Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-02-2009, 06:02 PM   #511
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official Superbowl XLIII thread!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
I just dont get why the Steelers need to be handed the superbowl every year. Against Seattle it was pretty BLATANT collusion on the leagues part, but even in this game despite them generally playing better than Zona, they still got the benefit of every single questionable call. Like, why always them? What makes them so gotdamn special? How can you fumble the ball when it gets chucked 10 feet in the direction you were throwing it? ****ing league.
I disagree that Pittsburgh got the benefit of every call. The holding call that resulted in a safety is rarely called in the NFL. The center was falling backwards, the defensive lineman was falling forward on top of him, then, after the ball is released, the center pulled the lineman to the ground. To call that in a team's own endzone after the ball had already been let go?

I don't think anything was bogus about last night's officiating, except how consistently bad it was on both sides.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:39 PM   #512
-primetime-

I was going to try to make n all time defense list and realized it is very difficult...

right away after looking at other lists on the net I was shown that many of the teams listed are from way back in the day...I know very little about them.

so I thought using numbers may be good to use but that is bad due to the different eras and the fact that using stats to rank is bad in general...

anywho...the Steelers D did play good last night...hell, Harrison won the game for them...I am still in a bit of shock that he didn't win SBMVP...

I don't know where to rank them only that the 70s Steelers D teams are all better because that Steel Curtain won 4 rings...

85 Bears and 00 Ravens are up there

and why don't Dallas teams of the 90s and the Doomsday defense don't get credit by most I don't understand...
Old 02-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #513
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32

Holy sh-t. Look at the Cardinal wide reciever getting blocked by his own guy who's NOT EVEN PLAYING. GET OUT OF THE WAY DUDE!!!!!!
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:45 PM   #514
sonicman
Decent playground baller

sonicman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Holy sh-t. Look at the Cardinal wide reciever getting blocked by his own guy who's NOT EVEN PLAYING. GET OUT OF THE WAY DUDE!!!!!!

LOL I didn't notice that before you pointed it out... Fitz probably would've caught Harrison if it wasn't for that
sonicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #515
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I was going to try to make n all time defense list and realized it is very difficult...

right away after looking at other lists on the net I was shown that many of the teams listed are from way back in the day...I know very little about them.

so I thought using numbers may be good to use but that is bad due to the different eras and the fact that using stats to rank is bad in general...

anywho...the Steelers D did play good last night...hell, Harrison won the game for them...I am still in a bit of shock that he didn't win SBMVP...

I don't know where to rank them only that the 70s Steelers D teams are all better because that Steel Curtain won 4 rings...

85 Bears and 00 Ravens are up there

and why don't Dallas teams of the 90s and the Doomsday defense don't get credit by most I don't understand...

That is the reason that I only will rate defenses that I have seen perform in my lifetime. Going strictly by numbers is too difficult. There are variables that don't show up on the stat sheet.

From a sheer dominance standpoint, it is the 1985 Bears and 2000 Ravens in my lifetime. Like I said... I would put this Steelers defense just a step down with the 1990 Giants and the 2002 Bucs.

I agree about Harrison. I honestly think he would have been awarded the MVP if he hadn't gone loco on that poor Cardinals' special teamer... Funny thing is, that guy wanted nothing to do with him. Harrison is a mean mofo.

But, he didn't just have the interception for six... He was all over the field all night long. He was making Levi Brown look foolish.

Akron represent!
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #516
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk

right foot still isn't touching

wow...

from those pics it does in fact seem that way...

not good...
Old 02-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #517
BULLZ
Serious playground baller

BULLZ has decent reputationBULLZ has decent reputation

Who won the game?
BULLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:31 PM   #518
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rigged
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #519
BULLZ
Serious playground baller

BULLZ has decent reputationBULLZ has decent reputation

They should regather everyone and "redo" this final few minutes.
BULLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #520
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Rigged
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #521
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

I just watched PTI and they pointed out that after that winning touch down catch, Holmes used the football as a prop, when he was imitating Lebron. That could have been a 15 yard penalty after the Cards had the ball on 23 or whatever, which would have given them a much better chance to win the game.

That was huge for the refs not to call it.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #522
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Man... people need to stop with the refs. They called holding, so what. If you are holding a guy back you should get called for it. There were a few times that had dude not held Harrison he would have got the sack.

There was one questionable call and that was the roughing the quarterback, but aside from that... everything that got called against both teams was deserved.

Its stupid to make it seem like the refs won or lost the game.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #523
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In big games like this fans tend to look at it thru a microscope. Calls made they wouldnt call whereas calls missed they would have. At the end of the day if fans complaining were refs? We would have topics with posts saying the officiating wasnt great.

I do think there were a shytload of calls especially holding. But facing a defense like Pitt that puts insane pressure from the front 7? I can see some grabbing going on. Game got entertaining to me imo when Larry Fitz caught that incredible catch. From that point on i was really in to it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: