Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 02-01-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Demar Derozan

Who here has gotten a good chance to see him? I'm watching USC/Cal right now and this is my first time since he's played in high school. He's got 10 points at the half on 5-8 shooting. His athleticism was already on display with a dunk he had to move his head out of the way for and an alley oop I thought he could have taken a quarter off the top of the back board. He's showed the ability to come off of a curl and hit the short J, as well as being persistent on the offensive boards. I've liked what I've seen.

season averages...

12.1 ppg
5.2 rpg
1.2 apg
1.0 spg
51 fg%

He started off so slow, but started to pick up his play after the first 7 games or so, and there was a streak of 9 straight games where he was averaging 15.5 ppg. The obvious thing he needs to improve is outside shooting. It's horrendous. Only 1-18 on threes for the year.

I'm pretty much trying to get at the point that I think people were a little too hard on him to start because of his expectations. All of the "top 5" in the draft talk.

I believe we forgot he was just a freshman. I hope he stays longer than this season. I still see star potential in him should he stay 2 years longer. Maybe staying with his buddy Lil Romeo can convince him to stay? Not sure if that would make a difference.

Demar Derozan > Tyreke Evans as a pro prospect. This I do know.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:31 AM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Demar Derozan

From tonight's game.

19 points (8-13 shooting)
4 rebounds
1 assist
not sure how many mins/steals yet until the boxscore is updated
Old 02-01-2009, 01:40 AM   #3
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

From what I've heard the biggest hole in his game is ball handling and he has trouble creating his own shot. I haven't had a chance to get a look at him yet, so that's all hearsay right now.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:56 AM   #4
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

he is one of those players that suck in college but will grow in NBA.

similar to OJ MAYO, not game wise, but situation wise.
brandonislegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:40 AM   #5
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

I think he needs some more time in college to work on his game. Hopefully he doesn't get pressured into coming out to soon.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #6
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
he is one of those players that suck in college but will grow in NBA.

similar to OJ MAYO, not game wise, but situation wise.

Mayo never sucked in College. His team did. The coach did.

Mayo numbers in college are almost identical to his rookie numbers

20pts 4 rebs 3 assists 40% 3pt shooting. At USC as a freshman how is that sucking
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #7
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
Mayo never sucked in College. His team did. The coach did.

Mayo numbers in college are almost identical to his rookie numbers

20pts 4 rebs 3 assists 40% 3pt shooting. At USC as a freshman how is that sucking

he wasn't spectacular
brandonislegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #8
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
he wasn't spectacular

There was no spectacular player except Eric Gordon and Michael Beasley.

Derrick Rose numbers were terrible. Not to sound like BULLZ, but memphis was stacked. If you switched Mayo and Rose. Mayo to memphis and Rose to USC. Memphis would have won the championship just on the fact that Mayo can actually shoot fts 88%
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #9
camps4kids
Can barely lace up my sneakers

camps4kids has an OK reputation so far

camps4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #10
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by camps4kids
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:09 AM   #11
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Demar is one of my best friends cousins but thats another story.

He is a monster athlete. Like previous posters have said, his 3 pt shooting is horrendous. I watched him at Compton and occasionally he would be hot and jack 3s up off the dribble and they would go in but as a stand still shooter thats when he misses. Demar is gonna be one of those guys that will always be a scorer and never a shooter.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #12
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Demar is one of my best friends cousins but thats another story.

He is a monster athlete. Like previous posters have said, his 3 pt shooting is horrendous. I watched him at Compton and occasionally he would be hot and jack 3s up off the dribble and they would go in but as a stand still shooter thats when he misses. Demar is gonna be one of those guys that will always be a scorer and never a shooter.

I'm not seeing what you are at all. I really like the look of him as a shooter, one of the main reasons I think he will live up to the hype. If he's a horrendous shooter than he fooled me, because to me it looks like he has all the tools and good form + strength.

I see derozen as a better daqaun cook who could end up closer to vince carter, but agree that he needs another year at sc before he's close to ready
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:10 PM   #13
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I seen him play. He's okay but he should stay in school and get a lil more seasoning in his game.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:42 PM   #14
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I sort of feel like his shot at least has a sound foundation too. He tends to drift a little when he jumps for his jump shot, but that's not uncommon for top tier athletes. He'll eventually have to take a little off as far as how hard he leaves the ground on his jumper.
I also think he projects better as a pro than a collegian. He reminds me a little of JR Smith, although he's not quite as pure a natural shooter. A good prospect though.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:45 PM   #15
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

In his last game he had 15 points (6-11 fg), 8 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 turnover.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: