Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 04-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #31
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Default Re: Nets Draft Prospect Ideas...

I would love Curry on the team, but we are already stacked on guards. Maybe a nice PF would be nice.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:01 AM   #32
UniformBomber
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Ellington wins the MOP award for the Championship game. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but this should justify why I'm so high on him. He can flat out stroke the ball and as a Sophomore, he's young and will continue to develop.

If VC is a goner, I would really consider Ellington because his ceiling is pretty high.
UniformBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #33
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

Demar Derozan if he falls to the 10th pick?
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #34
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Have the posters advocating Demar Derozan actually seen him play?
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #35
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Have the posters advocating Demar Derozan actually seen him play?

I wasn't a Derozan fan for most of this season. He looked unprepared, raw, and no different than Kedrick Brown. But as the post season wore on, it became evident to me that he has enough skills to make it in the NBA, it would just take him a few years to actualize it. If we take him, we are committing ourselves to two seasons where he's going to make a lot of mistakes, have a lot of growing pains, but if he sticks to it he will be a solid player in the end. I think having a guy like Vince mentor him will be tremendous. If Vince commits to mentoring DeRozan, we may have a future star in our hands. I don't know what his limit is though.

As for the thread, I like Greg Monroe the best but he's probably out of reach. In that 2nd tier of the draft, Clark would be a good choice as he can be the athletic counterpart to a slower Brook Lopez. If not him, then we probably should look at swingman/guard talent. Derozan and Gerald Henderson would be the choice. Derozan if you're looking long term, Henderson if you're looking short term. If not them, you go to Flynn or Lawson. I personally like Flynn more cause he's younger and already just as good with a better jumper. Lawson wouldn't be bad though, he is more ready when it comes down to it.

Sam Young is not really a favorite of mine. He's too mediocre, doesn't have a single talent to really break through in. He's a scorer in college, but I think he'll be limited in the next level because I don't think he's an NBA level scorer and doesn't have anything else to make up for it.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #36
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Also, if Patrick Patterson stays in the draft, I want him too. Him and Lopez will be a good combination of power and finesse at the next level.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:41 AM   #37
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

What do you guys think about Craig Brackins?

Quote:
A combo forward who possesses a soft touch and a natural knack for scoring the ball … He is a decent athlete, runs the floor well and has a great wingspan … Has the versatility to operate on the perimeter as well as back people down on the block … With his back to the basket he shows great patience and has a nice variety of crafty moves; he utilizes shotfakes, shows an effective turnaround jumper and a mini hook … Working out of the high post, he is a difficult matchup because of his ability to shoot and because he can put the ball on the floor … He is fairly comfortable facing up and taking defenders off the dribble and either finishing at the basket or going to his much preferred jump shot … He is the most effective when he gets into a rhythm as he is able to make all sorts of contested shots from the midrange area … His shot is such a potent weapon not only because of his great touch, but also because his release is so high and he has a natural fade making it virtually unguardable … Some have questioned his desire to rebound last year, but he has shown that he can be a very effective rebounder, averaging 9 rebounds this season … He has been asked to carry the load for his team all season, and he has proven to be a very consistent performer, scoring in double digits in all but two games … Even though his team has gone through some rough stretches, he has continued to play hard regardless of the situation…
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/craig-brackins
Sounds a little like Yi but froom what I see he looks pretty solid
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:04 AM   #38
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Granted I have not seen him play a lot, but what I have seen he isn't a lottery pick.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:55 PM   #39
Dasher

As time the draft draws near, I think more and more that James Johnson should be our pick. He is versatile enough to play the 3 and 4. Johnson would also give the front court a much needed boost of strength to compliment all the finesse players that currently populate it. This is all dependent on Earl Clark being off the board.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #40
Dasher

Scratch Aminu off of the wishlist:
Quote:
Freshman forward Al-Farouq Aminu (at left in AP photo), widely expected to enter the NBA Draft in June, will return for his sophomore season at Wake Forest, the school's sports information office has announced.

"My family and I feel like now is not the right time," Aminu said in a statement released by Wake.

The 6-foot-9 forward from Norcross, Ga., who is listed among the top 15 picks in numerous mock drafts, averaged 12.9 points and 8.2 rebounds his freshman season.

"His decision reflects his maturity and his understanding that he needs to develop certain areas of his game," Wake coach Dino Gaudio said in a prepared statement.
http://aboverim.blogspot.com/2009/04...g-at-wake.html
Old 04-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #41
Dasher

I am also warming up to the idea of pairing Devin Harris with Jrue Holliday, and sliding Vince over to the three permanently. We will still need to add some size and strength to the frontcourt, but the players in our range would be a reach at that point. I am not big on DeJuan Blair.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:14 PM   #42
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Blair in the lottery will be a disaster. He's Sean May Part II mixed with some Glen Davis. He'll clog the lane up too much for anyone to operate.

I like Jrue, he's a fantastic defender and plays aggressively. He has some solid skills and watching him d up James Harden was very impressive. My only hesitation would be that if Flynn is available with Jrue, I'd go with him. He's a better finisher and his impact is more tangible. I understand that Jrue is just a freshman, but something about the way Flynn can control a game is more impressive to me.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #43
Dasher

I like Flynn as well, but would he be a starter with Devin the back court? I feel as if the Nets should be targeting players that can be starters in the future while avoiding redunancy with other assets. I like Jrue because he is tall enough to defend 2 guards on the next level. A trio of Devin, Vince, and Jrue would be dangerous in a motion offense, even though both Jrue and Devin still need work on their jumpers.

Devin, Jrue, Vince, Keyon, and CDR would form a really nice group of players on the wing.

Last edited by Dasher : 04-19-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:08 PM   #44
Dasher

Gani Lawal should also be on our radar. I expect him to shoot up the boards again after workouts. He is a big with a live body, whose understanding of the game has grown by leaps and bounds every time he steps on the court.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:35 PM   #45
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
I like Flynn as well, but would he be a starter with Devin the back court? I feel as if the Nets should be targeting players that can be starters in the future while avoiding redunancy with other assets. I like Jrue because he is tall enough to defend 2 guards on the next level. A trio of Devin, Vince, and Jrue would be dangerous in a motion offense, even though both Jrue and Devin still need work on their jumpers.

Devin, Jrue, Vince, Keyon, and CDR would form a really nice group of players on the wing.

Personally, I feel Devin is better suited at the 2 and Flynn at the 1. However, to start, Flynn would proably be a back up point guard and share the duties with Keyon, with Keyon also logging time as the back up 2 guard. However, if we're talking long run, Flynn may be the better choice for our point guard for the future.

Lets face it, Devin's 26 years old and will be 27. He's probably at his highest trade value right now. I don't know much more we can get out of him since he'll really only be at this level for 3-4 more years. I'm not saying trade him, but if the offer were right, I'd explore it.

Anyway, Lawal is a nice player. I only fear that he may not be a big impact guy as much as a bench player. He's definitely a project and if we were looking at him, I'd say take a look at Patrick Patterson. I think Patterson right now is more ready for the NBA. I haven't decided which I feel has a better future prospect, but right now I like Patterson more.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: