prospect Ideas...

Noob here. My first official post. Anyway...

Not that Griffin is realistically on our radar, but if we had a chance to get him, he'd be the ideal player to pair up with Lopez. Griffin will be a good NBA PF, but he'll thrive with a big Center playing alongside him. I can only dream for a miracle and the 1st pick.

Other guys:
Definitely Jordan Hill. He's an NBA player, has awesome Offensive ability, and again, would benefit playing next to Lopez.

Aminu from WF (if he declares) will be the athletic swingman that can compliment Harris well. The skinny on him right now is that he needs to bulk up and improve his outside game; and if he develops a perimeter shot, he'll be virtually unguardable.

I'm done with VC, have been for a couple of seasons now, and hope we can move him before the draft. What the Nets have lacked for the longest time, what we've starved for, is a consistent shooting threat. Carter runs hot-and-cold with his jumpers; sure he'll always get his points, but when you need to make big jumpshots, you just don't know what to expect from him.

Therefore, I think our top priority in this draft should be to find that consistent shooter (unless a steal of a PF, e.g. Hill, lands in our laps). I might get flamed for this, but Wayne Ellington has a lot of potential. He's already a deadly shooter and he's improved his handles and passing ability. His jumper is so pure and will only continue to develop. That's the type of trio we'd want: Harris/Ellington/Lopez because you threaten opposing Ds from 3 different areas.

Derozan is another guy but I doubt we have a chance to get him. Same with Harden, he has a nice shot too.

Anyone know the other Shooters in this draft? And I don't mean the JJ Redick type shooters, rather, guys that actually have an NBA game.
UniformBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #17
KiddToCarter
I airball my layups

KiddToCarter has an OK reputation so far

hmm... im looking on nbadraft.. and out rank is 11....if he stays or dont... and wayne ellington is ranked to go like 25 on this list... i saw some games of him.. maybe i saw only bad game.. like that night that harden played like he didnt know what basketball is... but ok.. i would rather draft someone i dont like then ellington.. sorry so i think but... im still with clark or terrence williams... cant wait to see tonight game l'ville vs arizona... there u can see clark vs hill... and budinger vs t-will..

on my list what would i draft if clark or aminu... werent avaleble...
sam young 6-6 SF
damion james 6-7 SF
james johnson 6-8 SF
terrence williams 6-6 SG/SF
or even tyreke evans that i wouldnt draft i would draft over ellington...

that how i see...

but in second round.. i hope we could get a solid player.. like R.Doizer, Lyons or McNeal... what you think???? Matthews.. i would interesting...
if not we could still trade Yi for a draft pick
KiddToCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #18
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would love to have Robert Dozier on the team. He has some Uncle Cliffy in him. I actually think he is the best pro currently on the Memphis squad. I think Tyreke will underperform his draft position, but Robert will exceed his. At one point he was considered to be the best pro prospect in the Memphis program, above Darius Washington, Rodney Carney, and Shawne Williams. I think that earlier thinking may be correct.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #19
UniformBomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddToCarter
hmm... im looking on nbadraft.. and out rank is 11....if he stays or dont... and wayne ellington is ranked to go like 25 on this list... i saw some games of him.. maybe i saw only bad game.. like that night that harden played like he didnt know what basketball is... but ok.. i would rather draft someone i dont like then ellington.. sorry so i think but... im still with clark or terrence williams... cant wait to see tonight game l'ville vs arizona... there u can see clark vs hill... and budinger vs t-will..

sam young 6-6 SF
damion james 6-7 SF
james johnson 6-8 SF

that how i see...

but in second round.. i hope we could get a solid player.. like R.Doizer, Lyons or McNeal... what you think???? Matthews.. i would interesting...

Buddinger is a nice prospect I forgot to mention. He has great upside: unlimited range and leaping ability, good bball IQ, and a tenacity that has only scratched the surface sporadically.

The Louisville guys (Clark and Williams) don't appear - as of right now - that they're game will translate so well to the NBA. I do like Williams, but he's kind of a 'tweener and he might have some difficulty finding his niche at the next level.

At one point I really wanted Sam Young, and if we had a later pick, he'd probably be good value. He's definitely NBA ready, has range, solid D, and can sky. The problem is, with where we'll most likely be choosing (lottery), his ceiling is kind of low. What you see right now is pretty much what you're gonna get. Why that's not so great is because he's old for his class; I think he's like 23 or 24.

Ellington definitely has had some bad games. But when Lawson sat out with the toe injury, Ellington stepped it up, as needed. The upside is he's young and already has a silky J, so you can build upon that.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:14 AM   #20
SLY
Brooklyn Lopez

SLY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddToCarter

sam young 6-6 SF
damion james 6-7 SF
james johnson 6-8 SF

that how i see...

What happend to Tyreke Evans the kid was so hyped up 2yrs ago ??
SLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:23 AM   #21
KiddToCarter
I airball my layups

hmm... tyreke... he kinda got lost in the first half of the season... but the last game he was playing great 33p 5r and 4a.... but i dont know everytime i look him when he shoots he has a crazy jumper but he can hit.. dont know if he is ready at this point to go pro... maybe in year or two he will be.. and if he stays next year they will be champs... btw did some one see arizona vs l'ville... clark has maked some crazy jumper... he had 19p 9r 2a while t-will 14p 7r 6a... damn would be that great if we could get them both on our team...
Old 03-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #22
Vinsanity850

Vinsanity850 has an OK reputation so far

i bet the nets take DeMar DeRozan.
Vinsanity850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:00 PM   #23
KiddToCarter
I airball my layups

hmm derozan.. well that would be nice to.. but i dont know if he can shoot??? but a super freak jumpin skills... on nbadraft.com they say taht he could be next VC or gerald green.. but dont know how they look it...

DeMar DeRozan
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/demar-derozan

interestin... but on still on clark....
Old 03-31-2009, 01:02 PM   #24
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Derozan was an over-hyped disappointment on the college level. He is a great athlete, but since his ball handling ability is very below average it doesn't mean much. DeMar also is not assertive on offense.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:45 PM   #25
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Since no one really blows me away, I would almost prefer to trade down. Maybe Minny wouls send us Boston's pick and Miami's, or which ever two they have around 18 and 28.

If we do keep the pick I like in order:
Aminu
Clark
DeRozen
Curry

If we trade down and get 2 picks I would like to see us target:

Sam Young
Terrence Williams
Budinger
for SFs

Brackins
Blair
Patterson
J.Johnson
for PFs
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:39 PM   #26
UniformBomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
Since no one really blows me away, I would almost prefer to trade down. Maybe Minny wouls send us Boston's pick and Miami's, or which ever two they have around 18 and 28.

If we do keep the pick I like in order:
Aminu
Clark
DeRozen
Curry

If we trade down and get 2 picks I would like to see us target:

Sam Young
Terrence Williams
Budinger
for SFs

Brackins
Blair
Patterson
J.Johnson
for PFs

I think I agree. If we wind up in no man's land, we should try to trade either up or down. Trading up, maybe we can package our pick, Yi, and Boone or some sort of combination to try and get a guy like Jordan Hill. Our inside game with he and Lopez would become one of the better ones in the East, especially Offensively, as long as Hill doesn't get complacent. Having a character guy like Lopez next to him should help him strive for improvement.

Because players have to play that first year of college (or Europe), the drafts have consequently grown deeper. Trading down nowadays, you're much more likely to still land some talent versus if you did so in the past. Still, basketball players are a total crapshoot either way.

Derozan may have underachieved this year, but let's remember, he's like 18 or 19; the kid has time to develop. I didn't get to see him play much this year, but his athleticism is well documented and I read he has deep range. I also have heard the VC comparisons, and if he develops, he could end up being another JR Smith, which would be fantastic, especially if VC is on his way out.

As for your trade-down scenario, the best combination we should go for is a 2or3 and then a 4 with the best players available at each pick (i.e. don't draft on position in any order, just take who's the best available at those three positions). Get someone to pair up with Lopez for the next 10 years, and for the love of God, get someone who's a shooting threat.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:25 PM   #27
Vinsanity850

Vinsanity850 has an OK reputation so far

http://www.youtube.com/v/Qsrg-AIxMJ0..._embedded&fs=1

watch at :28

and he shot 53% from the field, not too bad.

Last edited by Vinsanity850 : 03-31-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Vinsanity850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:16 PM   #28
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

I wouldn't mind DeRozan, but I think Earl Clark would be a better pick. In fact, I think he's my top choice if I had that chance. He would slot in perfectly at the 3 long term. I'm not sure whether DeRozan is going to be Carter, or if he's going to be Gerald Green.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #29
BrooklynNets

BrooklynNets has an OK reputation so far

I like how knowledgeable people are on this thread.

I think DeRozan is the only swingman with potential to really dominate at the NBA level. The Nets never pick a player like that. I don't care what his skill level the Nets need a player that can just physically dominate the open court. DeRozan's speed would be great alongside Harris. But he will probably be a top 5 pick.

2nd would be Aminu. He reminds me a little of a healthy Bobby Simmons. If he can tighten up his ball handling and shooting he should be a nice upgrade for the team on both ends of the court.

Stephen Curry will probably drop farther then he should. I think he will be an above average starting PG in the league. He would be a good "asset" pick and would learn so much from Dooling.

Let's keep this thread going!!!
BrooklynNets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #30
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I feel this should be stickied
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: