Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 02-17-2009, 02:20 AM   #16
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Demar Derozan

I kind of overshot when I called him the most gifted player that is likely to be in the draft this year before the season, but I think he is kind of showing what I meant. His skill set isn't at an NBA level, but skills are almost one of the last things you look at because if a guy works hard (which is one of the more important things in a prospect) those skills will come. DeRozan has those gifts that you can't teach and that is what is going to seperate him from most of these other good college SG in the NBA.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:57 AM   #17
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've watched a lot of USC games, and Derozan just hasn't been impressive to me. Maybe it's the offense USC runs or something... but I just keep waiting for Demar to do something that makes me say, "wow, this kid is a gamer"... and it hasn't happened yet.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:06 AM   #18
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I've watched a lot of USC games, and Derozan just hasn't been impressive to me. Maybe it's the offense USC runs or something... but I just keep waiting for Demar to do something that makes me say, "wow, this kid is a gamer"... and it hasn't happened yet.
He is one that needs a few years in college, but will probably leave this year and waste into the second round DeAndre Jordan style. Jordan could easily have been a lottery pick this year if he had stayed.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:54 AM   #19
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
In his last game he had 15 points (6-11 fg), 8 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 turnover.
In the 2 games since then...

20 points (7-14 fg)
8 rebounds
2 assists
1 steal

@ Arizona

16 points (7-14 fg)
10 rebounds
1 assist
1 steal

@ Arizona State
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #20
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Young man put on a show to help USC win the Pac-10 tourney.

25 points (10-16 fg, 1-3 3fg, 4-7 ft)
4 assists
3 rebounds
1 steal
0 turnovers
Old 03-14-2009, 11:25 PM   #21
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

he had like 5 highlight dunks against ucla lawl
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:32 PM   #22
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What team in the NBA do you guys think could use Derozan and where will he probably end up?

Also, what type of numbers do you see him putting up in his prime
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:54 PM   #23
swyftdahoe
I brick open layups

swyftdahoe has an OK reputation so far

I wonder if he's better off just sucking on some NBA bench for another couple of years.. Might be better off learning the pro game as soon as possible.. But yeah, I'm not sure though.. Tim Floyd coaches an NBA game.. Not sure what to think..
swyftdahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:14 AM   #24
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
What team in the NBA do you guys think could use Derozan and where will he probably end up?

He needs to still work on his jumper. His form isn't the best and sometimes the ball has side spin or is even flat when he shoots his jumper. Most of his points are always off of dunks which isn't a bad thing but he needs to develop that jumper to be able to start dominating games. He has tons of work to do before ever dominating the NCAA so its gonna take awhile before he dominates the NBA.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #25
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak

The Bobcats.

Raja Bell is aging so he'd be a great player to have for the future. They don't really have a two guard other than Bell which is why they place Felton at the two alot. I think Felton will be gone after this season though.

Augustin/Singletary
Bell/Derozan
Wallace/Radmanovic
Diaw/Diop
Okafor/Ajinca
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:05 AM   #26
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

MJ won't take him. MJ likes celebrated college guys, not freshman phenoms who need serious development. I would look MJ to take Gerald Henderson, Stephen Curry, or Earl Clark. Hell, I wouldn't put it past him to trade for a lower pick just to get DeJuan Blair or Hansbrough.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #27
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Its already known that Charlotte, and the Knicks are both in love with Curry. If hes gone before Charlotte picks than Charlotte will definately go after Derozan, assuming he isnt gone as well.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:54 PM   #28
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

He had his jumper going against Arizona state, just watched the game he was KILLIN. kinda reminds me of iguodala
Old 03-18-2009, 09:02 PM   #29
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
He had his jumper going against Arizona state, just watched the game he was KILLIN. kinda reminds me of iguodala
Iguodala without the floor vision. Terrence Williams from Louisville really reminds me of Andre.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:05 PM   #30
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Nah, to be honest he is a playmaker, he uses his athelticism to jump and make passes that most players cant.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: