Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 02-01-2009, 08:11 AM   #16
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Do you think Hasheem Thabeet will be a decent Center in the NBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I certainly prefer Varnado to Thabeet.

I don't think Thabeet will be anything special in the NBA, just another tall guy who some GM is going to take chance on, with the old 'you can't teach height' stuff. He'll be a nice defensive presence with his shot blocking and shot altering abilities, but that's about it.
I don't think he'll be a great shot blocker because as Infinite mentioned earlier many of his blocks come from stupid shots by small guards. Thabeet may get at one or two shots a game but he won't be a guy that teams game-plan against his shot blocking.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #17
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Depends on where he goes. A team like the Heat who would want him to just worry about defense could be good. He is bigger than just about everyone in the NBA today minus Yao and maybe Big Z.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #18
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I don't think he'll be a great shot blocker because as Infinite mentioned earlier many of his blocks come from stupid shots by small guards. Thabeet may get at one or two shots a game but he won't be a guy that teams game-plan against his shot blocking.
He'll have that shot altering presence though. I agree that he won't be a shot blocking monster in the NBA like he currently is in the NCAA, where he towers over pretty much everyone by a good 5-7 inches. In the NBA, he'll just be an other big body in a long line of big bodies.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #19
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Being a UConn superfan, alum, and anything else connected to fanhood, I would say that Thabeet will be a decent role player until he gets focused. Once he gets focused with improving on the offensive end, he could become a legit force in the NBA.....but it is up to him.

I say a decent role player; 9/9 a night.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:15 PM   #20
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
He'll have that shot altering presence though. I agree that he won't be a shot blocking monster in the NBA like he currently is in the NCAA, where he towers over pretty much everyone by a good 5-7 inches. In the NBA, he'll just be an other big body in a long line of big bodies.
I agree but also keep in mind that this is a guy that is currently being looked at as a top 10 pick.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:32 PM   #21
GiveItToBurrito

For someone who's about five inches taller than anyone else on the floor most nights, 10 rebounds a game is actually not that impressive. I figure that, best case scenario, his peak is what Greg Oden is now, and that whoever drafts him should be happy if he just becomes the next Samuel Dalembert. He could start on a good team, but you'd have to have a monster of a power forward like KG, Boozer, or TIMMY to go along with him.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #22
Big Al All day
lol lmao wtf? : |

Big Al All day has decent reputation

He kind of reminds me of Sam Dalembert. He might be alright, but he's so big I have a feeling he will have to deal with lots of injuries. Also he needs a lot of work on offense and really isn't THAT great on D. Like someone else said being about 5 inches taller than everybody on the floor 10 rebounds isn't that great. 10 blocks was nice though, and he has had 3 10 block games.

But of course you can't teach size and he has a LOT of size.
Big Al All day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #23
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think he's going to be anything special.

There are some pretty terrible Centers in the NBA though.... this guy could definately start somewhere.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #24
dyna
National High School Star

dyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation here

I see him with avg 11.1pts 10.3reb 2.1blk in his prime, maybe a Samuel Dalembert type player.
dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #25
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

I think he would be a good back-up for the Rockets. We could have Mutumbo getting his defense more improved than what it is.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:49 AM   #26
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think he's going to be a solid Center in the NBA once he develop his offense because the kid is already one of the best defensive Center in the NCAA.

You cannot teach height that's why NBA Teams will draft him in the First Round.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:59 AM   #27
jason816
High School Varsity 12th Man

jason816 has an OK reputation so far

if he's good, why isn't he scoring 87pts and dish out 10 assist, along with those rebounds and blocks?

well, i think he can be a poor man's Mutombo... dunno... never saw him play.
jason816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:09 AM   #28
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason816
if he's good, why isn't he scoring 87pts and dish out 10 assist, along with those rebounds and blocks?

well, i think he can be a poor man's Mutombo... dunno... never saw him play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gq2ytzudZc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CuJK...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdAC0...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x6HY...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUx-JX8HKgk

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:09 AM   #29
dyna
National High School Star

dyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
For someone who's about five inches taller than anyone else on the floor most nights, 10 rebounds a game is actually not that impressive. I figure that, best case scenario, his peak is what Greg Oden is now, and that whoever drafts him should be happy if he just becomes the next Samuel Dalembert. He could start on a good team, but you'd have to have a monster of a power forward like KG, Boozer, or TIMMY to go along with him.

Yeah because Yao Ming Grab like 15 rebounds per game and if not he's a bad player right??

dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #30
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

39 mins
25 points (10-13)
20 rebounds
9 blocks
1 assist
2 turnovers

he just dropped that line on Seton Hall
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: