Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 09-25-2006, 02:00 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default GS and Charlotte deal?

So here is a rumor i found.

Charlotte Gets:

Michael Pietrus, Mike Dunleavy

Golden State Gets:

Melvin Ely, Gerald wallace

This might be a fair trade but I dont see how it makes charlotte better when you guys have so many good gaurds. But then you got some plenty Big men too.

It seems like a trade that doesnt imrpove both teams much and it just creates more depth.

What do you guys think?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:58 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Cite your source because this trade looks like BS to me. I'll look around to see what I can find but right now I'm calling BS on this one.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:06 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Cite your source because this trade looks like BS to me. I'll look around to see what I can find but right now I'm calling BS on this one.

lol dude its on insidehoops.com

read it before it goes away.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:18 AM   #4
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

It's on insidehoops but we're quoting a fan blog, not a newspaper (and yes, we made sure to point out that it's a fan blog reporting it)
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:24 AM   #5
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Dunleavy/Pietrus for G-Force and Ely? Not cool.

Other than a big guard (Pietrus) and big forward what would Dunleavy give you?

Pietrus was being called "The French Jordan" when he was in the draft. Is this way Michael wants him? Well, Harold Miner was dubbed "Baby Jordan" and he's no longer heard from. Potential is one thing, but what you cand do shows more than what you are capable of.

I'd never make this trade.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:33 AM   #6
Shark
I hit open layups

Shark has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Charlotte Gets:
Michael Pietrus, Mike Dunleavy

Golden State Gets:
Melvin Ely, Gerald wallace

What do you guys think?

To me, that's ridiculous.
No way Charlotte is going to accept.
They lose a potential superstar in Wallace, who is also locked with a reasonable contract, and a decent bigman in Ely (to be re-signed, but he's restricted).
They get one of the worst underachiever in Dunleavy, who also has a big contract (compared to what he's shown), and an unknown defensive guy, who's incosistent and with limited potential.
If Mullin is able to do so without picks/Diogu, then he has to be considered for executive of the year.
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:05 AM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

You forget I pointed out its pointless and makes noone better.

And What fan blog was this?
Old 09-27-2006, 10:51 AM   #8
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
lol dude its on insidehoops.com
i dont really read ISH because I figure that alot of it is posted in the forums.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:37 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
i dont really read ISH because I figure that alot of it is posted in the forums.

I know but you told me to cite the source so i just let you know.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:42 PM   #10
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark
To me, that's ridiculous.
No way Charlotte is going to accept.
They lose a potential superstar in Wallace, who is also locked with a reasonable contract, and a decent bigman in Ely (to be re-signed, but he's restricted).
They get one of the worst underachiever in Dunleavy, who also has a big contract (compared to what he's shown), and an unknown defensive guy, who's incosistent and with limited potential.
If Mullin is able to do so without picks/Diogu, then he has to be considered for executive of the year.

Not only that G-Force may be an All Star
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:29 AM   #11
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

another big guy in GS???!!! nah...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 06:17 PM   #12
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Question

Has anyone local to North Carolina been able to figure out which Cats games will be televised? Supposedly a station nicknamed MYTV12 will broadcast several Cats games but I can't even get to the stations web site (takes about six months to load the page).
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 06:35 PM   #13
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

yeah MYTV12 is what used to be UPN. I hope our UPN network will carry some. I know that other than that there will be a game on TNT and NBATV but other than that, just radio broadcasts. I'll try to find the article about it on the cats' site
Old 09-30-2006, 06:36 PM   #14
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

here it is. along with a list of radio stations that carry the games.

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/Bobcats_B...28276-443.html
Old 10-01-2006, 12:23 PM   #15
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
You don't read ISH?!? Your going to hell. You sinner! How dare you!

lol
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: